Known Issue: Thick As Thieves (1/31/20 Run) Rewards

IceIX
IceIX ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 4,320 Site Admin

Hi all,

Wanted to raise a known issue and let players know that it'll be handled.

With this run of Thick As Thieves, a testing version of the Event mistakenly went out that had obvious inconsistencies (required nodes didn't match the boosted characters, Event Tokens pointing to a different Event Vault, etc.)

While we noticed this issue quickly, players had already started in on progress so we didn't want to invalidate that progress by restarting the Event. So instead, we ran a patch that updated the Event to largely what was intended. However, there are a couple points that we left as-is so that it affected the fewest number of players possible.

• Event Tokens were pointed at an old Event Vault instead of what should be the Event Store. This has been updated to the new Tokens, but some players have some of these old Tokens instead. Players are welcome to gain and use these Tokens with no issue. After the Event, we will tote up the number of Tokens players gained and send the corrected amount that point to the intended Store.
  • Command Point rewards for 5-Star required nodes are spread over multiple plays instead of batched. If we updated this mid-run, this would result in some players getting less CP than intended since they played once or twice and didn't get the batch of CP they'd normally get. So instead, we're leaving this node reward as-is and will credit players the "missing" CP for players that would have gained the whole batch but didn't due to only completing the node a certain number of times.

We'll be collating these extra rewards once the Event ends, so next week we'll have a pass of reward gifts for the players that were affected. Sorry for the inconvenience!

Comments

• Anon
    Anon Posts: 1,455 Chairperson of the Boards
    Thanks!
  • Taganov
    Taganov Posts: 279 Mover and Shaker
    I feel all my saltiness receding. Thanks for the quick update!
  • tiomono
    tiomono Posts: 1,654 Chairperson of the Boards
    Test version? Changed cp reward structure on the 5* node? Looking forward to reward updates as you guys keep making a great game.
  • IceIX
    IceIX ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 4,320 Site Admin
    tiomono said:
    Test version? Changed cp reward structure on the 5* node? Looking forward to reward updates as you guys keep making a great game.
    ::Innocent whistling::
  • Scofie
    Scofie GLOBAL_MODERATORS Posts: 1,309 Chairperson of the Boards
    tiomono said:
    Feedback on the test: Elite instead of standard token is great. CP split could be 2 and 1 with shards for that 5* in the spare gap... 😈

Thanks for the update! I didn't get the unbuffed issue but glad the tokens will be rectified.  Much appreciated!
  • MrPlow
    MrPlow Posts: 240 Tile Toppler
    5* node still gives out Thick as Thieves token to expired vault for the 3rd round.

• Bubba3210
    Bubba3210 Posts: 246 Tile Toppler
    The 5* node did the same on round two this morning.
  • bluewolf
    bluewolf Posts: 5,729 Chairperson of the Boards
    So, assuming the 5E rewards are the new normal (coming *soon*), that means that for SCL9 you need to hit it 4 times to get all 3 CP.  And you'll get an Elite for 6X instead of a Standard (which seems more than appropriate given the L515 enemies).

Which may be fine for many players, but people playing up in SCL9 might be frustrated if the total CP is backloaded more than currently (hitting 4X is definitely harder than 2X for a lot of rosters).

I'm curious if there will be an increase in overall PVE progression rewards when new rewards roll in, but require more clears for max progressions with (as we see in this node) CP pushed back further.  Possibly moving the points required to 6X from 5X, like when they moved it from 4 to 5X (back a couple years ago, the last time rewards were updated).

For high end players, who cares, right?  For players who are less interested in grinding 6X, and just want progression (either for the occasional event or just because they want to devote less time to the game) it could be frustrating.

This also would, presumably, tighten high end placement scores if more people are hitting 6X, although if they let you get there with 6 in a row (no recharge) there would probably still be a decent gap between progression and optimal scoring for placement.

But....this could also mean you couldn't skip a day of play and get max progression.  Some players take that approach, currently.

We will see how things look, I hope I'm wrong but my gut feeling is that we won't get any better rewards without some increased expectation of play.  

Enough conjecture, looking forward to solid information for what seems to be a (fairly) imminent reward update.
  • T_REZ5000
    T_REZ5000 Posts: 149 Tile Toppler
    edited February 2020
    Swapping a standard token for elite is a welcome change.  However spreading the cp out means less iso.  I’m currently sitting on 25 4*s that are covered and need iso to champ.  This reduces my incentive to join buy clubs since I can’t champ anyone I get with the CP anyhow.  In fact, I haven’t joined one in about a month now due to this iso crunch.

I remember IceIX alluding to the devs being aware of the iso crunch in a post in the champ reward changes thread.  I hope this means more iso will be weaved into the event rewards update.
  • bluewolf
    Sub 4 has the same 5E rewards....maybe this is the new normal?
  • T_REZ5000
    T_REZ5000 Posts: 149 Tile Toppler
    edited February 2020
    bluewolf said:
    Sub 4 has the same 5E rewards....maybe this is the new normal?
    Simulator has the old rewards with 140/250/500 iso, and 3 cp.  Instead of the new structure that had 3x1cp and 280 iso.  That’s 610 iso per day removed.  Hope those aren’t the final numbers or that the lost iso gets added onto progression rewards.
  • Madrox
    Madrox Posts: 10 Just Dropped In
    When will we get the remaining tokens for the sinister hp store? the event already ended.
  • bluewolf
    Madrox said:
    When will we get the remaining tokens for the sinister hp store? the event already ended.
    The event only ended, officially, about 11 hours ago as of now (don’t forget slice 5).  It might be another day or so yet. 
  • bluewolf
    It has been discovered that since the update (apparently), random daily rewards for some players (not sure how many days are required) include Mighty Tokens.
  • PiMacleod
    PiMacleod Posts: 1,769 Chairperson of the Boards
    I can confirm that personally.  I put in a blurb about it in my Shield Resupply update recently.
  • AXP_isme
    AXP_isme Posts: 809 Critical Contributor
    So when are we getting the sinister tokens we missed out on?
  • LFChikarason
    LFChikarason Posts: 401 Mover and Shaker
    AXP_isme said:
    So when are we getting the sinister tokens we missed out on?
    I'm guessing we'll get them mid day tomorrow once the Scheming Mr. Sinister store closes.I ain't cashing in the wrong tokens until I get the right ones, 
  • AXP_isme
    AXP_isme Posts: 809 Critical Contributor
    I’m seeing 1d 14h left for the Mr Sinister store so presumably Friday morning (GMT). I’m not sure I understand why the store would need to be closed before we can be refunded for a known error. 

Oh well. Ours is not to reason why...
  • MoosePrime
    MoosePrime Posts: 969 Critical Contributor
    It's not a vault, so even if the store is closed, post-event tokens will have the same odds as the live tokens.