Anyone notice a trend ?

Urukele
Urukele Posts: 2 Just Dropped In
edited November 2019 in MPQ General Discussion
https://streamable.com/uw86a

Will we get to the point where only 4* are used from 5* roster ?

Comments

• The rockett
    The rockett Posts: 2,016 Chairperson of the Boards
    Well you are looking at SIM with almost no time left in the event when many already have their season rank locked so they are # out in SIM.  We have talked at great length the issue with Bishop and Hammer Cap but the Dev team doesn’t care to listen or respond to these questions/concerns/etc to even comment. So at the point many 5* players will put out the troll teams of Gritty + Bishop or HE + Hammer + Peggy (or others) so they can float and get skipped. 
  • Polares
    Polares Posts: 2,643 Chairperson of the Boards
    Man that is pretty SAD. It is so obvious at this point that both Bishop and WorthyCap are broken...

This is a new spin on the dont go 5 (go 5 but dont use them or just use one) :(
  • bluewolf
    bluewolf Posts: 5,729 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited November 2019
    The devs have successfully shut down any discussion of 6* characters by making 4's that punish you for matching 3.  Because really, 6's would be pretty much worthless anyway in the game as it stands, when people can clear nodes on turn 0 sometimes.

So obviously the best thing to do was make the 4's more powerful and relevant.
  • ThaRoadWarrior
    ThaRoadWarrior Posts: 9,387 Chairperson of the Boards
    This is exactly my experience for the last 100pts of Simulator, except I haven't found a way to actually defeat any of these teams with the roster I have. I just have no choice but to skip them until I find a team with no Bishop or WCap. I spent 1800hp on health yesterday trying to get the last 100pts in sim, got as high as 1998, couldn't get over the hump, and just had to walk away. I've decided i'm probably better off chasing wins at this point in there, or just buying the HFH deal for whoever it is lol.
  • DAZ0273
    DAZ0273 Posts: 10,101 Chairperson of the Boards
    It will be no comfort (and is not the same comparison with Bish/Worthy) but the 4* tier is now also trending disturbingly towards Juggernaut in SHIELD Sim which is of course teamed up with Gritty. So basically at this rate nobody will be able to play SHIELD Sim at all with any vague hope of getting beyond a certain point. Maybe that is the plan?
  • ThaRoadWarrior
    ThaRoadWarrior Posts: 9,387 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited November 2019
    OJSP said:
    I spent 1800hp on health yesterday trying to get the last 100pts in sim, got as high as 1998, couldn't get over the hump, and just had to walk away.
    Wow. That's rough. Try Carol Peggy and Hammercap next season.
    I have a 0/4/4 Hammercap, leveled to 145, and I took him and my Hawkeye5 2/5/3 lvl 352 into this Wolfsbane PVP to see how hilarious it might turn out. I went up against a team with a loaner, and a 435 Okoye/ 435 Bolt, and I managed to get them down to just Bolt at 8k hit points before I gassed out, which is probably just because I targeted Okoye before BB. Then I found a team with a champion Robbie and champion Bolt, and I ended up getting killed by the GRRR who i left for last and had cascaded into enough black to 1-shot my wCap.

So my point is this entirely well-balanced character is definitely working as designed when a 0/4/4 with 1 level more than a max-champ 2* can nearly shut down a champion 5* team. I figure a few more levels on him and Hawkeye, and it's probably more of a reliable win team than any of my other 3 5* champions at this point...
  • BoyWonder1914
    BoyWonder1914 Posts: 884 Critical Contributor
    At this point I've turned into one of those players that just get my 10-pack for the PVP season and dip out. The only reason I bothered to go for 575 in the Carnage PVP last night was because my Thorkoye could still beat other Thorkoye's, and BSSM/DD was still a viable option to beat Gritty/Carnage. I looked at the first 5 nodes in Shield Sim, laughed, and enjoyed the rest of my weekend.