Awakened Inferno Precon Objective Is a Joke

Options
jtwood
jtwood Posts: 1,285 Chairperson of the Boards
The event should either enforce the use of precons or that objective should be rewritten. Those precon decks will always get demolished by a manmade deck - and some people are definitely playing pimped out decks on that node. Over time, this is going to result in everyone simply ignoring that objective because the minor number of points won’t be worth the risk of a loss. 

Comments

• Mburn7
    Mburn7 Posts: 3,427 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I actually kind of like it.  And since losing points isn't really a big deal in this event (since its not PvP ranked) I don't really see what the big deal is if you lose every once in a while (although I usually win, since the AI is really just awful even with good decks)
  • jtwood
    jtwood Posts: 1,285 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I don’t mind losing.
  • Windy
    Windy Posts: 79 Match Maker
    Options
    Also like this type of challenge. Most decks will be in line with requirements and losing 1 beats missing 2nd objective all matches imo.

Expect the AI improvement to also make some impact on win/loss and you can't win them all. 
  • Machine
    Machine Posts: 789 Critical Contributor
    edited November 2019
    Options
    I was playing this event yesterday evening and I thought "I should write a post about how much I like this event". It is a PvP event without a ladder, so it's pure enjoyment. No stress at all. Also, you don't have to score all wins with all objectives to get to progression. There is a lot of wiggle room and still get max progression. Therefore, I like this precon deck objective and also the possibility to experiment with less proven decks without taking the risk of losing resources. I've played NB3's precon deck (the middle one, since I don't own all the cards for his top notch precon deck) and I've faced two non precon decks. I've won both with it. The biggest issue is to activatate a pw ability 3 or more times, not winning from my opponent.
  • ElfNeedsFood
    ElfNeedsFood Posts: 944 Critical Contributor
    Options
    My only issue is that it's standard as well, which is workable this week, but we'll lose a lot of walker options to use the precon decks next week...  H2, for example, has a halfway reasonable precon deck but you won't be able to use it after 3.9 hits and standard changes. 
  • Gunmix25
    Gunmix25 Posts: 1,434 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    jtwood said:
    The event should either enforce the use of precons or that objective should be rewritten. Those precon decks will always get demolished by a manmade deck - and some people are definitely playing pimped out decks on that node. Over time, this is going to result in everyone simply ignoring that objective because the minor number of points won’t be worth the risk of a loss. 
    B2's master deck works beautifully for this node. Especially since Avaricious is still buggy ;)
  • greenmeanie
    greenmeanie Posts: 123 Tile Toppler
    Options
    starfall said:
    Gunmix25 said:
    jtwood said:
    B2's master deck works beautifully for this node. Especially since Avaricious is still buggy ;)
    I like Brokhan. He takes advantage of the same bug :)
    I like to run Garruks Master deck for this one.
  • Mburn7
    Mburn7 Posts: 3,427 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    starfall said:
    Gunmix25 said:
    jtwood said:
    I find Huatli Green or Jaya to be good so far.  Somehow most of the master decks are better than the expert ones though
  • Aeroplane
    Aeroplane Posts: 314 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Bolas 2 Master deck worked well.
  • Gunmix25
    Gunmix25 Posts: 1,434 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    starfall said:
    Gunmix25 said:
    jtwood said:
    I looked at that one. Good choice. *thumbs up*
  • greenmeanie
    greenmeanie Posts: 123 Tile Toppler
    Options
    Mburn7 said:
    starfall said:
    Gunmix25 said:
    jtwood said:
    I find Huatli Green or Jaya to be good so far.  Somehow most of the master decks are better than the expert ones though
    The biggest problem I have is that I'm missing some cards for the precon decks. 
  • Kinesia
    Kinesia Posts: 1,621 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I think that on that specific node you should be able to select non-standard pre-con decks (but not edit them).
    That would make every walker available.
  • TomB
    TomB Posts: 269 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    I would add that allowing all the unedited precons will REALLY be needed once Standard rotates... :/