Stop adding stun immunity to event opponents!!!

Options
Rhipf
Rhipf Posts: 294 Mover and Shaker
Why was stun immunity added to all the opponents in Festival of Fights? It's bad enough when immunity is added to bosses in PvE that don't usually have stun immunity. Adding stun immunity to a PvP event is just crazy.

Comments

• Vins2
    Vins2 Posts: 183 Tile Toppler
    Options
    Or just fix Bishop. Imagine having to buff everyone with stun immunity to negate the overuse of one 4*
  • Southside84
    Southside84 Posts: 93 Match Maker
    Options
    It wouldn't just be bishop.   Any 4 turn stun (witch, iceman to name a few) would be pretty much an instant win once you got their stun off.
  • MojoWild
    MojoWild Posts: 765 Critical Contributor
    Options
    I loved Festival of Fights! And with the propensity for more cascades with 5 matches, Jean Grey would have been pretty formidable if stuns had been left in. At first I wasn't excited about not having stuns but after playing a while, I could see the reasoning for that decision.
  • tupacboy
    tupacboy Posts: 125 Tile Toppler
    Options
    Stun immunity was the best thing implemented for a 1v1 event
    X2
  • ThaRoadWarrior
    ThaRoadWarrior Posts: 9,166 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited December 2019
    Options
    It hamstrung a few otherwise strong characters (5* Iceman, G4mora) on my roster, but generally speaking I found it really refreshing to not get stunlocked.
  • TPF Alexis
    TPF Alexis Posts: 3,826 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    At least they didn't use the "Immune to Stunned" wording. That phrasing just feels fundamentally wrong to me.
  • maguirenumber6
    maguirenumber6 Posts: 457 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Why not have something different? Regular PvP is stale and boring. Festival of Fights is the first PvP event I've enjoyed in a very long time.
  • grumbLEGO
    grumbLEGO Posts: 119 Tile Toppler
    Options
    tupacboy said:
    Stun immunity was the best thing implemented for a 1v1 event
    X2
    X3
  • Godzillafan67
    Godzillafan67 Posts: 505 Critical Contributor
    Options
    I don’t mind if my opponent is immune to stunned just so long as my opponent isn’t in turn able to stun me (applies to 1v1 pve obviously). As it is, stunning is way powerful when you’re facing a sole enemy.
  • Trilateralus
    Trilateralus Posts: 251 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    I liked taking advantage of the fact that there was no airborne immunity. While not strictly as good as stunning having a few turns to gather AP/disrupt the board is huge in some matches. 
  • Phumade
    Phumade Posts: 2,477 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I don’t mind if my opponent is immune to stunned just so long as my opponent isn’t in turn able to stun me (applies to 1v1 pve obviously). As it is, stunning is way powerful when you’re facing a sole enemy.
    I agree with this in a live opponent situation.  But the game ai decides on powers and match choices in a fairly limited predictable manner.  So the live player really isn’t disadvantaged to the ai.

overall I thought it was a fun event that prioritize d different chars.