Unhappy with changes to Comic Slots

As seen in the patch notes Comic Slots from 8-24 are no longer unlocked one at a time but now are unlocked in bundles from 2 to 3 slots at a time, costing more hero points at once.
The intent is to allow users to save for these Comic Slots while making the purchase of these bundles feel more impactful instead of piecemeal.

All this does is make it more difficult to unlock slots as necessary for new covers. Obviously this is their intent due to the nature of unlocking covers that are available for only a limited amount of time, but it just feels terrible. Making the entire process of purchasing new comic slots for covers more difficult just for the sake of trying to push people more to spending than they would be before these changes is just such a low move and I really can't see any other justification for it. Just my thoughts and opinions, but certainly leaving a really bad taste in my mouth.

Comments

• Agreed, that's not a move I appreciate at all. My roster is pushing 40, but that's because that's *all* I spend HP on, and I buy one at a time. Selling them in bundles just pushes me further away from buying in, rather than spurring real money purchases.
  • I agree that it's yet another money grab. I don't believe for one second that it is about convenience.

But it only affects people who have less than 25 slots. If you have 25+ spots already, you can still purchase individual slots. .. for now... icon_neutral.gif
  • Yeah, this change is such a huge piece of ****. I don't see how it affects "convenience" AT ALL. Especially for newer players, accumulating HP is really difficult, and this primarily affects newer players. Just forces them to buy HP, or sacrifice covers when they expire in 6 days.

Veterans have been thinking that they've ceased caring about us as players, but it now seems like D3 is trying to alienate EVERYONE from their game, new and veteran players alike.
  • NighteyesGrisu
    NighteyesGrisu Posts: 563 Critical Contributor
    yeah, that sounds like ****..to be honest I didn't understand exactly what it meant when I read the patch notes, and since I already have 41 slots unlocked it didn't affect me directly...but it certainly sounds a lot like a money grap, since every one of those slots I bought individually...I never buyed or even wanted to buy two slots at a time. And that they have the nerve of trying it to sell as an improvement for actual users is rather rich.
  • Dayv
    Dayv Posts: 4,449 Chairperson of the Boards
    I recently introduced a f2p friend to the game, and I'm expecting to hear from him that he's quitting the first time he runs into the roster slot paywall. They might have gotten a dollar or two from him now and then, but they're not going to turn him into a $5 guy.
  • Again, dev want more money and again and again are ruining the game because of their bank account...they will not listen any suggestion you will write on this forum, so it is worthless to complain about anything.