Build up and Excitement of the new release?!

Options
Boogeyman
Boogeyman Posts: 223 Tile Toppler
edited November 2019 in MtGPQ General Discussion
Hello all, 
What are some suggestions to building excitement to the release of new packs and events? I wanted to be excited with this new release, but I was not.  
Here are my suggestions: 
- Have pre-release hype build-up with contests and prizes?
- Put other packs on sale / Membership sale?
- Have a planeswalker sale at the same time?
- Include a special new release event (Simple) for a chance at a new mythic
- - Maybe random special matches that if you win, you get a prize?

Comments

• Boogeyman
    Boogeyman Posts: 223 Tile Toppler
    Options
    I just had another idea.  Maybe a story mode where you can play with the new walkers you do not own, to get a taste of what they can offer in a controlled story mode environment?  
  • ElfNeedsFood
    ElfNeedsFood Posts: 944 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Boogeyman said:
    I just had another idea.  Maybe a story mode where you can play with the new walkers you do not own, to get a taste of what they can offer in a controlled story mode environment?  
    Technically, we do have the tutorial levels, but they are just glimpses of the new walkers and you have to use the cards they hand you.  Rewards are also just common cards from the new set using the new mechanics.
  • Brigby
    Brigby ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 7,757 Site Admin
    Options
    We're always looking for ways to build up the hype and excitement for players to enjoy new card sets more, so thank you @Boogeyman for putting together this thread!

Anything that can be done in the forums would typically have a good chance of coming to fruition. Anything else that involves in-game changes would take more preparation time and planning to implement, depending on the complexity or scope of the idea, but I look forward to seeing what ideas everyone have!
  • Abracadavers
    Abracadavers Posts: 61 Match Maker
    Options
    What about a "card of the day" for a week or two before a release?  While it would be awesome to be able to play with that card for a day in-app, even just a sneak-a-peak at how the card is going to look/read would go a long way at building hype.  The card could be revealed on these forums (as a forums-only solution) and/or through inbox messages in app.
  • Gunmix25
    Gunmix25 Posts: 1,434 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Boogeyman said:
    Hello all, 

What are some suggestions to building excitement to the release of new packs and events? I wanted to be excited with this new release, but I was not. I just see horrible drop rates and an endless amount of cards I don't have and I am a pretty faithful player. 

Here are my suggestions: 
    - Put other packs on sale / Membership sale?

Maybe it is just me, but it feels like we got new seat covers for the old car.  

It's minor but Trick or Treat was technically a pre-release teaser

-Put other packs on sale / Membership sale?

can't speak for non-VIP but they have a ton of packs for sale... especially one that covers multiple sets

I assume Garruk @ doesn't count and are referring to other walkers? Usually walker sales are held twice a year. once at Christmas and the other around early summer-ish?

Oddly they didn't do that this time around. Past sets have done this upon release and usually is the norm. The best set that did this was DOM... crazy Mythic specials days apart... loved it.

This has potential … maybe an event that triggers prizes whenever a particular combo of colors are in specific placements and you can try to pop them? Like Monte Carlo for Bowling? … seriously this sounds like a blast