what is up with Greg now!?!?

Options
2»

Comments

• CheeksMagunda
    CheeksMagunda Posts: 25 Just Dropped In
    Options
    Brigby said:
    There were some recent tweaks to the AI's behavior, such as smarter spell targeting, but I don't recall there being any changes to the way gems randomly dropped for them.
    Incidentally, I don't know how it's going for anyone else, but this "tweak" doesn't appear to be working on my game. Greg's Ral still Fluxes itself or his creatures, for instance. But the cascading issue is certainly a thing, for whatever reason.
  • morgue427
    morgue427 Posts: 783 Critical Contributor
    Options
    still not liking using vanguard cards causes greg to soft lock sometimes for minutes, sometimes permanently
  • FindingHeart8
    FindingHeart8 Posts: 2,730 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I really feel like a lot of this is the result of our resulting mindset from being experienced, top players.

In most games, the more you play the stronger you get (generalization), and the easier the resulting game becomes.

In mtgpq, this is not always so.  Yes, better cards can mean easier wins; but with every new set release, the entire strategic landscape of the game changes.  For a while, we usually become significantly weaker with the loss of powerful cards in our arsenal leaving standard, until we are able to acquire the new cards necessary to reclaim our original power.

So in a way, yes we do become weaker with every new set release, and it's even more noticeable as it interrupts our mindset of linear progression in player power.
  • morgue427
    Options
    but as in paper magic each new set brings the possibilties of new and obnoxious ways to set up the new meta with unique new card interactions
  • JohnnyXII
    JohnnyXII Posts: 11 Just Dropped In
    Options
    But unlike paper magic, they refuse to ban cards that break the game.
  • morgue427
    Options
    no they will fix it after it has broke the meta lol
  • Foznertep
    Foznertep Posts: 121 Tile Toppler
    Options
    Still, something is definitely wrong with the draw mechanics. I had a number of matches where I went far beyond turn 40 (with decks including card draw) and one or two cards of my deck had not been drawn ever - which should be impossible with a deck consisting of four copies of ten cards.