Let's discuss Adventures...

ElfNeedsFood
ElfNeedsFood Posts: 944 Critical Contributor
With Eldriane coming soon, what are the thoughts on the Adventure mechanic from the set?

For those not following paper, Adventure cards are creature cards that can optionally be cast as an instant or a sorcery for an ability and "Then exile this card.  You may cast the creature later from exile."

Will they work like flipping cards with aftermath like abilities, as was suggested by @KingGrace in the Throne of Eldraine Speculation thread last month? 

Will we need to cast the Adventure feature and only be able to cast the creature portion from exile?

Since you can just choose to exile a card at any time from your hand, will this become another mechanic that people exploit and Greg simply cannot use effectively?

Comments

• jtwood
    jtwood Posts: 1,285 Chairperson of the Boards
    99% of mechanics are inaccessible to Greg, so yes to that question  :D
  • Mburn7
    Mburn7 Posts: 3,427 Chairperson of the Boards
    I have a feeling it'll be some combination of Cycling and Split cards.  Like, exile it with X mana and do this cool thing, then copy the creature without that ability.

Or maybe I'm just hoping that's what it is?  :D
  • ElfNeedsFood
    Mburn7 said:
    I have a feeling it'll be some combination of Cycling and Split cards.  Like, exile it with X mana and do this cool thing, then copy the creature without that ability.

Or maybe I'm just hoping that's what it is?  :D
    If it works like Aftermath, and you have an Aftermath card in the graveyard, then you toss an Adventure card from your hand, followed by a charged up cycling card, which effect gets the mana?  All three?
  • Panneo
    Panneo Posts: 21 Just Dropped In
    How about a splitcard spell/creature. If the spell is cast, you get a copy of the creature side on the hand as a no-split card.

• ElfNeedsFood
    We now see that it's minimally an evergreen. I hope it's not just a new legendary....
  • Brigby
    Brigby ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 7,757 Site Admin
    Panneo said:
    How about a splitcard spell/creature. If the spell is cast, you get a copy of the creature side on the hand as a no-split card.
    Yup! You hit the nail on the head.