Hawk 5+Worthy

Options
MissoesRicRose
MissoesRicRose Posts: 258 Mover and Shaker
What is the best team to defeat: Hawk 5 + Cap.4 (Worthy)?

Comments

• MissoesRicRose
    MissoesRicRose Posts: 258 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Loosie said:
    The skip button.
    kkkk :D
  • Mrcl25
    Mrcl25 Posts: 138 Tile Toppler
    Options
    Bishop.
  • PiMacleod
    PiMacleod Posts: 1,723 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited December 2019
    Options
    Honestly, the thing i do against them is Whales.  Which isnt possible against Gritty Bishop, because i die too early.  But on Worthy Hawkeye, i can use 4 and 3*s to hit for under the passive, and generate enough purple to whale them.  

Of course, i only do this if they are worth the points.  I ain't spending the DP points just to beat someone that isnt worth the effort.  In those cases, skip!
  • ThaRoadWarrior
    ThaRoadWarrior Posts: 9,162 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited December 2019
    Options
    I've been experimenting with some counters. You need to get rid if WCap asap and the whole thing falls apart. 

I've been running 5* Iceman/5* Hawkeye/Okoye with some success in Simulator. Occasionally I get lucky and can do enough damage fast enough that I get WCap out of the way with just 1 stunned character. Hawkeye here functions largely as just a battery for Iceman who is going to flood all the blue tiles up with CDs. If you manage to match a few, you can stun WCap up until you can get rid of him.

I often see these two in simulator with Jessica Jones in the middle and an underbuilt Clint, so as an experiment I've been trying to punish them with C4rol/Jessica Jones: once WCap has dropped out all his CDs, they'll start to blue/red up the board, and then cascade into a whole bunch of Energy Manipulation damage and your own bank full of Red for Defenestration purposes. I don't know if that's the most reliable, but it's gratifying when it works.

Dr. Strange + a force multiplier (i think ideally 5* strange, but i don't have a yellow on mine) might be good since this team fires off powers a lot and you get a good stun from blue.

Dazzler can remove the CDs if you can get her to tank. Generally you need to bring along 4ocket to be ready for that first hit, so that can be a diminishing return game if it doesn't work on the first round.

XFDP + a Jump-in-Front is a good counter to most 4* damage dealers. In this case Bishop can be good since he'll do a few ks of damage and earn some blue you can use to stun whoever you need to while the XFDP tiles resolve.
  • GrimSkald
    GrimSkald Posts: 2,490 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Unlike Gritty/Bishop, a mirror match is not a big deal - with most combos you can not trigger Cap on the first round, use Cap to stun the other Cap, then go to town.  This team also works okay against Gritty/Bishop, but you may lose your Cap quickly and then it kind of sucks.

• randomhero1090
    randomhero1090 Posts: 396 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Any team under the threshold with a stun or a good size nuke.

Mirror match is the best.  I have a 3/1/1 unleveled HE so I just mirror match with a host of 3rds.
  • tiomono
    tiomono Posts: 1,654 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Kitty 4* Gamora, Bishop. Do not make your first match with Kitty. If you can match blue on your first turn its laughably easy.
  • DyingLegend
    DyingLegend Posts: 1,192 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    No matter what team you use to beat it, they will just destroy you on a retaliation. 
  • ThaRoadWarrior
    ThaRoadWarrior Posts: 9,162 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    No matter what team you use to beat it, they will just destroy you on a retaliation. 
    That's true, but the team is fundamentally slow due to all the CDs ticking down. So it's not like a Thorkoye retal I don't think in that you'd get blasted 4X times before you'd beaten them once. At least I don't notice a bunch of retal hits when i chase these teams down until much later after I climb.
  • CT1888
    CT1888 Posts: 1,201 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Strange/Bishop works a treat. Throw in Okoye for sim and you are laughing. 
  • BoyWonder1914
    BoyWonder1914 Posts: 884 Critical Contributor
    Options
    CT1888 said:
    Strange/Bishop works a treat. Throw in Okoye for sim and you are laughing. 
    This. I've been laughing maniacally since I champed Bishop a few days ago, but you don't even REALLY need Bishop. Strange absolutely flames them to death regardless, but if you have Bishop then the opponents' getting a nasty double tap every time they try something. If you've got Okoye as a 3rd with some team up AP then they melt even faster.