Mineral cost to resupply units

Kinesia
Kinesia Posts: 1,621 Chairperson of the Boards
I played a bit yesterday and ended up (after a few fights) with all my units on both sides needing resupply.
I expected that in the morning they'd have resupplied and I'd have collected mineral and would get a few battles, but instead all the units were still at the same damage level, I couldn't even repair them all once. I could play one game on each side and then (while not completely broken) I still don't have enough repaired to play anymore.
Instead of a few fights on each side a day it's currently at 1 fight a day each side.

If it's going to stay at not being resupplied at all over time I'd suggested other ways too, like resupplying on level up for example, that would've helped a lot the first day.

But it's not great for a  beginning player to log back in the next day and still not be able to play. It was very against expectations.

Thanks!
Kinesia

Comments

• Kinesia
    But the fight lengths were good, things fluid and clean enough to jump in and not and not clog up new players with the depths of complexity RTS games got to in the old days.
    (I gave up the genre mostly having gotten it all out of my system 20 years ago!)

This seems good and I could get my kids into it, just needs more game play time to be available!
  • ElfNeedsFood
    ElfNeedsFood Posts: 944 Critical Contributor
    @Kinesia I feel the mineral pain too...  I was also surprised the units don't self heal.  Upgrading the mining equipment is unfortunately key...

• Kinesia
    It seems like as long as you are winning it's all good but even a single loss will totally wipe you out of the game for almost a full day.
  • Kinesia
    In terms of Game Psychology that's directly backwards. When you lose you are already inclined to drop the game and never play it again and so should be _forced_ by the game to get back on the horse. In this case the game blocks you, so most people will never ever open it up again.
  • Stalker
    Stalker Posts: 141 Tile Toppler
    JCWest said:
    Minimize battle participation to extend your cargo availability.

The game won't reset for twenty-four hours until you expend all your available cargo capabilities. Once expended, you can reset your cargo with blue diamonds, and in turn fight opponents to gain their oil and minerals once again, until reset cargo is expended. And, this in turn will allow you to upgrade, progress, and continue the fight throughout the day.

Also, focus on oil (1), mineral (2),  and generator (3) upgrades, as they are cheap and an easy way to level up. You will need these most in progressing forward. Do this until level 7. 

Good luck,
    YO, JOE!!!
    I found using the Joe medic “mastercard” or cobra medic “visa” was another way to heal and advance
  • Kinesia
    Crystals are almost the only way to upgrade the base between levels 4 and 6 since the amount of oil is way above your max capacity until after you upgrade, even if you max all the oil buildings. It probably becomes possible later, but especially at level 4 I had to wait for the ads to come around to get more crystals to go to level 5 due to not realising it earlier.
  • RickOShay
    RickOShay Posts: 452 Mover and Shaker
    For those of you who find it difficult to keep enough Minerals on hand to keep fighting, simply spend 15 Diamonds on the 30,000 Minerals (do this on Oil at least once also). Save your Diamonds only for this, and sometimes to speed up Cargo.
    Don't spend Diamonds on speeding up upgrades. You will get a lot of "Speed-Up" items to do this otherwise.
  • randomhero1090
    randomhero1090 Posts: 396 Mover and Shaker
    RickOShay said:
    For those of you who find it difficult to keep enough Minerals on hand to keep fighting, simply spend 15 Diamonds on the 30,000 Minerals (do this on Oil at least once also). Save your Diamonds only for this, and sometimes to speed up Cargo.
    Don't spend Diamonds on speeding up upgrades. You will get a lot of "Speed-Up" items to do this otherwise.
    Watch the 3 free videos each day.  That’s 75 diamonds right there.  Pretty easy.
  • RickOShay
    RickOShay Posts: 452 Mover and Shaker
    Also, when selecting battles, look for a base to attack that has a decent balance of Minerals and Oil to be rewarded. Be sure to destroy their Mineral deposit buildings to earn those rewards during the fight. 
    You may need to save up some Credits (gold) to skip opponents until you find one with good rewards.
  • wymtime
    wymtime Posts: 3,757 Chairperson of the Boards
    RickOShay said:
    Also, when selecting battles, look for a base to attack that has a decent balance of Minerals and Oil to be rewarded. Be sure to destroy their Mineral deposit buildings to earn those rewards during the fight. 
    You may need to save up some Credits (gold) to skip opponents until you find one with good rewards.
    Lol I just started the game this weekend and that skip tax feels steep right now.  I am a level 3 base and had a level 9 pop up.  I am also seeing a lot of players with 0 resources. I think this will get better when more players pick up the game.