So what shall I do?

grunth13
grunth13 Posts: 608 Critical Contributor
edited December 2019 in MPQ General Discussion
I know this is a problem for very few people,  but it's a problem that needs to be discussed.   With the recent retroactive shard drop,  and more and more people unloading hoards to have level 550s characters,  what are we to do with these shards on our 550?  Remember,  shards weren't supposed to be worse or wasted,  etc, but that is exactly what's happening.   My level 550 iceman and professor x have 3000 and 2500 shards respectively.   That's 6 and 5 covers worth.   Before, I would have been able to get those covers exchanged for other latest 5s, but since shards are not covers,  I CAN'T even recruit the shards to even ask for that.   Meaning since I have already passed the 1 cover mark on my duplicate 4 star iceman and professor x, I will have to wait until my current duplicates become level 370, sell it,  get another cover so that i can finally recruit the 4 star,  then build that one up,  champ it,  and get it to level 280 to get the 5 star cover before I can use the shards for my 5 star.   That also means my covers that could actually have helped me level another 5 star with swaps have been wasted because by the time all this happens iceman and professor x will be in classic token dilution hell.   So again,  I ask,  so what shall I do?  Is this intended.   Is every new update going to screw the group that spends the most money on this game? 

Comments

• MoosePrime
    MoosePrime Posts: 946 Critical Contributor
    edited December 2019
    You can recruit a character again using shards.  There's a button on the "Stat and More" panel, at the bottom, to use shards to recruit a dupe.
  • grunth13
    grunth13 Posts: 608 Critical Contributor
    You can recruit a character again using shards.  There's a button on the "Stat and More" panel, at the bottom, to use shards to recruit a dupe.

You my friend are a prince among thieves.  Thank you.
  • Vhailorx
    Vhailorx Posts: 6,085 Chairperson of the Boards
    Hmm, so another benefit of shards (for demi/d3) is that they no longer have to do CS swaps for excess covers?  Sneaky!