Family Legends store is up

LavaManLee
LavaManLee Posts: 1,246 Chairperson of the Boards
edited December 2019 in MPQ General Discussion
A little confused with the new store that is in game now for the next 13 days:

* 5*X is in there.  Yet he is still in LL.  Not sure what advantage this provides.
* JJ seems to be in almost every third special store.  Would love to see someone else.
* 5BeardCap is, IMHO, a below average 5* so can't see him being popular with anyone spending CP.

To top it off, not sure why this is a "Family" named store as I don't see much familial about the three of them.

Anyways, just thought it was an odd store with an odd name coming out at an odd time (5X still in LL).

Comments

• bluewolf
    bluewolf Posts: 5,244 Chairperson of the Boards
    The Professor is weird.

There are also weighted odds on 12 4's.

Worthy
    Dazzler
    Gamora
    4Torch
    Cage
    Magik
    Medusa
    Prowler
    Riri
    Spidey 2099
    4Thanos
    Venom (not Agent)

I can see some (?) familial relationships like JJ/Cage....Gamora/Thanos.....Prowler (Miles).....Magik (Colossus)....but then you have 2099 and Riri and 4Torch. Cap doesn't really have any relatives either.  And Dazzler?  I dunno.

Probably they wanted to put in newer people to help out players who need more covers?  It's not that bad of a group although Venom is very meh.

Some stores don't make total sense.
  • Vhailorx
    Vhailorx Posts: 6,085 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited December 2019
    This seems like a reasonably worthwhile special store.  Prof X and JJ both seems like very good second tier 5*s (both just behind the meta), and beard'cap is a bettet-than-trash 3rd wheel.  He has some unique abilities that have niche uses (e.g. boss fights).

It's not okoye/Thor/kitty.  But what is?
  • turbomoose
    turbomoose Posts: 764 Critical Contributor
    I only want covers for JJ as I somehow have X fully covered and waiting to be champed 
  • tonypq
    tonypq Posts: 549 Critical Contributor
    edited December 2019
    Was hoping we'd get a store at some point with 5ProfX, Kitty, and a decent third. I guess with him being in LL and the current store, that's not likely going to happen any time soon.
  • helix72
    helix72 Posts: 991 Critical Contributor
    I'd settle for another Kitty store: 2/3/3 with a 5232 CP hoard just waiting for my first 5* fully champed...
  • DAZ0273
    DAZ0273 Posts: 9,572 Chairperson of the Boards
    Chucked 150 CP at JJ and Chuck, the store chucked all 4* back at me. I did my luck in latest for this week I guess.
  • Vhailorx
    Vhailorx Posts: 6,085 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited January 2020
    Finally put some CP into this store.

1125cp  (so 45 pulls)

10x 5* covers (22.2%)

6x lumbercap (now 4/6/3, will be champed with 4 more winter solider covers)

2x JJ (finally Champed! at lvl 454)

2x Prof X

Also got:

2x worrhy
    2x Juggs
    1x modok
    2x bishop
    Several each for riri, Carol, and gamora, among my highest 4* champs.

Overall I am fairly pleased.  I would obviously have preferred more Prof x covers.  But getting 2x decent or better 5*s effectively champed is worthwhile, especially at an above-average drop rate.  Getting a decent number of useful 4* covers is also useful.

Back to hoarding in my attempt to get BRB covered with LTs.