Bonus Heroes... a celebration of life

Daredevil217
Daredevil217 Posts: 3,939 Chairperson of the Boards

We are gathered here today in remembrance... remembrance of a simpler time. When 3* roster management wasn’t broken into tiny microscopic pieces. When the game didn’t have additional pop-ups to click through making token-opening all the more painful. When an extra cover, a bonus- if you will- was just that; a pleasant surprise- not to be monetized, but to be enjoyed!

Bonus Heroes have touched the hearts and rosters of so many. And that’s why I thought it important to gather here today not in mourning of our fallen mechanic. But in celebration! The way your little yellow heart stopped ours when we got that purple icon followed by those two little arrows that were there to say, “you’re not done yet!”... inspired. 

Thank you for finishing 5* characters we never thought possible due to Classic dilution. Thank you for helping us get a step closer to competing in SHIELD Training. Thank you for the ways in which you fueled our farms and helped us transition. And thank you for filling the “best moments of the day” thread with your generosity and kind spirit. I know you did not shine on all equally, but you gave where you could. 

In a game that can be absolutely grindy, you added excitement whenever you popped up! Sadly, your replacement will add yet more grind to the grind. But I will always remember the ways in which you helped me.  And know... that on the Mount Rushmore of MPQ innovations, you are right up there with the best of the best. Unfortunately there was more money to be made in your death than in your life, but we will always love you dear friend. 

You’re in a better place now. Please say hello to the Gauntlet, 50/50 Vintage/Latest 4* character odds, 1:1 Customer Service swaps, Heroic events, @Brigby, Support Circuit, Supports in general, 20-person lightning rounds, Crash of the Mad Titans, and all the other cool things we once had that are long gone. To Bonus Heroes, and all those who have fallen before them... not all heroes wear capes. Rest In Peace. 

[music plays] And IIIII will always love youuuuuuu... [/music plays]

We now open it up to the floor. For people to say any kind words or memories that they may like to share about Bonus Heroes. 

Comments

• jp1
    jp1 Posts: 1,081 Chairperson of the Boards
    Dust in the wind...
  • spidyjedi84
    spidyjedi84 Posts: 514 Critical Contributor
    Godspeed, Bonus Heroes. You made champing, selling and rechamping Doctor Strange so much easier and helped me get the ISO I needed to push my 3 star roster into championing 4-star rosters. I'll always be thankful for my runs of 4 star draws in heroics of my current BH that let me champ the new meta defining character or nabbing that one cover to take me over 10 covers on a newer character to give me that oomph to cross the finish line. To RNGsus we commend your spirit and pray this transitions to shards will not be as rocky as RISO and supports has been.
  • shardwick
    shardwick Posts: 2,121 Chairperson of the Boards
    I mean, to be fair, heroic events can go Talos themselves.

Anyway, I'll miss opening a hoard and getting a flood of bonus heroes but I won't miss spending like 1k cp in classics and not getting a single BH. They should have just increased the draw rate on them but whatevs.
  • Godzillafan67
    Godzillafan67 Posts: 587 Critical Contributor
    edited November 2019

Bonus Heroes, you were like that friend that I kept asking to help me move and would show up occasionally and sometimes move things I wanted you to.  My fondest memory will be when I finally pulled a JJ cover and you immediately gave me a 2nd.

I'd say more, but Thumper's mother is wise.

• pheregas
    pheregas Posts: 1,721 Chairperson of the Boards

• bluewolf
    bluewolf Posts: 5,729 Chairperson of the Boards
    Alas, poor Bonus Heroes....I hardly knew ye.
  • Friarbundy
    Friarbundy Posts: 118 Tile Toppler
    I promised myself I wasn’t going to cry...
  • randomhero1090
    randomhero1090 Posts: 396 Mover and Shaker
    @Daredevil217

You've outdone yourself.
  • HoundofShadow
    HoundofShadow Posts: 8,004 Chairperson of the Boards
    Should Bonus Hero be forgot,
    and never brought to mind?
    Should Bonus Hero be forgot,
    and days of auld lang syne?
  • pheregas
    pheregas Posts: 1,721 Chairperson of the Boards
    Bonus Heroes Gone
    Shard System Is Underway
    Never Forget Hearts
  • Twomp_thaDJ
    Twomp_thaDJ Posts: 237 Tile Toppler
    Everyone raise a glass...
  • crackninja
    crackninja Posts: 444 Mover and Shaker
    I always liked the way that you'd give me a complete cover, even if it was the wrong color.
    We had such great times getting my squad ready for shield training.
    Fare thee well, bonus heroes!
  • furbear00000
    furbear00000 Posts: 188 Tile Toppler
    F      
  • Therealsmkspy
    Therealsmkspy Posts: 254 Mover and Shaker
    edited November 2019
    Imma gonna miss you BH heroes. You helped me champ so many vaulted characters once vaulting ended. You provided great strategic 5* roster development with the 3 and 4 star tier. You were very kind to me with about 20 five star BH over the years, finishing off or moving along several fives.

Really going to miss you. You're my boy!, bonus heroes!
  • brontag1
    brontag1 Posts: 33 Just Dropped In
    Glares at Mr. Shards.  Shards I new BH, BH was a friend of mine, you are no BH!

• whitecat31
    whitecat31 Posts: 579 Critical Contributor
    Epitaph 
    Is it too late for a second opinion?
  • DyingLegend
    DyingLegend Posts: 1,203 Chairperson of the Boards
    I feel like I would have pulled 2 or 3 bonus heroes today in the three star field..... 

New method is going to be painstakingly slow...... 

They should have done shards and bonus heroes.

I feel like im going to be done with the game after the holiday season. The quality of life changes aren't coming, game is getting progressively more tedious at every junction.
  • PuceMoose
    PuceMoose Posts: 1,445 Chairperson of the Boards
    We now open it up to the floor. For people to say any kind words or memories that they may like to share about Bonus Heroes. 

I'm still in 4-star land, but I do use Kitty Pryde, simply because of how effective she is with Grockett for... nearly everything. I don't think I've had a bonus 5* this year, but I remember the last one - I pulled a yellow Kitty, and a BONUS yellow Kitty, bringing her up to (3/5/2 , level 360, where she still is). It felt like two years of progress in one token opening, which was a great feeling. 

I also had a Heroic Ten Pack that was c-r-a-z-y thanks to bonus heroes, even though it didn't contain any 4-stars. I ended up THIRTEEN THREE STARS (8 3-stars and 5 bonus 3-stars, plus two two-stars), which, while not exactly memorable from a "moving my roster forward" standpoint, was kind of exciting for the "Holy cow! The Lost city of Eldorado! nuttin' but gold!" coming out of the tokens. 
  • JackTenrec
    JackTenrec Posts: 808 Critical Contributor
    Farewell, Bonus Heroes, we hardly knew ye.  But mainly because you kept refusing to show up.