Emma Frost costume bundle

rocks52
rocks52 Posts: 232 Tile Toppler
Sorry if I missed a thread on it somewhere but I got it mainly for the 3 champed covers for Emma which happened to get her to lv 282 and 280 gave me a champed Kitry Pride cover getting her to 452. Not bad

Comments

• ThaRoadWarrior
    ThaRoadWarrior Posts: 9,125 Chairperson of the Boards
    It was mentioned in the Holiday thread; I don't have the hp right now or I'd do it. I like having Frost on roster, even though i never use her.
  • Ed_Dragonrider
    Ed_Dragonrider Posts: 579 Critical Contributor
    As it's for hp instead of real life $£€ I bought it. I always think of hp deals as something I can earn back.
    With all the secondary shards I got today, combined with this deal, put Emma at lvl 280 after champing, and since my kitty was in dire need of yellow covers, I went for it. Kitty is now finally at 2/4/5. (Since shards I've managed all of 162 shards for her, getting to 500 will take approx. forever, so this was worth it for me).
  • KGB
    KGB Posts: 2,904 Chairperson of the Boards
    Insta-buy for me since I have 40K HP with nothing to spend them on.

KGB

• Heartbreaksoup
    Heartbreaksoup Posts: 352 Mover and Shaker
    Kudos to the art team.  I didn't buy this costume, but it's really amusing.
  • ElReyFelix
    ElReyFelix Posts: 102 Tile Toppler
    I was hoping for a costume closer to how she is typically depicted in the comics  o:) (i.e. with less of a costume)
  • Borstock
    Borstock Posts: 2,518 Chairperson of the Boards
    I NEVER use Emma. I usually always go for these HP for costume deals, but.... Emma?  There are literally 1* characters I use every day that I would buy this for before Emma.
  • Dogface
    Dogface Posts: 967 Critical Contributor
    I never use about 95% of the characters, but these HP for stuff deals are usually quite good and relatively cheap. And in this case, it doesn't hurt that she's a feeder for Kitty.
  • HoundofShadow
    HoundofShadow Posts: 8,004 Chairperson of the Boards
    It looks like they strike a deal to promote Charlotte Flair. Even the pose in the game startup bears a resemblance to her.
  • NoirCX
    NoirCX Posts: 1 Just Dropped In
    Man I really hope they choose to rebalance Emma at some point like with Invisible Woman. Emma really deserves a bit more love in 4* land. 
  • ZootSax
    ZootSax Posts: 1,819 Chairperson of the Boards
    While I would have preferred a straight-up holiday costume, like Wanda's witch costume for Halloween, this one is pretty good and the covers/shards brought my Emma to a 4/4/4 build.  Even if I don't draw her, the Shield resupply cover will eventually bring her to 13 for me.  All in all, I'm satisfied.
  • Borstock
    Borstock Posts: 2,518 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited December 2019
    Dogface said:
    I never use about 95% of the characters, but these HP for stuff deals are usually quite good and relatively cheap. And in this case, it doesn't hurt that she's a feeder for Kitty.

I used to think this way, but then I sat down one day and counted the number of characters I use... If you're anything like me, I think you'd be surprised. I use a LOT of characters, way more than I would have thought. Emma's just not one of them.

ETA:. Just did a quick count... I fairly regularly use 77 different characters out of my 206 character roster (several dupes). It's a lot more than 5%.
  • Dogface
    Dogface Posts: 967 Critical Contributor
    Well, 95% might be not be correct. Of course if you count the essentials needed, I use a lot of characters, but my core group is quite small. 
  • jredd
    jredd Posts: 1,387 Chairperson of the Boards
    she does feed kitty though. i gained 3 champ levels which got me a kitty cover. good deal in my books.
  • KGB
    KGB Posts: 2,904 Chairperson of the Boards
    How much of your roster that you use depends on whether you play PvP or PvE. 

If you are just playing PvE, you probably use 10% or less (excluding essential character). Maybe 5% or less.

When you play PvP you very often use one or two teams to do partial climb and then switch to teams of boosted characters (at least in 3/4* land). So there you are using a lot more characters on your roster.

KGB
  • Kingart813
    Kingart813 Posts: 46 Just Dropped In
    Got Emma to 280 with this deal, which fed a yellow kitty cover, to have kitty now at 4/4/5.  Ready to champ!
  • ThaRoadWarrior
    ThaRoadWarrior Posts: 9,125 Chairperson of the Boards
    I was able to come up with the HP after all, i was a bit shocked that I did. I picked it up, brought my Frost to 294.
  • Phumade
    Phumade Posts: 2,477 Chairperson of the Boards
    Kudos to the art team.  I didn't buy this costume, but it's really amusing.
    She's got that Mariah Carey Butterfly era vibe going.  Thought it was a great costume!  When will we get a ShadowCat costume for Kitty Pryde?  Thats a a major lost opportunity.
  • DAZ0273
    DAZ0273 Posts: 9,580 Chairperson of the Boards
    I got it. The cover and shards will put me within 150 shards of being able to champ Frosty with + 10 covers which will equal the Kitty yellow I have been chasing. I also happen to quite like the costume.