Ability to move shards from character to another

Options
2»

Comments

• Dogface
    Dogface Posts: 974 Critical Contributor
    Options
    edma said:
    Here's another idea to make it not so "do whatever you want with the shards".  How about every single time you add a cover to a character, that's the only time you can transfer any extra shards over to another char of equal tier.  This way there's no "infinite bucket of shards" that allows us to do whatever we want but still removes the tinykitty "wasted shard" feeling.

Edit: lol, tinykitty?  i guess no swearing on these forums.
    I like this idea. I happened to reach exactly 300 shards, but I foresee many instances where i will not. I'll likely switch TH after reaching a cover, so getting to start another TH with a few leftover shards would be nice. 
    They would however have to find a solution for if someone has enough shards to get multiple covers. 
  • Tarelgeth
    Tarelgeth Posts: 67 Match Maker
    Options
    Or how about only when a character gets champed? Allow a transfer then?
  • Reecoh
    Reecoh Posts: 210 Tile Toppler
    edited November 2019
    Options
    KGB said:
    Reecoh said:
    I can't see them allowing you to move shards as long as they are selling character-specific shards. This whole design was likely built out from that business requirement.

If you can buy the lowest price 20 pack for a character every time the store flips and then just move those shards over to where you want them then they would likely have a much lower rate of folks buying shard packs at the 2+ pack prices.

If the $hard $tore ends up being a dud, then maybe they will consider changes.
    It took me less than 1 minute to come up with a viable solution to this.

Put the shards in 3 buckets (3, 4, 5 star). Sell the shards in the shard store as they do now but sell 3, 4 or 5 star shards. Just make the price for every shard the average price of the cost to buy 1 cover (say it took 3 buys total and each buy cost cost 100, 110, 120 then make the cost a flat rate of 110). Problem is solved. It's not rocket science here.

Then there is ZERO waste since your shards are in 1 bucket per tier.

KGB
    You missed my point entirely. I never said it couldn't be done or that this was some unsolvable puzzle. There are a ton of great ideas about how to make the system better & more player friendly being shared.
    I'm saying that this system was designed the way it is for a very specific reason, and I wouldn't expect any major changes to it unless their assumptions about player spending ends up being lower than is acceptable to the bean counters. I may be wrong about that - and I hope I am - but I'm not going to hold my breath.