PVE/PVP ending simultaneously

Gmax101
Gmax101 Posts: 182 Tile Toppler
I dont know how many other people have the same situation, but I hop between a PVE and PVP alliance to pick up the event rewards.

Given that both PVE (a character launch) and the Season ended at the exact same time I had to choose between the two.

Is this likely to be ongoing?

as I had to miss out on either a Wolfsbane cover or Legendary Token and stuff from alliance rewards at season end and covers etc from Carnage event.

Comments

• bluewolf
    bluewolf Posts: 5,729 Chairperson of the Boards
    OJSP said:
    It shouldn't be ongoing, but will likely to happen again next year.
    Daylight Savings Time happened and will happen again.

The Season is a very long event with 10 "subs".  It is defined as a certain length of time and they don't change it to fit daylight saving time.  That basically moved it's end up an hour relative to the PVE which was operating under the Daylight Savings Time.  (since the season started before DST)

IF the PVP season ended the same weekend as DST, and IF there was a normal PVE running that same weekend, there would be no problem.

But I assume the devs have bigger things to worry about than how T100 players can optimize their rewards. Like, say, a flashing AP bar that lies to you.

You could always find a new (hybrid) alliance if needed.
  • LLohm
    LLohm Posts: 84 Match Maker
    They tried changing the end time once a long time ago and many were caught by surprise. Definitely not recommended.

Shields suddenly didn’t cover till end of event and on certain subs, people suddenly had one more hour to grind. It was a mess.

This implementation is perhaps for the best.
  • TPF Alexis
    TPF Alexis Posts: 3,826 Chairperson of the Boards
    I always got the impression that the Devs don't really like people merc-ing. They don't dislike it enough to actively do anything that's going to stop it, but they're certainly not going to bother doing anything to make it easier.