Throne of Eldraine vanguard release date?

Ampersand
Ampersand Posts: 206 Tile Toppler
Since the new Theros set hasn't been released in paper yet, and MtGPQ releases lag a bit behind paper releases, I'm wondering when ToE vanguards will be released? All ToE PWs have been released for cash, and there is only one exclusive mythic/rare bundle still yet to be released. I, and others, have crafted the "invisible" ToE cards that refer to Rowan vanguards, and the "invisible" cards all have the ToE set mark on the cards.

My hunch is that the Throne vanguards will be released as a cash exclusive and be bundled with these invisible cards some of us have crafted. Can D3Go or Oktagon share their plans for this? @Oktagon_Support @Brigby

Comments

• Tilwin90
    Tilwin90 Posts: 662 Critical Contributor
    I have another theory: mono-red Rowan (Rowan, Fearless Sparkmage) is the face of a planeswalker deck of Throne of Eldraine, as is another simic Oko (Oko, the Trickster). These decks also feature the following exclusives:

Garrison Griffin
    Rowan's Battleguard
    Rowan's Stalwarts
    Wind-Scarred Crag
    Oko's Accomplices
    Bramblefort Fink
    Oko's Hospitality
    Thornwood Falls

My hunch is that this is meant all to be part of a new duel decks event, except this time around the cards are meant to be standard legal. 

Of course I may end up being completely off here. After all, the last ZvE event features way more "new" cards.
  • Ampersand
    Ampersand Posts: 206 Tile Toppler
    @Tilwin90
    That makes a lot of sense, and I hope you're right!