Game repeatedly chooses weaker rostered character over stronger loaner character

JSP869
JSP869 Posts: 820 Critical Contributor
On my Alt account I have two purple covers for my Thanos. No Black covers and no Green covers, just two Purple covers. He is not leveled at all, so even though he's boosted for his PvP event he's still the same level as the loaner Thanos.
For the first seed node I chose the loaner because it has Court Death. I won that first match, began the second seed node match, downed the low level Storm, then did a double take because Court Death did not resolve.
Because even though I'd chosen the loaner character for the first match, the game had defaulted to select my Thanos for the second match.
If I've chosen the loaner character or my own character for one match, the game should NOT override my decision for subsequent matches.

Why is this still an issue after 5-6 years of PvP?

Comments

• abmoraz
    abmoraz Posts: 712 Critical Contributor
    I'll add to your frustration and say that if you have multiple characters rostered and choose the lower level one, when you come back to the node, the game will autoselect your higher level one.

Ex:
       For PvE, I run a J4gg + Grocket + level 40 G3mora (1-0-3) so that J4ggs tanks more colors (Everything but yellow).  When I beat a node and move to the next one, the game auto-selects my max-champed G3mora, which now tanks black instead of J4ggs, instead of the level 40 one I wanted. Thus making it harder to trigger 'Collateral'.  The worst part is that she is on the last screen of my 263 characters.  Since there is no scroll bar and I have to click the 'right arrow' to go through my roster 8 characters at a time, that's 31 taps just to get there, potentially ruining any speed gained by having her not tank.

• 111MCH111
    111MCH111 Posts: 116 Tile Toppler
    abmoraz said:
       For PvE, I run a J4gg + Grocket + level 40 G3mora (1-0-3) so that J4ggs tanks more colors (Everything but yellow).  When I beat a node and move to the next one, the game auto-selects my max-champed G3mora, which now tanks black instead of J4ggs, instead of the level 40 one I wanted. Thus making it harder to trigger 'Collateral'.  The worst part is that she is on the last screen of my 263 characters.  Since there is no scroll bar and I have to click the 'right arrow' to go through my roster 8 characters at a time, that's 31 taps just to get there, potentially ruining any speed gained by having her not tank.

For your problem, the best solution is to sell your high lvl G3mora, I believe that your low lvl is strong enough, even for required Char mission with G3mora.
  • abmoraz
    abmoraz Posts: 712 Critical Contributor
    111MCH111 said:
    abmoraz said:

For your problem, the best solution is to sell your high lvl G3mora, I believe that your low lvl is strong enough, even for required Char mission with G3mora.

I'm a roster completest.  Selling completed characters is only an option when I duplicate the fully completed character.

The best solution would be for the game not to switch the character I selected.
  • Orglmeister
    Orglmeister Posts: 13 Just Dropped In

Same for me. I have a max championed 3* Thanos Level 266 and another 3* Thanos with 13 Covers (12 saved) and Level 40 (not a single Iso spent).

Whenever i use the Lvl 40 Thanos in a node and then do the node again, the game automatically switches to the Lvl 266 Thanos.

Its really painful, to have to go all the way to the right every time you want to pick the lvl 40 Thanos.

• JSP869
    JSP869 Posts: 820 Critical Contributor
    Just realized that this was fixed some time in the recent past.

Thank you so much. Finally I can keep my level 40 Gamora as a partner to R4G and Juggernaut and steamroll the easy Story nodes without the game stealthily subbing in my 266 Gamora after the first clear.

Seriously. I do really appreciate that you are still working on these little quality of life improvements. I realize this was not broken, per se, but I am very glad it has now finally been fixed.

• St_Bernadus
    St_Bernadus Posts: 587 Critical Contributor
    JSP869 said:
    Just realized that this was fixed some time in the recent past.

Thank you so much. Finally I can keep my level 40 Gamora as a partner to R4G and Juggernaut and steamroll the easy Story nodes without the game stealthily subbing in my 266 Gamora after the first clear.

Seriously. I do really appreciate that you are still working on these little quality of life improvements. I realize this was not broken, per se, but I am very glad it has now finally been fixed.

I think they fixed your problem but created another:

previously when I played a duped character (I have at least 2 level 144 2 stars fr each character) it would always put in the healthiest one for the next match. Now it leaves in the one that played the last match. This is mildly annoying in Deadpool Daily, the 2-star team can handle both the wave and the 3rd node pretty handily anyway, though sometimes cascades happen and someone is hurt. It would be nice to have the previous behavior. In speed clearing PVE, Thanos and a 2 star don't hang around for long, you want it to put in the healthy one each time.