Achieving Perfection in The Great Tournament

Options
Nalthazar
Nalthazar Posts: 136 Tile Toppler
Hey all,

I put together a guide for each node in The Great Tournament that should help people all the way from Bronze to Platinum maximize their collection to earn perfect scores, or as close as possible in The Great Tournament. I hope these help you out. I make these for almost all Coalition events, so feel free to check out my channel leading into events to get more info.

Node 1: Dream Crafting (White/Black/Blue)

Node 2: Being Inhuman (Red/Blue/Green)

Node 3: Cooking Contest (Green/Black/Blue)

Node 4: Chivalrous Tournament (Red/Black/White)

Node 5: Call to Adventure (White/Red/Green)

Comments

• Machine
    Machine Posts: 789 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Great job. However, bugs and freezes are rampant. You can have all the guides in the world, but if you get hit by one of the many bugs, all of this is useless. (Sorry, I'm a bit annoyed right now, because I lost my perfect because of the Teferi Vanguard +1 bug). Also, there are at least 5 of my team mates that have lost matches due to freezes and other bugs.
  • Stormcrow
    Stormcrow Posts: 462 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Yep. Had a hard app crash last night, picked it up this morning and immediately got a soft lock 3 turns into my first match. I remain of the opinion that shooting for a perfect score, or even being seriously competitive about this app at all, is a fool's errand.
  • Nalthazar
    Options
    Machine said:
    Great job. However, bugs and freezes are rampant. You can have all the guides in the world, but if you get hit by one of the many bugs, all of this is useless. (Sorry, I'm a bit annoyed right now, because I lost my perfect because of the Teferi Vanguard +1 bug). Also, there are at least 5 of my team mates that have lost matches due to freezes and other bugs.
    Stormcrow said:
    Yep. Had a hard app crash last night, picked it up this morning and immediately got a soft lock 3 turns into my first match. I remain of the opinion that shooting for a perfect score, or even being seriously competitive about this app at all, is a fool's errand.
    I feel both of your pain there. I really do. Many of my coalition mates have experienced crashes too. I do my best to test my decks all out to ensure they won't crash before events. I experience crashes in events very rarely. At most 2 Coalition events per year I experience crashes. I get a lot more of them in the Training Grounds when I test things out though. Part of my making the guides is to help people make decks that ideally are bug free. Of this round of decks, the only crash in any of my decks is if you get too many Urza stacks down and it tries to convert more gems than are possible. Both decks are designed to win before that, and usually I include nothing that even COULD crash. Good luck next time!
  • Horadrim
    Horadrim Posts: 124 Tile Toppler
    edited January 2020
    Options
    Nalthazar said:
    Part of my making the guides is to help people make decks that ideally are bug free. Of this round of decks, the only crash in any of my decks is if you get too many Urza stacks down and it tries to convert more gems than are possible. Both decks are designed to win before that, and usually I include nothing that even COULD crash. Good luck next time!
    Well, that is the side you can control.... your side. I'm pretty sure majority of players in platinum test out their decks in TG and check out coalition discussions or forum bugs section before building their decks. The one you cannot control, however, is the AI side. I still remember reporting those players using sphinx decree when it was bugged. It is very unfair that you prepared your deck, but the AI prevents you from winning because of those bugs.
  • Nalthazar
    Options
    Horadrim said:
    Nalthazar said:
    Part of my making the guides is to help people make decks that ideally are bug free. Of this round of decks, the only crash in any of my decks is if you get too many Urza stacks down and it tries to convert more gems than are possible. Both decks are designed to win before that, and usually I include nothing that even COULD crash. Good luck next time!
    Well, that is the side you can control.... your side. I'm pretty sure majority of players in platinum test out their decks in TG and check out coalition discussions or forum bugs section before building their decks. The one you cannot control, however, is the AI side. I still remember reporting those players using sphinx decree when it was bugged. It is very unfair that you prepared your deck, but the AI prevents you from winning because of those bugs.
    Very true. I have been lucky and never been the victim of something like that (knock on wood). Something to be mindful of when reporting people for taking advantage of bugs is that events don't only pull from the current pool of people playing. I have seen many events pull decks from my coalition mates who aren't even playing. It takes a deck they used in a previous version of the event. Not all of the decks you are playing against are designed to be played during that running of the event. 
  • madwren
    madwren Posts: 2,227 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I pretty regularly scout the bug forum and test my decks, but even then freezes happen if you happen to miss one. That's the frustrating thing--there are so many bugs that it's hard to keep up on them. 

My freeze was using vTeferi's +1 when I had moved an Adventure into the first card slot. Instant soft lock. Guess what, his +1 doesn't like flip cards. Must have missed the memo on that one.
  • Volrak
    Volrak Posts: 732 Critical Contributor
    Options
    madwren said:
    My freeze was using vTeferi's +1 when I had moved an Adventure into the first card slot. Instant soft lock. Guess what, his +1 doesn't like flip cards. Must have missed the memo on that one.
    As far as I can tell, that particular bug is still flying under the radar for the devs, even though it's game-breaking and widespread.  Best way I can tell to raise its profile is just keep posting about it in its bug thread: https://forums.d3go.com/discussion/80877/bug-tdw
  • madwren
    madwren Posts: 2,227 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Volrak said:
    madwren said:
    As far as I can tell, that particular bug is still flying under the radar for the devs, even though it's game-breaking and widespread.  Best way I can tell to raise its profile is just keep posting about it in its bug thread: https://forums.d3go.com/discussion/80877/bug-tdw
    Looks like you really pinned it down in that thread; makes sense. Let's hope their "investigating" response bears fruit soon.