Known Issue: M20 Inadvertently Entered Booster Crafting and the Standard/Legacy Rotation (11/1/19)

Options
LakeStone
LakeStone Posts: 1,377 Community Moderator
edited November 2019 in MtGPQ General Discussion
Hi Everyone - 

We are correcting a situation right now in the game. There was an issue related to the M20 set entering Booster Crafting and the upcoming Standard/Legacy rotation. The M20 set did enter Booster Crafting today and at the same time the Standard/Legacy rotation changed to the new format. We reverted the Standard/Legacy rotation back already (just now), but had to take the M20 collection off Booster Crafting again. We are working on a Data Push to get the M20 set back into Booster Crafting.

We apologize for any inconvenience this caused.

Comments

• Julie71
    Julie71 MTGPQ Mod Posts: 707 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Ty I'm just not ready to lose my stv swindle combo yet. 
  • morgue427
    morgue427 Posts: 783 Critical Contributor
    Options
    it took me a bit to realize what happened, but once i did i scrambled to remake decks for events, going to hurt a lot of the multicolor decks alot. brokehan got nerfed hard , he will still work but it will be harder for him to wreck you out of the gate. masybe people can start to learn how to use mono colors again
  • wereotter
    wereotter Posts: 2,064 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Julie71 said:
    Ty I'm just not ready to lose my stv swindle combo yet. 

• ElfNeedsFood
    ElfNeedsFood Posts: 944 Critical Contributor
    Options
    morgue427 said:
    it took me a bit to realize what happened, but once i did i scrambled to remake decks for events, going to hurt a lot of the multicolor decks alot. brokehan got nerfed hard , he will still work but it will be harder for him to wreck you out of the gate. masybe people can start to learn how to use mono colors again
    A change to the meta might be a good thing!  It seems all of this set's walkers are mono walkers...  We do have two new Multi's coming with Throne of Eldraine though.
  • Ampersand
    Ampersand Posts: 206 Tile Toppler
    Options
    I think I see what they are doing with the meta, and if I'm right, I like it.

My read on it is that they are pushing more playable mono walkers and reducing the amount of gem changers that benefit multicolored PWs. Effects like "change X gems to your PWs colors" are significantly more powerful with a mono walker.

Hence, if you want speed, go mono. It might turn out to be a good way to gently balance multicolored PWs without having to actually rework the PW abilities etc.
  • Mburn7
    Mburn7 Posts: 3,427 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    morgue427 said:
    A change to the meta might be a good thing!  It seems all of this set's walkers are mono walkers...  We do have two new Multi's coming with Throne of Eldraine though.
    A change to the meta would definitely be a good thing, although since Planeswalkers don't rotate like the cards do then Multis will almost always be a better option than monos.

The fact that M20's walkers are all mono colored is more because Core sets in paper are mostly mono walkers (since it is supposed to be a bit of an introductory set for new players) than because of any specific balancing effort.
  • ElfNeedsFood
    ElfNeedsFood Posts: 944 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Mburn7 said:
    morgue427 said:
    A change to the meta would definitely be a good thing, although since Planeswalkers don't rotate like the cards do then Multis will almost always be a better option than monos.

The fact that M20's walkers are all mono colored is more because Core sets in paper are mostly mono walkers (since it is supposed to be a bit of an introductory set for new players) than because of any specific balancing effort.
    I agree. The colors of the walkers and to some extent ability types are driven by paper, where multi color is a strict disadvantage (harder to cast). 

Mana gains, ability tweaking, loyalty costs,  etc are in D3's realm.
  • morgue427
    morgue427 Posts: 783 Critical Contributor
    Options
    and all this works fine for monos as long as they arent tied to failed mechanics that are used for one set and then gone, so far they seem to be open to further sets seems good
  • TheBigBad
    TheBigBad Posts: 15 Just Dropped In
    Options
    LakeStone said:
    ... We are working on a Data Push to get the M20 set back into Booster Crafting.

M20 is back, but Ixalan [XLN] is gone from Booster Crafting.
  • Brigby
    Brigby ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 7,757 Site Admin
    Options
    TheBigBad said:
    LakeStone said:
    ... We are working on a Data Push to get the M20 set back into Booster Crafting.

M20 is back, but Ixalan [XLN] is gone from Booster Crafting.
    Ixalan should be back in Booster Crafting by now :) Thanks for your patience and understanding!