900% bonus on ISO Sale

Options
KGB
KGB Posts: 2,940 Chairperson of the Boards
edited December 2019 in MPQ General Discussion
A stark nets you 780K ISO!

Not that I'm buying it (I'm essentially post ISO), but at least at this bonus level it's somewhat of a realistic purchase.

Guessing D3 is finally figuring out that no one is buying ISO. Of course the cynic in me also says that D3 figured that now's the time to hit the players with a deal like this right after they are all flush with covers from the shard bonanza :D

KGB

Comments

• HoundofShadow
    HoundofShadow Posts: 8,004 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    That explains the comment by the dev (not exact wording): iso-8 is a conversation for another day.

And this is the day.  :D
  • abenness
    abenness Posts: 228 Tile Toppler
    Options
    I need 15.5 million iso to champ my remaining 4*.  Instead of buying that amount of iso, I could have a week-long holiday in Bali for 2.  Guess which my partner would prefer?
  • supergarv
    supergarv Posts: 408 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    At 9000% bonus I would start to think about it.
  • Markot
    Markot Posts: 84 Match Maker
    Options
    If it was 900% (or at least 300%) bonus on HP, I would buy some :p
  • pheregas
    pheregas Posts: 1,721 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Can I trade some of my extra iso for Cash?

Or maybe HP?  ;)

• jp1
    jp1 Posts: 1,069 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    It’s insane that this is still not a good deal. 
  • Vhailorx
    Vhailorx Posts: 6,085 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited December 2019
    Options
    KGB said:

Not that I'm buying it (I'm essentially post ISO), but at least at this bonus level it's somewhat of a realistic purchase.

Guessing D3 is finally figuring out that no one is buying ISO. Of course the cynic in me also says that D3 figured that now's the time to hit the players with a deal like this right after they are all flush with covers from the shard bonanza :D

KGB

The sad truth is that if no one was buying iso, demi would have fiddled with the price more over the years.  Someone must be buying the stuff.

What I wonder is whether, even at 1/10th the cost, it is ever worth buying iso?  They have done a lot to ease the pain of expiring covers.  So is there ever a scenario where spending $50 to champ a 5* (or multiple 4*s) *right now* is worth it!

Also, it really does say something about the cost of iso that Demi is offering 10x the standard quantity and none of the vets seem particularly enthusiastic.
  • bluewolf
    bluewolf Posts: 5,305 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited December 2019
    Options
    Vhailorx said:
    KGB said:

KGB

The sad truth is that if no one was buying iso, demi would have fiddled with the price more over the years.  Someone must be buying the stuff.

What I wonder is whether, even at 1/10th the cost, it is ever worth buying iso?  They have done a lot to ease the pain of expiring covers.  So is there ever a scenario where spending $50 to champ a 5* (or multiple 4*s) *right now* is worth it!

Also, it really does say something about the cost of iso that Demi is offering 10x the standard quantity and none of the vets seem particularly enthusiastic.
    I assume someone buying iso occasionally, because it's still for sale in a mobile game, where you want to optimize your UI and limited space.

But the fact is that the devs are very, very predictable in all sorts of ways.  Some are saying shards are "agile development" but the fact is that they hit on some price point for a bundle and just do that for a very long time.

They honestly should have been tweaking the iso amounts in the store up on a continual basis.  I estimate that the normal prices have been the same for about 5 years, which is basically before 5's existed and when there were maybe a couple 4's in the game.  When the top characters were 3's, 78 K for $99.99 was maybe a reasonable amount?  Maybe?  But they added a lot of iso to rewards and it's been laughable for years, and now you want to champ 4's and 5's where 78K is a fraction of the needed amount.

If they were better at/more willing to tweak things on an ongoing basis, you would think they would have been inflating the iso amounts all along.  The bare minimum iso you should be getting for a Mother lode should be enough to champ a 4 at this point.  

Or just stop selling iso in the store and put more in the game since the HP/slot and cover hurdles already represent the major pain points in the game.  Newer people become "post-iso" when they can't get enough covers for 4's (thanks to dilution) to champ them as it is.
  • jp1
    jp1 Posts: 1,069 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    If they sold somewhere in the ballpark of 1.5 to 2 million ISO for $100 I would be on board most likely for the occasional purchase.

That would at least allow some worthwhile progress to your roster. Even at those prices I would need to spend a thousand bucks just to get caught up on covered characters. Forget about getting ahead of the release curve. 

With BH gone it will probably take so long to cover new characters that the issue will slowly resolve in a completely stagnant roster. They should really hire a consultant if they want to maintain a realistic and sustainable in game economy. This is the biggest flaw in the game right now, in my opinion.
  • Dogface
    Dogface Posts: 974 Critical Contributor
    Options
    I just checked. I have 55 characters that need ISO, and that's without my 2*/3* farm. Not going to count it all, but my guesstimate is a couple of million ISO needed. 5* alone are gonna cost me 5 million.
  • crackninja
    crackninja Posts: 444 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    This price seems justifiable at least...for $100 one could almost fully level a 4* and a 5*.
    The thing about iso is there's always more, so easily obtainable.  HP's are almost completely capped (you could get a very small amount by farming 2's from endless pvp), but iso you just have to be patient.  So it's just a different type of commodity.
  • skittledaddy
    skittledaddy Posts: 973 Critical Contributor
    Options
    How convenient that they also JUST released the roster filter that shows/reminds you just how many of your chars could be leveled up if you only had more available iso-8...

[/sarcasm]
  • KGB
    edited December 2019
    Options
    The question of whether this is 'worth it' can only be answered on an individual basis obviously.

$100 is less than 2 hrs of my time. To earn 780K ISO would probably take me playing at least 2 hrs a day for a month (earn 26K a day for 30 days) or 60 hours. Technically, that's a great deal for me since it would free up 58 hrs to do something else (earn more money at my 'real' job, finish another game entirely, spend time with family etc).

In other words this type of deal is geared for people with lots of cash and not a lot of time to play but want to advance a couple of meta characters.

KGB
  • tupacboy
    tupacboy Posts: 125 Tile Toppler
    Options
    At least it wasn't a red iso sale.... 
  • bluewolf
    bluewolf Posts: 5,305 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited December 2019
    Options
    KGB said:
    The question of whether this is 'worth it' can only be answered on an individual basis obviously.

$100 is less than 2 hrs of my time. To earn 780K ISO would probably take me playing at least 2 hrs a day for a month (earn 26K a day for 30 days) or 60 hours. Technically, that's a great deal for me since it would free up 58 hrs to do something else (earn more money at my 'real' job, finish another game entirely, spend time with family etc).

In other words this type of deal is geared for people with lots of cash and not a lot of time to play but want to advance a couple of meta characters.

KGB
    The only problem with this example is that iso is what you get on the way to the stuff you want (CP, tokens, covers).
    Other than maybe LRs few people are playing events specifically for iso.

Maybe there are players who chase iso but I feel like the real carrots are other resources.

So unless you're whaling covers but grinding iso, or uninterested in the current in-game rewards, but would play just for iso, buying it isn't saving you time.
  • KGB
    Options
    bluewolf said:

Maybe there are players who chase iso but I feel like the real carrots are other resources.

So unless you're whaling covers but grinding iso, or uninterested in the current in-game rewards, but would play just for iso, buying it isn't saving you time.
    I see this thread (and many others) are full of players who talk of having 15+ million ISO deficits. When you get deficits that large you've managed to get WAY ahead in covers (spending, joining top alliances or other means).

Those players are now essentially chasing/grinding ISO since they already have the other resources (fully covered characters ready to champ and/or max champ in the case of fully flipping 3* farms) that you are talking about (minus maybe 5* covers).

I would hardly recommend buying ISO to champ Emma, but if you are making the 4* leap and suddenly had enough covers from shardmas to champ meta characters like Grocket/Juggs etc it would be a massive time saver in PvE to finish clears in 20 minutes vs 40 plus using 3* characters. The same goes for making the 5* leap if you drew enough to fully cover someone like Kitty for PvE/PvP.

KGB
  • shinnaruto
    shinnaruto Posts: 60 Match Maker
    Options
    with the increase in the roster and keeping the rewards in the game pretty stagnant, it means the amounts they are trying to sell are drops in the bucket. 
  • Dogface
    Dogface Posts: 974 Critical Contributor
    Options
    KGB said:
    bluewolf said:

I see this thread (and many others) are full of players who talk of having 15+ million ISO deficits. When you get deficits that large you've managed to get WAY ahead in covers (spending, joining top alliances or other means).

Those players are now essentially chasing/grinding ISO since they already have the other resources (fully covered characters ready to champ and/or max champ in the case of fully flipping 3* farms) that you are talking about (minus maybe 5* covers).

I would hardly recommend buying ISO to champ Emma, but if you are making the 4* leap and suddenly had enough covers from shardmas to champ meta characters like Grocket/Juggs etc it would be a massive time saver in PvE to finish clears in 20 minutes vs 40 plus using 3* characters. The same goes for making the 5* leap if you drew enough to fully cover someone like Kitty for PvE/PvP.

KGB
    In 3 years I've spent around €20, I'm by no means in a top alliance, I hardly do PVP beyond seed teams and play PVE SCL7 usually T50. So not really how you describe to get WAY ahead in covers. But still I am. As said in another thread, just my 5* have a 5 milliion ISO deficit.

Personally I think ISO deficit is a natural stage in this game. Atm I'm pretty comfortable with my HP stash, at least enough for roster slots and the occasional 'cheap' vault. But there was a time when HP was tight too. 

I'm sure I will be post ISO at some time. If all 4* are champed you have 100 covers time to only receive ISO and not spend ISO on those champed.