Brave New World Moves Tiles while 5* Infinite Power is in Effect

TPF Alexis
TPF Alexis Posts: 3,826 Chairperson of the Boards
This was in Black Panther's PvP. I was running Grocket and Kitty against GED and Thano5. Almost had the win, but then Doom fired Brave New World, which made a bunch of matches and cascaded into wiping my entire team. I know Infinite Power won't stop a regular Board Shuffle (when there are no moves available), but BNW isn't a regular Board Shuffle, since it can make matches, more like Illusions of Hair Meddle, which I know are blocked by Infinite Power.
Intended or bug?

Comments

• ThaRoadWarrior
    ThaRoadWarrior Posts: 9,126 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited October 2019
    The power description says “tiles may still be moved and matched” on it; I’ve always taken it for granted you can shuffle the board so long as you aren’t converting or destroying tiles.
  • TPF Alexis
    Huh. I wonder if that got changed at some point. What I recalled was what the wiki says, which only has an exception for tiles being matched, not other forms of moving them. Not actually a bug then, I reckon.
  • ThaRoadWarrior
    I wonder if it didn't get stealth-changed specifically in advance of New World Order going live?
  • TPF Alexis
    The phrasing wasn't changed for any of the other powers that were affected, tho. I guess it's also possible that the Wiki has always been wrong, and I only ever read it there, because my Thano5 is effectively unusable.
  • JSP869
    JSP869 Posts: 820 Critical Contributor
    Simple test.

Find a 5Thanos team, take in a high defense team (so you can stay alive without killing off the AI) with Loki, who has a very cheap board shuffle that does nothing but shuffle the board, let the AI collect Purple then wait for Thanos to use Infinite Power, then try to cast Illusions.

If you cannot, then Doom being able to cast Brave New World while Infinite Power is in play is obviously a bug.
  • TPF Alexis
    JSP869 said:
    Simple test.

Find a 5Thanos team, take in a high defense team (so you can stay alive without killing off the AI) with Loki, who has a very cheap board shuffle that does nothing but shuffle the board, let the AI collect Purple then wait for Thanos to use Infinite Power, then try to cast Illusions.

If you cannot, then Doom being able to cast Brave New World while Infinite Power is in play is obviously a bug.
    I'm not sure that would settle it. It's entirely possible that Board Shuffle and Tile Swaps are considered different mechanics.
    Also, as noted, regardless of what it may have said in the past, the current wording allows other powers to move tiles, so it's working as intended.
  • ThaRoadWarrior
    You'd have to try it with Quake probably.