A Different Take on Respec

I've noticed that a lot of people talk about wishing to respec their character when the developers alter them. Most of the suggestions seem to be along the idea that we should be given a chance to rearrange covers to match whatever we want. And I understand why that really isn't a valid option between how you may have attained the covers and the like.

But what about when a character is rebalanced they're reset to level 15 and we are given all of the ISO we've invested in the character back so we make a decision. Do you relevel that character and try to use the new form or do you turn around and spend that ISO leveling up one or more characters instead and leave the original character at level 15 until you can change the covers to match what you want?

Comments

• doloriel wrote:
    I've noticed that a lot of people talk about wishing to respec their character when the developers alter them. Most of the suggestions seem to be along the idea that we should be given a chance to rearrange covers to match whatever we want. And I understand why that really isn't a valid option between how you may have attained the covers and the like.

But what about when a character is rebalanced they're reset to level 15 and we are given all of the ISO we've invested in the character back so we make a decision. Do you relevel that character and try to use the new form or do you turn around and spend that ISO leveling up one or more characters instead and leave the original character at level 15 until you can change the covers to match what you want?

They would also have to give you back the covers as well. Or the HP equivalent of those covers so you could repurchase the covers in the way you see fit. And D3 isn't going to do that. It would be nice, but it just won't happen.
  • Sorry I meant that when they returned the balanced character to level 15 they leave the thirteen covers where they are. Thereby making it your choice on whether you want level the character back up.

I don't disagree, I really don't think they would affect this kind of change but I just wanted to see different suggestion put forth instead of just: "give me three covers and 12,500 HP to do with as I see fit."
  • In theory, giving people the HP and ISO back as choice when they nerf a character could work out very much in their favor from a customer satisfaction standpoint. But from a technical standpoint, it would be a nightmare. You can't just blanket refund everyone, some people wouldn't want to respec. And if you did it solely based on user request, it would clog the hell out of an already backed up Customer Support group.

The idea of refunding the ISO and covers (or HP equivalent) for nerfed characters would be awesome if they had the man power to do it effectively. But they can't handle general communication and have yet to fix scaling and MMR to reasonable levels right now, so I wouldn't dare ask them to take on yet another task that would only slow down these processes even slower than they already are.

Edit: proofreading.