Hey D3 - I'd Buy the Bundle If I Could Move My Shards

chamber44
chamber44 Posts: 324 Mover and Shaker
edited December 2019 in MPQ General Discussion
So my WorthyCap is champed, but my Juggs is 3/3/5 with 239 shards and my Miguel is 1/2/2. That being said, the bundle would be worth it to me if i could move those 239 shards somewhere else. I know the shards aren't "wasted" but since i'd immediately change my Targeted Hero to someone else, they might sit there at 239 for a year before I added more. They have got to come up with a way to move these around for these situations. 

Comments

• spidyjedi84
    spidyjedi84 Posts: 514 Critical Contributor
    They aren't wasted. They're just not at a full additional champ level at the moment. They could be in a little bit. I'm in a similar boat with 3 star Human Torch being the reward from PVP. My Torch currently sits at 262, with roughly 266 shards. Knowing I'll place top 50, that gives me three covers for him, and then three covers for progression from the next event. Chances are I'll be spending those shards on making a cover for a dupe and transitioning my targeted hero to Bullseye. 
  • shardwick
    shardwick Posts: 2,121 Chairperson of the Boards
    I mean Miguel is solid but he's no Juggs. Juggs completely changes the game for pvp and pve. Miguel is a fun character to play when he's boosted but outside of that I pretty much never use him. Plus, you only need 161 more shards to get another cover for Juggs. It's not like you have an extra 2 shards for a champed character that doesn't have a 3* feeding them. If the bundle interests you anyway then I'd grab it.
  • Vhailorx
    Vhailorx Posts: 6,085 Chairperson of the Boards
    They aren't wasted insofar as they disappear; they are wasted in that they are an opportunity cost that cannot ever be recouped without further resource investment.
  • Vhailorx
    Vhailorx Posts: 6,085 Chairperson of the Boards
    And, does Juggs really change things for 5* players?  He is clearly great for 4* rosters.  But his value seems capped to me, as is true of almost any character that needs to be in front to work properly, isn't a 5* with high match damage.
  • helix72
    helix72 Posts: 991 Critical Contributor
    Juggs + Gritty is my new go-to PvE team. Slower than Gritty + Thanos for sure but also uses fewer health packs.
  • JHawkInc
    JHawkInc Posts: 2,601 Chairperson of the Boards
    Vhailorx said:
    They aren't wasted insofar as they disappear; they are wasted in that they are an opportunity cost that cannot ever be recouped without further resource investment.

Crazy thought. They could fix this without touching shards at all.

What if they made further levels more desirable?

I mean, it takes 113 covers to max-champ a character, but people are talking like having a character with 13 and some shards leftover means the shards are useless and wasted, because the game centers more around getting characters champed than it does getting them beyond that.

If leveling beyond champs was more necessary to advance within the game (say, to new SCL levels), and it didn't take so long as to feel like an unobtainable goal, maybe those shards would feel less "wasted." Because pulling a 13th cover doesn't make them "useless", it just shifts them from "shards needed to champ" to "shards needed to reach the next post-champ level benchmark" for advancing to a new difficulty. Or something.

The more I think about it, the more I think it would take an overhaul of the game to a significant degree (like, something you save for MPQ 2.0 because it's too significant a change to put over the current MPQ format). But it still makes you think.
  • randomhero1090
    randomhero1090 Posts: 396 Mover and Shaker
    @chamber44

I wouldn't worry about the shards.  Buy the bundle, champ Juggs.  He is awesome.  I know it seems like a "waste" of shards but Juggs has a feeder so you will get MORE shards towards Juggs anyway.
  • shardwick
    shardwick said:
    I mean Miguel is solid but he's no Juggs. Juggs completely changes the game for pvp and pve. Miguel is a fun character to play when he's boosted but outside of that I pretty much never use him. Plus, you only need 161 more shards to get another cover for Juggs. It's not like you have an extra 2 shards for a champed character that doesn't have a 3* feeding them. If the bundle interests you anyway then I'd grab it.
    Have you run Miguel with any of the other 4* spiders for all the web tile shenanigans that I am expecting would happen? If so, what were your thoughts?
    Yeah, I played with him a bit in Shield Sim after I champed him. I think I did Miguel, Miles and Iron Spidey. Lots of web tiles and ap generated and pretty fun overall. I've been on the other side too though and completely sliced through them with Gritty and Juggs. 
  • spidyjedi84
    spidyjedi84 Posts: 514 Critical Contributor
    Really got to go with Miguel, Gwen and Miles. The healing factor alone makes most fights a neutral outcome, paired with the red and purple nukes. Miguels AOE damage on matching Blue and Black also really helps the team thrive. Compared with Juggs, though, who is a hot knife through butter of many 4 star teams, Miguel's covers are just a bonus in this pack.
  • shardwick
    shardwick said:
    shardwick said:
    Have you run Miguel with any of the other 4* spiders for all the web tile shenanigans that I am expecting would happen? If so, what were your thoughts?
    Yeah, I played with him a bit in Shield Sim after I champed him. I think I did Miguel, Miles and Iron Spidey. Lots of web tiles and ap generated and pretty fun overall. I've been on the other side too though and completely sliced through them with Gritty and Juggs. 
    Thanks dude good to know. That exact team you list was a team I had planned to defeat the juggritty meta.

Back to the drawing board it would seem!
    Well, if you want a Juggs counter then Bishop is probably your best bet right now. For the Gritty part of that you could bring along Rocket and Medusa. Stun Juggs, match away enemy strikes and hope that you get more blue for your next stun or purple to flip tiles, take out Juggs, stun Kitty and then take her out and deny green for Rocket's aoe.