New Character - **** Northstar (Classic) ****

Options

Comments

• spatenfloot
    spatenfloot Posts: 660 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Cool, some Alpha Flight. Now announce some Excalibur.
  • spidyjedi84
    spidyjedi84 Posts: 514 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Spider-Man 2099 confirmed as SHIELD Training essential, too. Glad I champed him. 
  • bluewolf
    bluewolf Posts: 5,310 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Spider-Man 2099 confirmed as SHIELD Training essential, too. Glad I champed him. 
    Sure, yes, absolutely. 

But Northstar is pretty obviously not meta or game changing. 
  • IIAlonditeII
    IIAlonditeII Posts: 150 Tile Toppler
    Options
    Am I missing something or is this guy terrible
  • spidyjedi84
    spidyjedi84 Posts: 514 Critical Contributor
    Options
    bluewolf said:
    Sure, yes, absolutely. 

But Northstar is pretty obviously not meta or game changing. 
    In the age of shards and dilution, I'm happy I have one above 270 before another character rolls in, no matter how tinykitty or meta they turn out to be.
  • HoundofShadow
    HoundofShadow Posts: 8,004 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited January 2020
    Options
    Thanks for this post. I have no idea who this guy is.

First ability is not to my liking. Damage seems to be low (1333 damage at 270) for 8 blue ap. It could be due to the ability to choose a row to destroy, to gain only yellow ap.

Edit: gains blue and black ap tol but destroyed tiles don't deal damage.

Second ability is to generate up to 5 teamup tiles on the board and a 3 turn burst heal on random ally and turn them invisible but uses 6 yellow ap.

Third ability looks new. Send himself and Target airborne for 1 turn, though Riri could do this conditionally. Destroy 2 tiles in airborne enemy's second strongest colour after they land and destroy 1 tile in target's second strongest colour. At 5 covers, destroy 3 ap.

Shield Training essentials: Vulture, Mr Fantastic and Spidey-2099.

This character requires a lot of control and planning if you are into tactical play or slow play.

In 4* land, I remember Cyclops benefits from having more teamup tiles. There might be more but Cyclop stands out for me now. 

Edit: He and Cyclops clash. Back to a white board.

How much do I want to champ him? 0/10 unless I can find some interesting use for him.

• furbear00000
    furbear00000 Posts: 188 Tile Toppler
    Options
    Where the hell are the devs/pr people? The holidays are long over and we have no official threads. We shouldn’t have to be scrounging through alternative sources to find out stuff about this game when we should be told here. 

January events thread where? Wake up ****. 
  • LFChikarason
    LFChikarason Posts: 397 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    @IceIX just posted it formatted correctly, but still with errors about if you get tokens for Infinite Pursuit or Venom Bomb. I saw this on Facebook and Twitter, but not here. I assume it's been on Discord for days
  • Vins2
    Vins2 Posts: 183 Tile Toppler
    Options
    12k health at 270 jeez that's low.  Long run, who cares, pebble in an ocean of guys just to fill a 2 week deadline, but I can think of a couple of baby champed 4s that can one shot this guy.  
  • Vhailorx
    Vhailorx Posts: 6,085 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited January 2020
    Options
    He seems meh on first read. 

I will say again: 4* tier is dead.  Good characters are buried by their predecessors.  Broken characters render almost 100 predecessors superfluous, and trash tier filler just make dilution worse.  Every new 4* is just a waste of everyone's time and money.
  • jredd
    jredd Posts: 1,387 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Vhailorx said:
    He seems meh on first read. 

I will say again: 4* tier is dead.  Good characters are buried by their predecessors.  Broken characters render almost 100 predecessors superfluous, and trash tier filler just make dilution worse.  Every new 4* is just a waste of everyone's time and money.
    they probably wont ever stop with the schedule they've established. but adding to the 3* and 5* tiers and leaving 4* alone for awhile would be a smart move.  
  • fight4thedream
    fight4thedream GLOBAL_MODERATORS Posts: 1,920 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    ***Mod note: Closing thread. Please use the official character thread. Thanks!
This discussion has been closed.