Mighty Tokens...

rawfsu
rawfsu Posts: 291 Mover and Shaker
Sorry if something was posted I'm not aware of, but has there been any more news on the Mighty Tokens? I believe we were told they would be appearing later in the 191 update, but we've already received 192. Will these tokens only appear in Supply Upgrade sales like the one a few weeks ago? 

Comments

• broll
    broll Posts: 4,732 Chairperson of the Boards
    If you hadn't noticed, the rewards screen has changed drastically (not the awards but the formatting).  I'm suspecting to see an announcement about rewards changes anytime now.  I suspect it will add Might Tokens and Shards in some way or fashion.  I also suspect it will go into effect either in the PvP off-season or at the start of the next PvP season.

*Note the views express by Broll are educated speculation that should not be taken as fact.
  • JHawkInc
    JHawkInc Posts: 2,601 Chairperson of the Boards
    Tiny bit of clarification, I would say "we were told in 191 that they would be appearing later." No part of that says "before 192" (which is implied by the way you've phrased it here).

I suspect it was easier on them to add these tokens alongside Shards, and they chose to show the tokens off immediately with a bundle. But I bet their gameplan is to see how Shards work for a bit, see if they need any tinkering or anything, and then we'll see Mighty tokens added after that.

With the update to the format of the rewards screen within events, I wouldn't be surprised to see Shards and/or Mighty Tokens added there. I would join Broll in guessing that they'll actually make the change during the off season of PVP or at the start of the next season, because that's when they like to do those kinds of things (especially if PVP event rewards will be changing).

So yeah, they were announced and then we saw/heard nothing, but I believe it's just because the announcement was really early.
  • Borstock
    Borstock Posts: 2,516 Chairperson of the Boards
    "What are those!?" - Shuri
  • ThaRoadWarrior
    ThaRoadWarrior Posts: 9,125 Chairperson of the Boards
    Feels to me like next season would be as good a time as any to roll them out.
  • spidyjedi84
    spidyjedi84 Posts: 514 Critical Contributor
    Check IceIX's latest update. Looks like very soon those are going to be coming, and some being retroactively earned.