Standard format changed

Options
Windy
Windy Posts: 79 Match Maker
At the turn of the hour, 12min ago, ixi, RIX, dom and M19 are no longer available for RT, seems they somehow rotated by accident. Also crafting is moved to legacy for these sets. 

Comments

• DragonSorcerer
    DragonSorcerer Posts: 182 Tile Toppler
    Options
    Agreed. I'm playing RT with the new standard against decks with cards that I'm not allowed 
  • Panneo
    Panneo Posts: 21 Just Dropped In
    Options
    Dito, for RT it's annoying, but I just crafted all missing Spark-rares for 1000 each.
  • Windy
    Options
    It actually holds for all events that require standard. Seems like they changed standard ahead of schedule (and I guess unplanned) 
  • greenmeanie
    greenmeanie Posts: 123 Tile Toppler
    Options
    It sucks and it doesn't suck.  It sucks because I was just getting close to having all the mythics from legacy before the rotation.  Now I'm back into the 50s.  Might have to break down and purchase vip for a few months.

It doesn't suck because it's time to see some new decks and come up with some new ones.  I was getting tired off either playing the same cards or facing them.  Also this will make it more competitive for newbies for awhile.
  • greenmeanie
    greenmeanie Posts: 123 Tile Toppler
    edited November 2019
    Options
    @Brigby Just was reading the November sneak peek, it says the current standard still has Ixalan series, m19 and  dorminaria.
  • Mburn7
    Mburn7 Posts: 3,427 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    @Oktagon_Support @Brigby @Tombstone

I assume this is a bug, since Standard should not rotate until Eldraine comes out and definitely should not rotate because of crafting (I vaguely remember a similar issue occurring when DOM or M19 was released for crafting as well).

Please get on this ASAP.  Luckily it shouldn't effect this weekend's coalition event, but it's still a big problem.
  • ArielSira
    ArielSira Posts: 490 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    I had saved 8 non dupe Legacy boosters for the rotation but the card selection for that pack hasn't changed. Is this intended (i.e. saving up is useless) or will this be corrected at a later date @Brigby ?
  • Windy
    Options
    Maybe the inclusion of 3 new commons from the Throne set in trick or treat event has caused this and somehow forced the rotation. Just trying to get my head around this. 
  • Theophilus
    Theophilus Posts: 123 Tile Toppler
    Options
    @ArielSira Just a heads up. I've heard those non-dupe legacy packs are giving dupes at the moment.
  • versemage
    versemage Posts: 123 Tile Toppler
    Options
    Can we get an "official" response here? @Brigby, @LakeStone, @somebody? I just wanna know if this is a glitch or us this the actual genuine rotation if standard? Reason being, I, for the most part, only build standard decks, with a few obvious exceptions (ie. A werewolf deck without werewolves is just crazy talk, am I right?). So I need to know if I should start updating all my decks (if it's "official") or just build event decks (if it's a glitch). Please respond so I can wade into RT. Remember, enquiring minds want to know.
  • LakeStone
    LakeStone Posts: 1,377 Community Moderator
    Options
    versemage said:
    Can we get an "official" response here? @Brigby, @LakeStone, @somebody? I just wanna know if this is a glitch or us this the actual genuine rotation if standard? Reason being, I, for the most part, only build standard decks, with a few obvious exceptions (ie. A werewolf deck without werewolves is just crazy talk, am I right?). So I need to know if I should start updating all my decks (if it's "official") or just build event decks (if it's a glitch). Please respond so I can wade into RT. Remember, enquiring minds want to know.
    This was in error.  We just put up a message just now. https://forums.d3go.com/discussion/80239/known-issue-m20-inadvertently-entering-booster-crafting-and-the-standard-legacy-rotation-11-1-19#latest
  • ArielSira
    ArielSira Posts: 490 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    @Lakestone during this format change the contents of the non dupe Legacy packs didn't change. Will this be the case as well when the actual Standard comes along, or will sets like DOM, M19 etc also be added to those packs?