Is Carnage the absolute worst PvP?

bluewolf
bluewolf Posts: 5,729 Chairperson of the Boards
edited November 2019 in MPQ General Discussion
I just hate this one. Hate hate hate. What a mess. 

Please never run this again. There are 86 other 4’s in the game, and counting. Plenty of other options. 

Comments

• spidyjedi84
    spidyjedi84 Posts: 514 Critical Contributor
    edited November 2019
    I thought Grockcardusa was a nice reprieve from all the Bishop teams elsewhere, a kind of palate cleanser, if you will, and there are numerous counters that make this an easy to climb event.

Edit: Or ProwlCarDusa, as I used to climb. Very, very health pack neutral team.
  • BigSoftieFF
    BigSoftieFF Posts: 454 Mover and Shaker
    Thank god for the option to turn off animations
  • Chrynos1989
    Chrynos1989 Posts: 328 Mover and Shaker
    edited November 2019
    More annoying is the Great Wall of hammercap in this event, because he’s such a well balanced and absolutely not ridiculous broken champ...
  • DAZ0273
    DAZ0273 Posts: 10,101 Chairperson of the Boards
    Yup - Kitty, Kitty burning bright, in the PvP of the night, Carnage does his attack tile thing, oh look she's phase and conquering
  • Chrynos1989
    OJSP said:
    More annoying is the Great Wall of hammercap in this event, because he’s such a well balanced and absolutely not ridiculous broken champ...
    Try picking a different slice.. I haven't fought any HammerCap this event. A lot of Kitty Medusa though
    Which slice you’re in? S5 is overrun with Barton hammercap teams
  • Chrynos1989
    OJSP said:
    I've been playing S2 in the last 2 years
    What’s the t10 and t5 points thresholds there? I really think about moving, s5 hades become nearly unplayable even at scl7
  • ursopro
    ursopro Posts: 334 Mover and Shaker
    OJSP said:
    I've been playing S2 in the last 2 years
    What’s the t10 and t5 points thresholds there? I really think about moving, s5 hades become nearly unplayable even at scl7
    Same as s5, even lower, but like 85% less flips
  • Chrynos1989
    Sounds actually doable, I really should consider going for s2 next season
  • sambrookjm
    sambrookjm Posts: 2,157 Chairperson of the Boards
    I think the average amount of damage my team has taken in each of the fights has been about 45K or so.  From that, the vast majority of it is from Carnage's attack tiles.  (That doesn't include a match where Gladiathor was able to fire off all three of his powers by turn 5 thanks to multiple Cascades of Doom...even without him being at half health.  Asgardian Tactics + Okoye Boost + Carnage's Special Tiles does a LOT of damage!)

While bringing Gritty to the PvP helps with the strike tiles and Kitty's boost, it also prevents your Carnage from putting out more than one round of his attack tiles.  Meanwhile, Phase and Conquer keeps getting rid of enemy tiles, so their Carnage keeps pumping out stronger ones.  Wile Kitty will boost the weaker ones that you get, it takes some time for that damage to overtake the damage that their Carnage is putting out.

I thought this would be one of the better ones to bring Gritty in, now that I've got them both champed.  It's brutal, no matter who you bring.
  • Reecoh
    Reecoh Posts: 210 Tile Toppler
    I found this one to be much better than the Eddie Venom that was run just prior to it.
  • supergarv
    supergarv Posts: 408 Mover and Shaker
    edited November 2019
    For S2:
    CL7 T5 is around 1100-1200 pts. 2.7.1 is usually allocated though. 2.7.2 has some late climbers, 2.7.3 rarely happens. T10 is 1000ish.

CL8 T5 is blocked by members of a specific alliance. Do not go there unless you want a beating. Usually has 1-2 flips. T10 will probably be around 1000, too.

CL9 T5 is also allocated to that alliance. Usually has also 2 flips. T10 is very hard, usually at around 1300.

Note that there are few players in S2, finding high Qs is very hard at the top end. You can only do 1-2 hops until some people with an ambition to suck the joy out of the game hunt you down. 

Having said that, at least the S2 is very predictable and if you spot the patterns, you can manage, with a lot of frustration tolerance. Maybe you find a small #check room if you’re willing to work in a group. Not many 550 rosters in there. Your season score will greatly suffer when coming here. :-)
  • ThaRoadWarrior
    ThaRoadWarrior Posts: 9,387 Chairperson of the Boards
    Yeah this PVP is one of the few I was happy to 575-and-our as fast as I could.

it was notable however as a good use of Rescue - use that blue to steal all the big attack tiles and then triple-tap on the red. Until your Okoye dies, and then she drops back to having Moonstone-level power damage.
  • jp1
    jp1 Posts: 1,081 Chairperson of the Boards
    I used GED/Medusa/Carnage to pretty good effect. I did only climb to 575 due to time restraints though.
  • bluewolf
    bluewolf Posts: 5,729 Chairperson of the Boards
    Yeah this PVP is one of the few I was happy to 575-and-our as fast as I could.

it was notable however as a good use of Rescue - use that blue to steal all the big attack tiles and then triple-tap on the red. Until your Okoye dies, and then she drops back to having Moonstone-level power damage.
    This PVP is maybe the first time I have regretted leaving Rescue at 2/5/5 as she might have been good for a hop or two.

OJSP said:
    Not sure about the starting time and the ending time for S5, but it looks like the ending time for the season is 1 hour earlier than usual.

So, the ending times could confuse people who usually play right to the end, including those who play S5 PvE.. there could be a potential for... Absolute Carnage.
    Yes, the season ends at the same time as the Strange Sights PVE (thanks to Daylight Savings Time).  Makes coordinating top alliances extra tricky.  And, anyone in S5 PVP will have the season end one hour before the Carnage PVP ends.  Fun stuff!
  • TPF Alexis
    TPF Alexis Posts: 3,826 Chairperson of the Boards
    Reecoh said:
    I found this one to be much better than the Eddie Venom that was run just prior to it.
    Eddie and Ghost Rider PvPs just destroyed me. Medusa/Kitty was able to rock Carnage's PvP no problem once I remembered to re-spec Medusa to 5/4/4 ;)
    I wish I'd seen that note about Dazzler before I played it all, tho. That sounds like a fund team.
  • Southside84
    Southside84 Posts: 93 Match Maker
    Carnage was awful, but I did have some fun running shuri and prowler.  Fortified tile madness!
  • BriMan2222
    BriMan2222 Posts: 1,231 Chairperson of the Boards
    I actually had fun with this pvp. I just champed 5 star daredevil and his purple and his passive were great.   It was nice changing things up. 
  • Cactus_Jack_87
    Cactus_Jack_87 Posts: 210 Tile Toppler
    Sounds actually doable, I really should consider going for s2 next season
    S2 is extremely doable and quite fun, I’m not sure where the complains are coming from. Give it a try, you might enjoy it!
  • SnowcaTT
    SnowcaTT Posts: 3,486 Chairperson of the Boards

supergarv said:
    You can only do 1-2 hops until some people with an ambition to suck the joy out of the game hunt you down. 
    So it's not Carnage that's the absolute worst PVP, it's playing alongside these people that suck joy out of the game?

That sounds terrible, I'd go play wherever friendly folks that have fun reside.