a boss battle for the holidays

Options
jackpool1979
jackpool1979 Posts: 9 Just Dropped In
I imagined that for the holidays, given the commitments that each of us has, you would have put a boss.  And instead, with much regret, put a seven-day pve, shame.

Comments

• tiomono
    tiomono Posts: 1,654 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Not everyone has the same commitments this time of year. I personally dislike boss events quite a bit and actually enjoy 7 day events. 
  • Ugh
    Ugh Posts: 83 Match Maker
    Options
    I'll take a 7 day event of a super repetitive boss with the broken minion scaling any day
  • fuzzy_cracks
    fuzzy_cracks Posts: 36 Just Dropped In
    edited December 2019
    Options
    tiomono said:
    Not everyone has the same commitments this time of year. I personally dislike boss events quite a bit and actually enjoy 7 day events. 
    I agree. Boss events are the pits around this time of the year. I don’t mind the 7 day story event. I just wish they started it at the beginning of the month. And maybe have two 7 day story event in this month.
  • shardwick
    shardwick Posts: 2,121 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    You know what they could have done? Run the Gauntlet with double iso. Then people could just knock it out when they have some downtime. For a boss fight they could have done Thanos but change the gem stones into Christmas lights.
  • Tony_Foot
    Tony_Foot Posts: 1,707 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    The Spider-Man boss battle would have been fine. It only takes 2 and a bit refreshes.
  • DAZ0273
    DAZ0273 Posts: 9,615 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I started off enthuisastic for this event but have discovered that I am now quite bored with it. I was busy yesterday which didn't help and so I have lost a days progress and will lose more today but Enemy of the State aside I think I don't really miss 7 Day events.
  • bluewolf
    bluewolf Posts: 5,293 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    DAZ0273 said:
    I started off enthuisastic for this event but have discovered that I am now quite bored with it. I was busy yesterday which didn't help and so I have lost a days progress and will lose more today but Enemy of the State aside I think I don't really miss 7 Day events.
    And now you see why the devs don't run them much.  Once you miss out on a day or clear you are likely locked out of placement for several days (if that was your goal) so now you can take it easy if you want, since progression only requires about 4 days of play.  Engagement drops on 7 day PVEs.

It doesn't help that placement cover rewards aren't doubled except for T10 people who get 2 LTs.

It's been literally a year since they ran this event.  I think they only do one now since they are out of the office for over a week, and it cuts workload to prep a 7 day vs 2 normal PVEs.

In terms of a boss or this, if you accept progression as good enough you can have a few days off, which I assume was kind of the reason for wanting a boss event instead.
  • DAZ0273
    DAZ0273 Posts: 9,615 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    bluewolf said:
    DAZ0273 said:
    And now you see why the devs don't run them much.  Once you miss out on a day or clear you are likely locked out of placement for several days (if that was your goal) so now you can take it easy if you want, since progression only requires about 4 days of play.  Engagement drops on 7 day PVEs.

It doesn't help that placement cover rewards aren't doubled except for T10 people who get 2 LTs.

It's been literally a year since they ran this event.  I think they only do one now since they are out of the office for over a week, and it cuts workload to prep a 7 day vs 2 normal PVEs.

In terms of a boss or this, if you accept progression as good enough you can have a few days off, which I assume was kind of the reason for wanting a boss event instead.

When I first started playing 7 day events were pretty regular and so I accepted them as the norm but otherwise you are right - IRL stuff meant I couldn't do clears and now I have no intention of putting much effort into the rest of this beyond having fun murdering the 5E with a fully covered Cable and bagging whatever is on the low hanging tree branches.