Why is Globe Trotting repeatable?

Options
Rhipf
Rhipf Posts: 294 Mover and Shaker
I just realized that each node of the Globe Trotting event is repeatable (ya I'm slow on the uptake). What is the point of having these repeatable? You can't get any extra rewards for the nodes and you only need to do the nodes once to get full progression.
Is it repeatable just so you can try other team combinations (assuming anyone would want to do that)?

Comments

• Vhailorx
    Vhailorx Posts: 6,085 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Hey, it's great to have an unlocked note to repeat at leisure.  No pressure, just try whatever teams you want.
  • shardwick
    shardwick Posts: 2,121 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    It's like an unofficial training mode. It's a shame that the nodes on the Prologue are locked because that would be a good way to test out new characters and team combinations.
  • bluewolf
    bluewolf Posts: 5,295 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Some players enjoy trying new things or just messing around with suboptimal teams without being worried about time.  Obviously if you aren't interested in that, just ignore it and do other stuff.

Every untimed event, I ask them to consider making the nodes repeatable.  Usually they are completely locked out after you clear them.

(Note that normal PVE nodes are playable after all the rewards are collected; in fact, top placement requires it.)

I hope that they keep this going moving forwards.  ST is set up this way too, but the roster gating means many people just hate the event.
  • havayoth
    havayoth Posts: 17 Just Dropped In
    Options
    Must repetable because i played 11 days and then my account broken waiting for fix to complete 😁
  • Borstock
    Borstock Posts: 2,546 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    jp1 said:
    I wish they had a real simulator mode. It would be great to choose your 3 opponents and then your own team and practice. No points or rewards necessary, just a playground.
    Been asking for this for years (not that I'm the only one, of course).
  • Rhipf
    Rhipf Posts: 294 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    I didn't realize there was a desire for repeatable content just for playing around. I guess this is a good feature to add then (at least for some players).
  • grumbLEGO
    grumbLEGO Posts: 119 Tile Toppler
    Options
    I’m just trying to figure out how I finished the last node at a rank of 7 and hit max points along with everyone else but over the last 48 hours moved up to 5th. It’s not that it matters just weird that my rank would go up when there’s no way to get any more points or to lose any. Anyone else seeing this?