issue with iceman taking damage

Options
jredd
jredd Posts: 1,387 Chairperson of the Boards
battling prof x & iceman teams in pvp sim. i hit prof x with sabretooth's red in 2 separate matches. it only did 4 damage. i assume iceman nullified the damage, however it didn't produce a countdown tile. not sure that is working as intended.

Comments

• HoundofShadow
    HoundofShadow Posts: 8,004 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I suppose you are referring to 5* Prof X. Prof X reduces damage done to him by up to 75%. 

Were there any protect tiles on the board? 

Who is the third member of the enemy team?
  • jredd
    jredd Posts: 1,387 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I suppose you are referring to 5* Prof X. Prof X reduces damage done to him by up to 75%. 

Were there any protect tiles on the board? 

Who is the third member of the enemy team?
    75%? really? in the ability description, at 5 black it says 25% for each active x-men character. does he himself count as an x-men member? if so i guess that makes sense. the third member in both matches was non x-men, so if prof doesn't count that should have only been a 35% reduction. with okoye's boost (had 9+ ap both times i fired sabretooth's red) that should have done more than 4 damage. if iceman absorbed the damage it should have made countdown tiles.
  • HoundofShadow
    HoundofShadow Posts: 8,004 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Yes, he counts himself as an active X-Men for his passive damage reduction. If it's a non X-Men, it is 15% reduction instead. Assuming his build is X/X/5, his damage reduction is 25+25+15=65%

Iceman will prevent damage and put a cd if and only if:

1) damage threshold has been met
    2) has at least 2 or 3 teamup ap

Iceman's threshold: at least 9000.

Level 450 Okoye extra damage = 9*1321 = 11889 
    Level 270 Sabretooth each strike deals 1903+11889= 13792

Based on the above, Iceman's CD doesn't trigger and Prof X will take four strikes of 35% * 13792 = 4827

Since you mentioned that it did only 1 damage to him per strike, it led me to believe that there are strong protect tiles on the board. Beta Ray Bill (BRB), a non-X-Men comes to mind.

There are also other possibilities such as Prof X created attack tiles via his purple ability and Rescue converted them into protect tiles.

Note: My assumption is that all six characters are champed.
    If not, you have to work out the numbers yourself.

Important note
    :
    Some important information missing are:

1) what the levels of all these six characters are.
    2) who the third character of that team is.

After you try a couple of more matches and the numbers still don't seem right, note down the levels and the characters involved in those matches. Taking video of those matches is much easier and clearer though.