MtGPQ falls "below the fold"

Options
ElfNeedsFood
ElfNeedsFood Posts: 944 Critical Contributor
I sure hope we don't become the new Adventure Time Puzzle Quest game...

Comments

• Kinesia
    Kinesia Posts: 1,621 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    In the Apple App Store it doesn't appear under "Magic Puzzle" search either anymore, it used to. Now it _needs_ the quest part too.

• jtwood
    jtwood Posts: 1,285 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    It was good while it lasted, y'all ;)
  • Mburn7
    Mburn7 Posts: 3,427 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    What a shame.  Such potential wasted.

There is a new MTG RPG game coming out at some point, although rumor has it it'll be an MMO so 50/50 if that'll be playable either.
  • jtwood
    jtwood Posts: 1,285 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Mburn7 said:

There is a new MTG RPG game coming out at some point, although rumor has it it'll be an MMO so 50/50 if that'll be playable either.
    I keep checking in on Valor's Reach (https://toucharcade.com/2019/03/22/valors-reach-announced/) to see if that ever started becoming more wildly available, but I think it's still only available in a couple European countries or something like that

• Mburn7
    Options
    jtwood said:
    Mburn7 said:

I keep checking in on Valor's Reach (https://toucharcade.com/2019/03/22/valors-reach-announced/) to see if that ever started becoming more wildly available, but I think it's still only available in a couple European countries or something like that

Yeah, one of my coalition mates lives in one of the random European countries and said the game was pretty meh.  Haven't heard anything new about it in months, though, so I assume the limited release isn't going super well.
  • GrizzoMtGPQ
    GrizzoMtGPQ Posts: 776 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Dang, I liked this game.
  • Volrak
    Volrak Posts: 732 Critical Contributor
    Options
    I played a couple of OGW games this morning.  Bizarrely, there was no change to the game experience, despite the fact that on the D3 forums home page, the MtGPQ forum category is now indisputably ordered 3rd.  People may have different opinions about how this can possibly be!
  • Mburn7
    Options
    Volrak said:
    I played a couple of OGW games this morning.  Bizarrely, there was no change to the game experience, despite the fact that on the D3 forums home page, the MtGPQ forum category is now indisputably ordered 3rd.  People may have different opinions about how this can possibly be!

I think its a general feeling of uneasiness with the game falling into the same banner slot as a game that was shut down combined with the general feeling of uneasiness from tons of top players leaving the game and seemingly fewer new players coming in combined with a general feeling of distrust coming from the plethora of bugs, glitches, and lag time we need to deal with every day
  • Volrak
    edited January 2020
    Options
    Mburn7 said:
    I think its a general feeling of uneasiness with the game falling into the same banner slot as a game that was shut down combined with the general feeling of uneasiness from tons of top players leaving the game and seemingly fewer new players coming in combined with a general feeling of distrust coming from the plethora of bugs, glitches, and lag time we need to deal with every day
    Plenty of valid concerns there, but the forum thing isn't one of them IMO.
    They have to put the new game forum somewhere; putting it before mtgpq (and mpq) isn't caused by any attribute of mtgpq (or mpq); nor does it affect mtgpq (or mpq) going forward.  It's literally of no consequence (though a fun way to stir up controversy, as elf has successfully done!)
    And the release of a third title has to be a good thing.  It means the studio is doing well enough to expand on output, and it's another revenue stream for them.
  • madwren
    madwren Posts: 2,227 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Mburn7 said:
    jtwood said:
    Mburn7 said:

Yeah, one of my coalition mates lives in one of the random European countries and said the game was pretty meh.  Haven't heard anything new about it in months, though, so I assume the limited release isn't going super well.
    https://www.gameinformer.com/cover-reveal/2020/01/08/cover-reveal-magic-legends

Just FYI, it's an ARPG. Diablo-esque, it seems.
  • NMANOZ1
    NMANOZ1 Posts: 108 Tile Toppler
    Options
    Volrak said:
    Mburn7 said:
    Plenty of valid concerns there, but the forum thing isn't one of them IMO.
    They have to put the new game forum somewhere; putting it before mtgpq (and mpq) isn't caused by any attribute of mtgpq (or mpq); nor does it affect mtgpq (or mpq) going forward.  It's literally of no consequence (though a fun way to stir up controversy, as elf has successfully done!)
    And the release of a third title has to be a good thing.  It means the studio is doing well enough to expand on output, and it's another revenue stream for them.
    Adventure Time would suggest a 3rd title wasn't a good thing. Question is if they hired more staff to focus on the new game or pulled staff from the other 2 games.

It could go either way. The GI Joe game bombs the same way Adventure time did and gets killed off quickly (which is more likely) or they pull their resources from MTGPQ and let it die instead. I don't see all 3 games co-existing
  • Volrak
    Options
    NMANOZ1 said:
    Adventure Time would suggest a 3rd title wasn't a good thing. Question is if they hired more staff to focus on the new game or pulled staff from the other 2 games.

It could go either way. The GI Joe game bombs the same way Adventure time did and gets killed off quickly (which is more likely) or they pull their resources from MTGPQ and let it die instead. I don't see all 3 games co-existing
    Well, maybe.  However, atpq had already been released when mtgpq started, and so D3 was publishing them (as well as mpq) simultaneously for most of mtgpq's existence.  If the addition of GI Joe exceeds some supported app limit for D3, then shouldn't atpq have caused problems for most of mtgpq's (and mpq's) life, and shouldn't there have been a significant positive effect on mtgpq (and mpq) once atpq stopped?
    It also makes sense that there's not a huge impact on mtgpq based on D3's other activities because most of the effort towards the game comes from the developer, not the publisher.  (The developers for mtgpq, atpq, mpq, and GI Joe are all different companies.)
  • Mburn7
    Options
    madwren said:
    Mburn7 said:
    jtwood said:
    Mburn7 said:

https://www.gameinformer.com/cover-reveal/2020/01/08/cover-reveal-magic-legends

Just FYI, it's an ARPG. Diablo-esque, it seems.
    I just saw that yesterday too.  Fingers crossed it'll be good then.
    There's also another MTG game tagged as "coming soon" in the Play Store.  Seems like a standard Pay-to-Win CCG style, but as always the ads aren't very clear.

Looks like MTGPQ is gonna have some serious competition for MTG-themed games coming out soon.
  • ElfNeedsFood
    ElfNeedsFood Posts: 944 Critical Contributor
    Options
    AdventureTime PQ was at the bottom of the list, although I don't think that was chronologically first?  

In any case, carry on and keep on matching!
  • FindingHeart8
    FindingHeart8 Posts: 2,730 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Glad to know this game isn't being put down yet.  'Ol yeller lives on!