200th character

grumbLEGO
grumbLEGO Posts: 124 Tile Toppler
so M.O.D.O.K. Marks the 199th playable character we’ve gotten. Next up is the 200th! Will it be special? Probably a 5*. Anyone want to wager a guess on who it’ll be? Another version of a character we already have? Brand new character? Playable version of one of the non playable characters?!?

Comments

• IIAlonditeII
    IIAlonditeII Posts: 150 Tile Toppler
    edited November 2019
    Beta Ray Bill is both my hope and my bet. I've wanted him for a long time, and the game needs him. 

If there is nothing in this world but what we make, brothers, let us make good.
  • Ed_Dragonrider
    Ed_Dragonrider Posts: 591 Critical Contributor
    I reckon they'll have completely forgotten. They have more than enough to do with this new system, and it's not like other milestones have gotten a big fanfare, have they?
    Just out of curiosity, who was the 100th character, and was it a big fuss?
  • BriMan2222
    BriMan2222 Posts: 1,231 Chairperson of the Boards
    I believe Modok is the 200th mpq character if you include iron patriot,  who is exclusive to the playstation version of mpq.
  • shinnaruto
    shinnaruto Posts: 60 Match Maker
    I like that we are getting more villains. I would like to see Mister Sinister
  • Projectus2501
    Projectus2501 Posts: 218 Tile Toppler
    grumbLEGO said:
    so M.O.D.O.K. Marks the 199th playable character we’ve gotten. Next up is the 200th! Will it be special? Probably a 5*. Anyone want to wager a guess on who it’ll be? Another version of a character we already have? Brand new character? Playable version of one of the non playable characters?!?
    200 chars... Too much... 
  • grumbLEGO
    I reckon they'll have completely forgotten. They have more than enough to do with this new system, and it's not like other milestones have gotten a big fanfare, have they?
    I can’t find a good list but for some reason I feel like one of the doctor stranges was 100th...
  • JHawkInc
    JHawkInc Posts: 2,604 Chairperson of the Boards
    grumbLEGO said:
    I can’t find a good list but for some reason I feel like one of the doctor stranges was 100th...
    If my notes are right, the two Dr Stranges were 114/115, and number 100 would be... one of the Civil War releases. Something isn't quite right in my notes. I have dates down that says we got Winter Soldier, 5* Iron Man, and 5* Cap on the same date. But that date is a week before the first run of Civil War, and I don't remember seeing release tokens prior to the actual event. So I think Winter Soldier is 99th, and then we got a dual 5-star release for 100/101 when Civil War went live.
  • bluewolf
    bluewolf Posts: 5,729 Chairperson of the Boards
    I believe Modok is the 200th mpq character if you include iron patriot,  who is exclusive to the playstation version of mpq.
    The MPQ Twitter announcement of MODOK promoted the fact that he is in fact the 200th character.

But how many people were aware of the MPQ Xbox version....let alone ever played Iron Patriot?  Sadness.....
  • grumbLEGO
    bluewolf said:
    The MPQ Twitter announcement of MODOK promoted the fact that he is in fact the 200th character.

But how many people were aware of the MPQ Xbox version....let alone ever played Iron Patriot?  Sadness.....
    Well now I feel dumb. Oh well. 
  • Yepyep
    Yepyep Posts: 952 Critical Contributor
    200 characters and not enough ways to get them
    AND making it harder to get them.
  • bluewolf
    bluewolf Posts: 5,729 Chairperson of the Boards
    @grumbLEGO

Nah, I was getting excited too and now I feel kind of deflated. 
  • Vins2
    Vins2 Posts: 183 Tile Toppler
    Omegased said:
    I'm hoping for a Wolverine! he's under represented at the moment.
    I've always thought they were saving Weapon X for one of the first 6 stars.  
  • StevO-J
    StevO-J Posts: 751 Critical Contributor
    Seems like a great time to make an end to the HP price increase for roster slots after number 300...  o:)
  • ThaRoadWarrior
    ThaRoadWarrior Posts: 9,387 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited November 2019
    What could Iron Patriot even do? Is it worth rolling him in to the version that's still supported?

*edit* just found some videos - he seems like he was pretty wild. I'd probably still play him. That move where you drop 6 crits anwyhere you want seems pretty OP
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-ShJtJYy1b0

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q_9fBECN0hk

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5yqH3c06x9M

• Wonko33
    Wonko33 Posts: 985 Critical Contributor
    AND still no searchable roster, tap tap tap tap tap tap tap tap tap tap tap oh there was  Dr. Strange backtap backtap

• FesterTester
    FesterTester Posts: 51 Match Maker
    With Modok as #200, my notes would have Winter Soldier as #100, released 2016/04/28.

If you only count characters for the mobile version and hence have Modok as #199, then #100 would have been either of five-star Iron Man or five-star Captain America, released simultaneously on 2016/05/05 for Civil War.

We currently have 38 fives, 92 fours, 47 threes, 14 twos, and 8 ones on mobile, including limited characters = 199.
    Personally I'd say that still leaves room for #200 HYPE if you want to get worked up for it, especially since that counting method puts the Civil War characters at #100.

• Projectus2501
    Projectus2501 Posts: 218 Tile Toppler
    Wonko33 said:
    AND still no searchable roster, tap tap tap tap tap tap tap tap tap tap tap oh there was  Dr. Strange backtap backtap

Better than "searchable" would be a “favorites“  roster or a "most played“ roster
  • Yepyep
    Yepyep Posts: 952 Critical Contributor
    edited November 2019
    Wonko33 said:

Better than "searchable" would be a “favorites“  roster or a "most played“ roster
    A posse. A team. A cadre. A gang. A cohort. A squad. A company. 

The most basic QoL need in this game. Found in every game on the planet requiring numerous, highly variable teams — other than this game. 

What is wrong with these people? They just insist on tinykitty-ing in their goldmine — I guess that hilarious new MODOK animation was inspired by true life...

Edited to deal with a nursery-school language censor for whom c-r-a-p is swearing.