has Demi solved post-iso?

Options
Vhailorx
Vhailorx Posts: 6,085 Chairperson of the Boards
edited December 2019 in MPQ General Discussion
I have to admit, I never really thought of just taking iso away from the players. . .  But I think there will be many fewer players with more iso than they can use going forward.  Brilliant work!

/Sarcasm

Comments

• pheregas
    pheregas Posts: 1,721 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I mean...  All my new champed 5s are going to put a small dent into my reserves, but otherwise no.  Maybe a direct iso to HP purchase is the way to go, but that function just doesn't exist right now.

• DAZ0273
    DAZ0273 Posts: 9,629 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    We wont need iso as we wont have the HP to roster characters or the CP to buy them! ;)
  • shardwick
    shardwick Posts: 2,121 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Player: Yay I'm finally post hp!
    Dev1: Noooo!!!! This can't happen! They will spend less money!
    Dev2: Well, we could give them more things to buy like costumes or cover art or...
    Dev1: I got it! Overhaul champ rewards and remove a significant amount of hp and some iso as well.
    Dev2: Don't you think that that's a tad harsh?
    Dev1: Hmmm. Fine. Create a new token and throw a handful of those into champ rewards. Am I not merciful?
  • Dogface
    Dogface Posts: 974 Critical Contributor
    Options
    I gladly take all excess ISO. I have so many characters to level up, it'll probably run into the millions.
  • GrimSkald
    GrimSkald Posts: 2,490 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Are we talking about Champ rewards here?  Is that going to be significant?  I mean, the Iso from champ rewards really just covers what you'd get from selling the cover, which is a tiny, tiny dribble compared to everything else.
  • Colognoisseur
    Colognoisseur Posts: 804 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Not going to solve my post-iso problem. I’ll still have more than 40m and nowhere to spend it.
  • Vhailorx
    Vhailorx Posts: 6,085 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    GrimSkald said:
    Are we talking about Champ rewards here?  Is that going to be significant?  I mean, the Iso from champ rewards really just covers what you'd get from selling the cover, which is a tiny, tiny dribble compared to everything else.

Yes, this is basocally about the champ rewards overhaul. Farming 2*s was previously a slightly iso-negative activity (I think it was ~7k iso exchanged for for the other champ rewards).  Now it costs more iso to farm any tier of character, and the farms will yield more shards and fewer hp/cp. 

This won't do much to soak away the massive iso hoards that some post-iso players have already acquired.  But it will slow down the rate at which players achieve post-iso status.
  • DyingLegend
    DyingLegend Posts: 1,192 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    It takes me forever to level up a character to 13/13 so i always have enough ISO on hand to upgrade them