Suggestion - we need a configurable roster

With so many characters in the game {200???) we need some kind of “favorites“ roster or a "most played“ roster. Some players are suggesting a “searchable“ roster list but I believe one of the two first implementations would be best

Thank you

Comments

• eddidit
    eddidit Posts: 86 Match Maker
    Yeah a favorite roster would be a nice addition. When playing pve I usually have 2 goto rosters depending on type of team I'm playing, unless the boosted are better options but I pretty much stick to my winning teams. 
  • bluewolf
    bluewolf Posts: 5,729 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited November 2019
    Years and years and years, we've been making this request.

Maybe now they can do something about it.

No stopping the new character train....
    Gonna keep adding them until we have 300 and everyone is paying 2000 per slot.

What a glorious day that will be.
  • Chrynos1989
    Chrynos1989 Posts: 328 Mover and Shaker
    That and I would like to separate roster slots into categories or name them
    as someone with a complete 2* and 3* farm, that would help me get things a bit cleaned up
  • Kolence
    Kolence Posts: 969 Critical Contributor
    edited November 2019
    A way to filter selected 16-24 characters to the front 2-3 pages should be enough for any pve sub.

5* - Thanos, Thor, Okoye, Kitty, Strange, SL, 5E, 
    4* - R&G, Medusa, Chavez, 4E, 
    3* - Thanos, 3E, 
    2* - 2E

Those are mostly the characters I will use (still a few Mordo's away from Strange), unless I'm forgetting someone. Maybe Panthos works really well on some nodes too? It would still leave room for a few more characters to pick depending on the sub and the type of enemies you'd be fighting. 

Not exactly sure how to best handle duplicates in this scenario, swapping in the healthiest one or keeping the same one until they croak?  :)
  • supergarv
    supergarv Posts: 408 Mover and Shaker
    5* Strange
    4* SL
    3* Strange

but generally spot on selection, yeah, a filter for those would be good. I need to do 24 taps to get to 3 Thanos.

(A bit sad, 13 out of 200 chars that probably every 5* player uses. Every. Event.)
  • furbear00000
    furbear00000 Posts: 188 Tile Toppler
    We’ve been begging for this for a long time now. Not likely it’s ever going to happen. 
  • bluewolf
    We’ve been begging for this for a long time now. Not likely it’s ever going to happen. 
    I was snarky earlier but there may be some hope.  Ice said something about it on Discord and it seemed like he was advocating for it on behalf of the players but encountering some internal pushback.

I imagine any development decision has numerous advocates and opponents as they decide how to allocate scarce time and people.

It would probably be something to keep in mind as a write-in suggestion for surveys (if you don't see it on there as something you dislike, like "Takes too long to select my desired team".
  • supergarv
    Make favorite slots, make them 500 HP to buy, hell I‘d get 10 of them.

Anything that makes money instead of improving QOL, or new currencies would be good, yes? :)
  • Wonko33
    Wonko33 Posts: 985 Critical Contributor
    nothing fancy, just a name search

• Kolence
    Kolence Posts: 969 Critical Contributor
    supergarv said:
    Make favorite slots, make them 500 HP to buy, hell I‘d get 10 of them.

Anything that makes money instead of improving QOL, or new currencies would be good, yes? :)
    Yeah, favorite team slots could work too. Maybe unlock one every 25? shield rank levels and sure, pay one time fee to boot. 
  • supergarv
    Wonko33 said:
    nothing fancy, just a name search

Hopefully not in the way how the input box for searching alliances is implemented.
  • Phumade
    Phumade Posts: 2,495 Chairperson of the Boards
    the idea that preset teams met internal resistance is mind boggling.  This is one of the few universal feature upgrade request.   Truthfully I’ve already gone on record as saying I would pay extra for that feature right now.
  • bluewolf
    edited November 2019
    If I were to imagine the scenario it's simply a matter of prioritization based on work required and who it benefits etc.

Setting up filters that are customizable and making the UI intuitive...all that seems like a fairly big project.

Now you need to ask what the average roster size is among all players, and when a sortable roster / preset teams starts to become a real asset.  You've probably been playing for a year or so when it starts to feel like a real need.

So you can easily see that while their list of projects/developments could easily include this function, other things could continue to push it down the list.  Especially improvements that help newer people more (such as limiting PVE cascades, or even shards which are much more helpful to new people trying to build the first 13 covers).
  • Godzillafan67
    Godzillafan67 Posts: 587 Critical Contributor
    Alphabetical sort at the minimum. That would be an immediate QoL upgrade for me.