Keep pulling to finish 5Carnage or save for next hoard?

Options
tonypq
tonypq Posts: 549 Critical Contributor
Based on the info below, would you keep pulling to finish 5Carnage or save my CPs towards my next hoard ?

I opened part of my stash tonight. Not the best 5* draw rate but was able to fully cover 5Prof which was what I really wanted to do and fully covered Beta Ray. 5Carnage I didn't have so much luck, pulled 5 blacks, 3 red, 0 greens. I'm left with enough CPs for about 98 pulls in LL.

Can't decide at this point with 8 Carnage covers to keep pulling and try to finish him or save my CPs towards building another stash. On one hand 5Carnage isnt all that amazing, maybe I should feel thrilled I fully covered 5Prof and BRB with CPs to spare. Not sure how often I'd use Carnage, my fully covered champed 5s are now CM, GED, Hela, Thanos, Prof, Beta Ray. Some seem to think Carnage makes a good partner with Beta Ray. 

As far as my 5* roster development goes, my Kitty only has 3 covers, Thor 2 and Okoye 3. My next most covered 5s are OML 11, Ironman 9, Panther 10. Then I have almost every other 5* between 1-6 covers  I don't PVP much, mostly just clear PVE by the way.

Comments

• helix72
    helix72 Posts: 991 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Build another stash. If you get the average with those 98 pulls, your Carnage will be 1/4/5 with 1 saved cover, and he isn’t even that good. Not worth it IMHO. Start saving for a Kitty or Okoye vault.
  • Vhailorx
    Vhailorx Posts: 6,085 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Your first set of pulls was near ideal.  The two good characters covered with CP to spare.  Don't overthink it.  Start hoarding again and count your blessings.
  • Daredevil217
    Daredevil217 Posts: 3,913 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I agree with everyone else. Besides you have Hela fully covered and she has complete color overlap with Carbage but is a much much better character. You would probably use her way more. 
  • MegaBee
    MegaBee Posts: 982 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Carnage isn't worth it.
  • tupacboy
    tupacboy Posts: 125 Tile Toppler
    Options
    Hoard.... 
  • GrimSkald
    GrimSkald Posts: 2,490 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    You've got the character who's leaving Latest fully covered - there's really no point in spending more from the current hoard unless you want more Prof X levels.  Unless you can get him noticeably above 460, I don't think that will make a difference.  Even then - he doesn't have much in the way of HP.  Extra levels for 5*s is of limited value, i think.

Even if you want to fully cover Carnage (which is arguable, as everyone says, he's not that good,) you'll still have the next cycle - in the course of getting some covers for the new guy you'll probably end up with a few Carnage.  It depends on your approach, and how much you want for the upcoming 5*s.  As others say, you probably want to focus on the top tier of the 5*s in hopes of falling into a good PVP team - Kitty compliments BRB, Okoye and Thor are just plain good (particularly for hopping,) and Okoye combines well with Prof X to boot.

Wait to see how the next guy is, then decide what to do.  There's no advantage in spending from your hoard now as opposed to one to three weeks from now - BRB's boost is expiring today, I think.
  • Vins2
    Vins2 Posts: 183 Tile Toppler
    Options
    Kitty, Carbage, BRB is a really annoying team to fight against in Shield sim.  Without Kitty, I don't know how viable they'd be defensively.  But the slowness of the fight due to passive/banner spam is a big factor for defense, and that's all just Carnage and BRB.
  • Vhailorx
    Vhailorx Posts: 6,085 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited January 2020
    Options
    Vins2 said:
    Kitty, Carbage, BRB is a really annoying team to fight against in Shield sim.  Without Kitty, I don't know how viable they'd be defensively.  But the slowness of the fight due to passive/banner spam is a big factor for defense, and that's all just Carnage and BRB.
    But is it harder to fight than BRB/kitty/bishop?  Even without strikes from grocket, bishop makes a ton of blue to fuel Bill's best power.  And if you don't clear the protects quickly, you will have a hell of a time hurting that team.
  • bluewolf
    bluewolf Posts: 5,294 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited January 2020
    Options
    Vhailorx said:
    Vins2 said:
    But is it harder to fight than BRB/kitty/bishop?  Even without strikes from grocket, bishop makes a ton of blue to fuel Bill's best power.  And if you don't clear the protects quickly, you will have a hell of a time hurting that team.
    Pick your texture, they both taste like garbage.  One is creamy and one is crunchy.

I'm really getting tired of the super-annoying defensive meta teams.

But completely skipping Carbage could be a mistake.
  • Borstock
    Borstock Posts: 2,546 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    bluewolf said:
    Vhailorx said:
    Vins2 said:
    Pick your texture, they both taste like garbage.  One is creamy and one is crunchy.

I'm really getting tired of the super-annoying defensive meta teams.

But completely skipping Carbage could be a mistake.
    Annoying is defense in MPQ. Remember Mr. Cardusa, before you could turn off animations? That was the first legit defensive team I can remember that didn't involve a totally broken character.