New behavior for multiple match-5's in a turn

Options
ElfNeedsFood
ElfNeedsFood Posts: 944 Critical Contributor
I've noticed this a few times now - it seems you can gain more than one additional swap if you happen to create more than one match-5 in a turn.  I've been able to pull it off and have seen Greg do it a couple of times.  It's an interesting change that I'm not sure if it's better or worse - just different...  Anyone else notice this?
Tagged:

Comments

• morgue427
    morgue427 Posts: 783 Critical Contributor
    Options
    seen greg avoid 5s and get an offcolor 4, but seems lately i have had multiple 5s in one turn, i just aint that lucky lol
  • Volrak
    Volrak Posts: 732 Critical Contributor
    Options
    It's not new (e.g. see https://forums.d3go.com/discussion/comment/888973).  Matching 5 twice in the same cascade still gives only one extra turn most of the time; it seems to give two when one of the match 5s involves a permanent support on the board.  May or may not be a bug, but it happens so rarely it's mostly just an interesting easter egg whenever it does.
  • ElfNeedsFood
    ElfNeedsFood Posts: 944 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Volrak said:
    It's not new (e.g. see https://forums.d3go.com/discussion/comment/888973).  Matching 5 twice in the same cascade still gives only one extra turn most of the time; it seems to give two when one of the match 5s involves a permanent support on the board.  May or may not be a bug, but it happens so rarely it's mostly just an interesting easter egg whenever it does.
    Inconsistency continues to be the only consistency in this game... :(
  • Volrak
    Volrak Posts: 732 Critical Contributor
    Options
    The behaviour seems pretty consistent, actually - but it's certainly obscure and unexplained.
  • jtwood
    jtwood Posts: 1,285 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Volrak said:
    The behaviour seems pretty consistent, actually - but it's certainly obscure and unexplained.

Yes to all of this. Makes you wonder if it was even intentional.
  • morgue427
    morgue427 Posts: 783 Critical Contributor
    Options
    i didnt mean to imply it happened to me, the first 5 match set up a separate 5 match for an extra turn by chance