Happy Holidays - 50 shards for Spider-Ham

Options
ThaRoadWarrior
ThaRoadWarrior Posts: 9,166 Chairperson of the Boards
Neat, but what do i do with them? I can't target Ham for shards any other way, and I need 350 more to add a cover.

Comments

• Painmonger
    Painmonger Posts: 152 Tile Toppler
    Options
    I came here to ask the same question. Hopefully this is an indication that other shard sources are being added soon. Has anyone seen any of the limited characters in their stores yet?
  • Loosie
    Loosie Posts: 397 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    So....are we getting more limited shards in a non-monetary way?
  • TeamStewie
    TeamStewie Posts: 357 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    50 crummy shards annoys me even more if that's possible.
  • chris0001
    chris0001 Posts: 205 Tile Toppler
    Options
    They found a new way to bend us over!  Nicely done!!  LOL
  • shardwick
    shardwick Posts: 2,121 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I came here to ask the same question. Hopefully this is an indication that other shard sources are being added soon. Has anyone seen any of the limited characters in their stores yet?
    Going by my store you'd think that there were only a handful of characters actually in the game. They offered me 5* Iron Man like four times in a row recently.
  • bluewolf
    bluewolf Posts: 5,310 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    shardwick said:
    Going by my store you'd think that there were only a handful of characters actually in the game. They offered me 5* Iron Man like four times in a row recently.
    RNG is great, isn't it?

I believe Fortnite does something similar where rare items randomly appear in their store.  Not sure about the escalating costs (buying fractions of items).
  • JHawkInc
    JHawkInc Posts: 2,601 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    It means they can give out a cover for a Limited character over the course of the year, and reward people that play daily. Little splashes like this can come more often than single freebie covers.

The game is a marathon, not a sprint, and this freebie is basically a small step forward. Yeah, it looks stupid when you consider where you were both before and after the freebie. But it's meant to be part of a long-term cumulative effort.
  • DyingLegend
    DyingLegend Posts: 1,192 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    It would have been better if they just gave us a free cover. 50 shards for a character you cant accrue shards on is very silly.
  • Haithere
    Haithere Posts: 18 Just Dropped In
    Options
    Oh boy. I hope we get 50 Shards for talon next. 
  • furbear00000
    furbear00000 Posts: 188 Tile Toppler
    Options
    You guys are getting shards?
  • Bryan Lambert
    Bryan Lambert Posts: 234 Tile Toppler
    Options
    JHawkInc said:
    It means they can give out a cover for a Limited character over the course of the year, and reward people that play daily. Little splashes like this can come more often than single freebie covers.

The game is a marathon, not a sprint, and this freebie is basically a small step forward. Yeah, it looks stupid when you consider where you were both before and after the freebie. But it's meant to be part of a long-term cumulative effort.
    One person’s “rewarding players for participating over time” is another person’s “pretending we’re eight times as generous as we actually are.” There’s clearly an upside on their end to being able to give stuff out more often without actually giving out more stuff.
  • supergarv
    supergarv Posts: 408 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Reecoh said:
    Have 1/8 of a Happy Holiday! 
    This made me laugh so hard. Thanks. Made my day.
  • jp1
    jp1 Posts: 1,069 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Yeah, I mean thanks....I guess. It was free so there is that.

On the other hand if they included a snarky “Nah, I’m good” button I wonder how many people would have pressed it. That would have been more fun.
  • LFChikarason
    LFChikarason Posts: 397 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    bluewolf said:
    JHawkInc said:

Or, it's just a teaser to get you to buy the eventual bundle which conveniently finishes a cover with 375 shards or something.  Hard to know without any...y'know....what's the phrase....... official communication?
    IceX stated over on Discord they'd be offering more ways to get Spider-Ham shards. I'm sure we'll get a mention or notice by 7pm EST today <fingers crossed>
  • Mayo
    Mayo Posts: 156 Tile Toppler
    Options
    Trick joke or Just another way to show us what a bad currency are shards?
    I miss receiving any cover level as a treat. Would be more sattisfying on any time scale. 
  • Borstock
    Borstock Posts: 2,547 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    When I heard they were giving us Spider-Ham shards, I assumed it was for a full cover, since it didn't make sense to me otherwise.

Shame on me. This is absurd.