Olympus Season 2

Options
Unknown
edited June 2014 in MPQ Alliances
It's a fresh start here at Olympus. If you are a member please check in here on this thread (post a message!).

Member rankings will be updated after every event:
Season 2 Rankings

Note to non-members:
Olympus is actively recruiting active 2* players looking for a somewhat relaxed but competitive environment. If you are interested, send me a private message.

Comments

• Unknown
    edited June 2014
    Options
    Goals:
    -Consistently attain a top 100 rank in PvP events.
    -Maintain a relaxed but competitive atmosphere

Rules:
    -Members must participate in all season 2 events unless decided otherwise.
    -PvE events are optional unless decided otherwise
    -A minimum score of 550 is required in PvP events.
    -If you will not be able to adequately contribute to a particular event, you must let me know in advance (here on the forums). Based on this information we can decide as an alliance whether or not to push for a top 100 place if necessary.
    -Members will be ranked by their cumulative PvP scores during season 2. Members who are not contributing adequately will first be warned, then dismissed from the alliance if they continue to under-perform.
    -Failure to achieve at least 300 points in a PvP event without prior notice is grounds for immediate dismissal if overall contribution is weak.
    -Members in good standing who need/want to take a break will be allowed to leave the alliance for a per-determined period after which they will be guaranteed re-admittance into the next available slot.

BlackDog
  • Unknown
    Options
    KilliansRed checking in.
  • Unknown
    Options
    kaiyote checking in.

Season 2 requirements sound reasonable. Would like to get started on the 2* to 3* progression, hopefully we can do that together.
  • Unknown
    Options
    Ranjin checking in.
  • Unknown
    Options
    diakonos checking in. Not a fan of the Psylocke PvP... Not trying hard.... Please forgive me ...
  • Unknown
    Options
    Colindj1120 checking in
  • Unknown
    Options
    Need some advice on the PVPs.

I have no problem getting into the 700-800 range at this point. The problem I run into is that it's impossible for me to stay there, no matter how much I play. For every fight I win I end up losing three, especially in the last couple of hours. Is purchasing shields worth it? And if so, when is the right time to use them? Obviously if I get high enough in the last hour I can get one but is there a right way to set that up?

Thanks,

kaiyote
  • Unknown
    Options
    Jatto checking in
  • Unknown
    Options
    Hey Kaiyote,

Purchasing shields is crucial to getting into a top place in PvP. During the last few hours things get very competitive and it is very hard to make progress. The strategy I use (and it is a popular one) is to play up to a moderate level (500ish) earlier in the tourney. Then with about 10 hours or so remaining I play up as high as I can, up to the point where the enemies are too powerful or I get attacked too much to make progress (usually 800 - 900), and then I put up an 8 hour shield to carry me through the end of the tourney. At the very end I often un-shield to get in a couple more attacks if I am near a threshold.

The PvP mechanics have changed quite a bit recently, so some of the forum advice is out of date. Historically if you joined a tournament later on you usually landed in an easier bracket and I think this might still be true to some extent. The level of your characters definitely effects how hard of a bracket you land in. Also your MMR (overall tourney rating) is thought to effect what bracket you get put in.

BD
  • Unknown
    Options
    Durbin has been removed from the alliance because he was under 300 points in Fresh Cut and did not participate in Heavy Metal while not giving any notice that he would be absent.
  • Unknown
    Options
    Answers to some in game questions:
    Sambobjammin: Unless you play all the time or live in a time zone where you can play until the end of the tournament then it's unbalanced.
    You can compensate for this using shields. Ahead of time you need to play up to the number of points you think you will need to place (In my case I know I need to get at least 950ish points in order to have a chance at top 10). Then put up a shield lasting you through the end of the event and go to bed

Colindj1120: Any advice on Fatal Attraction, my Daken is only level 20 and that's its max. Not sure how to get and stay high in the event.
    Players with a high level Daken will have an advantage over you, however these players will be rare. Most players are in the same boat as you with a low level Daken and the game also tries to pair you with players of similar level. You should noticed that most of the matches you are given have a low level Daken and you can skip those that don't.
  • Unknown
    Options
    Not able to log into the game right now. Was planning on making a major push in the next several hours for fatal attraction
  • Unknown
    Options
    Fatal Attraction event announcements:
    Nice job on Fatal Attraction everyone. We placed 124th which is significantly better than our previous events, and quite good considering we have three dead weight officers. I created a support ticket regarding that issue on Sunday, but no update as of yet.

Nice job Kaiyotex for scoring 870 and pulling into the Season 2 lead with an average of 766 points per event. Player of the event goes to Ghorghorbey for breaking out of his 500ish streak with a score of 713. Killians and Ranjin also scored highly.

Sambobjammin and Spiney Dan posted weak scores in this event (259 and 413). Their average season 2 scores are 323 and 356 points per event respectively. They have not signed into the forums and both are new to the clan in Season 2. Based on all of these factors they will be removed from the alliance to make room for more deserving players.

Performing better but below the expected 500 average mark are Br4dders (447) and Diakonos (479). I also had issues logging into the game this morning, so I feel your pain there. Your position within the alliance is safe as long as you start getting into the expected range moving forward.

BlackDog
  • Unknown
    Options
    Ok guys - im in!
  • Unknown
    Options
    I have added a link to a rankings spreadsheet in the original post.

Welcome Seraph!
  • Unknown
    Options
    I'd love to join you guys if you have a spot left, sent a PM to BlackDog with my application.

Cheers
  • Unknown
    Options
    Welcome Kusanagi, our newest member!
  • Unknown
    Options
    Discussion Topic: Burnout

Reading through the forum I have noticed that a lot of people are complaining about changes to the game, especially pressure from being in an alliance, causing them to burn out. I would like to strike a balance between the expectation of good participation and a desire to keep things fun and somewhat flexible. I had a few thoughts for how we might accomplish this:
    -Leave PvE events as optional
    -Allow each member to pick one PvP event each season to take it easy on. When judging player contribution every players lowest event score would be dropped. Players would still be encouraged to achieve 300 points if possible during this event.
    -Have a system where if a player needs to take a break from the game for a specific period of time (like taking a 2 week vacation) they can leave the alliance with the guarantee that they will be re-admitted upon their return as soon as a slot opens.

The third one in particular I think is a good idea and plan for that to be our policy. The other two I am uncertain about and would like your thoughts.
  • Unknown
    Options
    Hey Blackdog, I won't be able to play in the final 3-4 hours of Fresh Cut, so who knows how I'll end up. Will try to get my score up to 700 or so, but can't guarantee what my final score will be.
  • Unknown
    Options
    Make sure you shield up.