Season 1 Scores/Rankings

Options
2»

Comments

• avs962
    avs962 Posts: 319 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    First in my bracket was 17893. Tenth had 15329. I was 263rd with 9981 (I just barely got the 10,000 point reward, then lost shortly after)
  • Unknown
    Options
    season points total for me 12,758 for rank 26. leader coffeeandbacon ( 15694 ) and bowgentle ( 15659 )had a good back anad forth at the end gj guys 10th 14661
  • Unknown
    Options
    Bargnani came from nowhere I think. Otherwise the placing was pretty consistent since the 2nd tourney. Almost only forumites there.

zcN2lg8.png
  • Unknown
    Options
    #1 laoahpeh 18037
    #2 (me) 17080
    #3 sauce 1632
    The rest: below 14907

Lao had about a 200-300 point lead befoe accounting for shield training. I didn't care to even try, so I just pushed to make sure I broke 17k (because I told my alliance I was gonna break that before being done). I think sauce didn't care and the #4-8 eemed.to stay relatively the same for many hours near the end oddly.even though less than 100 pts seperated some of them.

I scored a little over 2300 in shield, so I assume Lao must have hit 2900 or so.

Also, day 187 here.

And dang, that bowgentle/coffee bracket looks pretty low. As does ducky's. I can only.imagine how bad this next season will be now that they "death bracket". .... Luckily the rewards remained awful so lol. Not that.big a deal outside alliances.
  • Unknown
    Options
    finwe wrote:
    Bargnani came from nowhere I think. Otherwise the placing was pretty consistent since the 2nd tourney. Almost only forumites there.

zcN2lg8.png

And then when I hit submit you've already posted it and I could have said nothing...lol
  • Unknown
    Options
    finwe wrote:

zcN2lg8.png

And then when I hit submit you've already posted it and I could have said nothing...lol

Grats to all you guys that finished at top, I def burned out and stopped caring towards the last week or so.
    My shield training score was also a pathetic 1000 ahha
  • Unknown
    Options
    Well if not for the season, at least I beat you on the score post icon_razz.gif

Next season I'm definitely out of the race. I was so burned out, last 2 tourneys I didn't even break 900 and farmed SHIELD just enough to stay top 5.
  • Unknown
    Options
    Day 84
    #1 - 17893
    #10 - 15329
    #16 - 15023(me)

kinda unlucky bracket for my score
  • Unknown
    Options
    Impulse wrote:
    10605, 84th place. Day 162.

First is reckless, 20931. Tenth is 14200.

This was my bracket, too. I ended up second and that's exactly where I knew I would be when I realized I was in the same bracket as reckless 3 weeks ago.
  • Unknown
    Options
    Day 117

#1 Beezer37_84 18533
    (me)#17 13827
    #21 13480

just a few spots behind MTGOFerret
  • Unknown
    Options
    pasa_ wrote:
    Day 159

#1 Nemek 17239
    #3 Colognoisseur 15507
    #10 wathombe 14323
    #11 me 14274 (dropped from #10 in last 15 mins, at -30m had a serious play error resulting full wipe and loss)

Oof, is that what happened? Sorry, man. I still thought you were going to catch me. I rushed one last SHIELD battle that finished with under one minute left. It was close to a 50-pointer, so it probably mattered.

Poor Chimaera (who was in 12th at 14224) was swamped at work and couldn't play at the death at all. His score didn't move at all for the last hour at least.

For reference, I am on day 156. Not too far from pasa_!

For further reference, Ryz was 2nd, bughunt was 4th, and clintman was 5th in that bracket of death.

EDIT:
    Oh, and in case it's interesting, I figured up the following simple stats for myself:
    SHIELD Sim final score: 1847
    Mean event score (not including SHIELD Sim): 1040
    Median event score (not including SHIELD Sim): 1044
    Highest event score: 1195 (Top Gun 1, aka Kyipgate)
    Lowest event score: 909 (Top Gun 2, aka "Rags rewards AGAIN?!")

If you're looking to push higher up the leaderboard in season 2, those numbers might give you an idea of what to shoot for. Personally, if I had started pushing SHIELD Sim a day or two earlier than I did (I was still under 400 on Monday), I think I could have threatened the top 5 (though I know that all three of the players in the 3-5 spots could have turned on the afterburners had they needed to).
  • Unknown
    Options
    wathombe wrote:
    pasa_ wrote:
    Day 159

#1 Nemek 17239
    #3 Colognoisseur 15507
    #10 wathombe 14323
    #11 me 14274 (dropped from #10 in last 15 mins, at -30m had a serious play error resulting full wipe and loss)

Oof, is that what happened? Sorry, man. I still thought you were going to catch me. I rushed one last SHIELD battle that finished with under one minute left. It was close to a 50-pointer, so it probably mattered.

Poor Chimaera (who was in 12th at 14224) was swamped at work and couldn't play at the death at all. His score didn't move at all for the last hour at least.

For reference, I am on day 156. Not too far from pasa_!

For further reference, Ryz was 2nd, bughunt was 4th, and clintman was 5th in that bracket of death.

No problem at all, I originally expected to be at #11, was surprised to elevate to #8 temporarily and thought Chimaera will surely go -- just played some games in shield with the defense team for last fun then suddenly moved up stumbling on 2 40+ pts offers. After the mentioned mistake (underestimated effect of 4 anger leaving my hulk at 6k against theirs at 2k, and he he finished mine at 600...) playes a couple games with spiderman (RIP) on spidey teams, I hardly ever used him so was good to take for a ride in PVP for a change, before getting the bagman treatment.

Good job moving in, really.
  • Unknown
    Options
    pasa_ wrote:
    Good job moving in, really.

Thanks! It was fun at the end, and would have been even if I had missed the top 10 (same number of cover packs above 25, anyway). Maybe you, Chimaera, and I will wind up in a rematch bracket for season 2!
  • Unknown
    Options
    finwe wrote:
    Well if not for the season, at least I beat you on the score post icon_razz.gif

Next season I'm definitely out of the race. I was so burned out, last 2 tourneys I didn't even break 900 and farmed SHIELD just enough to stay top 5.

I might still regularly hit 1100 often, but I'm not gonna push it probably aube finish around 14-15k if I had go guess? . I mean, it "only" takes about 2 hrs of playing to reach 1100 range, so doing that over the course of 2 1/2 days isn't so bad. Now that its dawning on me that fury won't be in packs for a long time and ill.have to wait a very long time before using these 10 packs to have him in them...I am further unenthused. I hate it when games pull the "early release" game. It always translates to "let's release a cover ppl want, don't let them have any.chance to get it besides a direct purchase, then a while later open it to "the public" at which point ppl don't care anymore. It is what it is...and while I can't fault them necessarily using another business ploy....I dont have go like it.

Honestly, I think I am going.to rummage the app store soon and see if there is an interesting game that isnt so time consuming. (Doesn't mean i will up and quit yet, just try AMD see if there is something solo to get into). Heck, when I downloaded this I was coming off almost a year of bahamut (which went the way of iap hell, though it was never as good as this in the first place anyway and had trading, which was awesome while they had it, but lead to problems that they responded to by basically garfunkling the game). I didn't want a time consuming game.

Heh, I can still remember playing the first few prologue lvls and thinking "well this is fun. And it has story too? Awesome." Thought I could play the game relatively relaxed in my own bubble. Then I played some PvP, thought it was okay...top 2ed my first event and....my competetive side kicked in (sigh...). Of course the prologue is never added to and I can never really enjoy the pve content because its just story wrapped in competition..which means I skip parts and grind and..just blah. Wish I could go back to the feeling I had in November, tho the game (just like it was with bahamut for me) is so far gone from that spot that I know i'll never feel.that way about the game again. It's still a good game, but honestly, I am far too invested atm (despite barely playing anymore..just enough to top 10 everything..which is probably a total of 7-9 hrs a week...which is about an hour a day. Not awful, but when you feel you HAVE to do something...it can feel awful regardless. And yea, an hour a day is casual, but not THAT casual).

This is exactly why I didn't want alliances lol. Makes ppl too invested and start "carrying" other players. I'd love to be in a alliance where we chat, but that are scores feel only like a nice push, and not mandatory. So...

PLS MOVE 3RD COVER BACK TO TOP 10 AND INCREASE TIER SIZES.

yea, not gonna happen *sigh*. On a side note, either I am going to need a new alliance or my alliance needs to be rebuilt. 2-3 ppl min are leaving and one or two either quit already or only play to get the daily now. So, that's going to be some more fun. I feel.like the end of seasons will become an "alliance restructuring" day or week as each 4 week period will slowly seekre ppl leave. Like ppl retiring after a season in a sport (rather fitting). Also, sorry for the ramble..sometimes just saying what you are thinking is helpful.
  • Unknown
    Options
    doneskis wrote:
    finwe wrote:

zcN2lg8.png

Grats to all you guys that finished at top, I def burned out and stopped caring towards the last week or so.
    My shield training score was also a pathetic 1000 ahha

I hit 3000+ in Sim to get spidey (nerf? what nerf?) and 1300 in the last PVP. It was fun thou, i keep imagining soenottelling doing a last minute run but it never materialise. Towards the end, just glad that it's over. Frankly i would never have gotten this far without Sauce and soenottelling pushing and putting pressure on me. so thanks and grats to all!

Next season should be slacker season for me, just going to aim for 900 pts to farm HP. Running low on HPs at the moment.
  • over_clocked
    over_clocked Posts: 3,961
    Options
    What alliances are you in, soenottelling and laoahpeh? I keep forgetting or never see you in events.
  • Unknown
    Options
    locked wrote:
    What alliances are you in, soenottelling and laoahpeh? I keep forgetting or never see you in events.

Batman inc and ...I wanna say a-force?
  • over_clocked
    over_clocked Posts: 3,961
    Options
    Ah yes thanks for reminding me!
  • Unknown
    Options
    yes A-Force.