Switched from iPhone to Galaxy S5 and confused

Options
When I load the app and click the settings tab I do not see an option to Log in with Facebook. I only see Log in with Google+. There is an option to "Save Backup using Facebook" but when I click this it tells me I already have 1 save to Facebook and asks me if I want to over write that and create a new file. I have put 100s of hours into this game and I dont want to lose everything I worked for, any suggestions?

Comments

• KillStormFirst
    KillStormFirst Posts: 140 Tile Toppler
    Options
    Click the envelope and send them an email (which will include device info) letting them know your name, username and that you've switched devices. They should be able to sync it up for you and fix the FB issue.
  • Unknown
    Options
    I wrote them and have not heard back. Seems like more people would experience the same thing as me but who knows. Wondering if the problem is the devices I use? I play 95% of the time on my iPad while at home but when I am on the go I like to play a little on my phone. Since my phone is now Android powered would that change things? It's all tied through facebook so I doubt it, just throwing out ideas.

Has anyone ever accidentally over written their data - is it possible to get it back? Would the facebook programming be dumb enough to allow me to accidentally over write 100s of game hours and characters to "start over" on a new device?
  • Unknown
    Options
    Can you post the EXACT wording on the pop-up?

I recently switched from a Samsung Galaxy S3 to a Galaxy Note 3 and the wording confused me too, but it was able to load my facebook save ok. (I also use same account on my iPad)
  • KillStormFirst
    KillStormFirst Posts: 140 Tile Toppler
    Options
    todd425 wrote:
    I wrote them and have not heard back. Seems like more people would experience the same thing as me but who knows. Wondering if the problem is the devices I use? I play 95% of the time on my iPad while at home but when I am on the go I like to play a little on my phone. Since my phone is now Android powered would that change things? It's all tied through facebook so I doubt it, just throwing out ideas.

Has anyone ever accidentally over written their data - is it possible to get it back? Would the facebook programming be dumb enough to allow me to accidentally over write 100s of game hours and characters to "start over" on a new device?

I play on both as well and ran into something similar except reversed (sync issues on iPad but worked fine on galaxy) sent the email and about a day or two later they had fixed it. It might take them longer to address your issue due to the amount of emails being received currently due to Spidey changes and new events. Also in the mean time as long as the facebook account on the phone app and the facebook account synced with MPQ are the same -- I'd try the create new file option but only if you still have full access/progress on your iPad. Or wait for them to respond..
  • Unknown
    Options
    I bit the bullet and did it and thankfully it worked as desired. I think the confusing part was them saying "You can only save 1 game to facebook do you want to overwrite your CURRENT game data". To me "current game data" meant the game I was currently playing for months but I think they meant to say NEW GAME data. With New Game data being the game you "started" 30 seconds ago when the app first loaded. To be clear they should have said "Do you want to overwrite your brand new game data with the existing data you have saved on facebook?" Would have saved me a lot of stress!
  • Unknown
    Options
    They really need to sort their wording out but im guessing with the way the game is atm im sure its pretty low on their 'to do' list. Just brought myself a Galaxy S4 and want to play using both my Nexus 7 and Samsung S4 had the same wording as you and am still bricking it that im going to lose my 150day progression asewell as every cover ive got. do u know if u can play on both devices ie switch between the two depending on where u are in the world work/home or if once uve switched ur then bound to the new device unless u resync to the other etc etc?
    Glad to hear it worked btw.
  • jojeda654
    jojeda654 Posts: 1,162 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    thymantric wrote:
    They really need to sort their wording out but im guessing with the way the game is atm im sure its pretty low on their 'to do' list. Just brought myself a Galaxy S4 and want to play using both my Nexus 7 and Samsung S4 had the same wording as you and am still bricking it that im going to lose my 150day progression asewell as every cover ive got. do u know if u can play on both devices ie switch between the two depending on where u are in the world work/home or if once uve switched ur then bound to the new device unless u resync to the other etc etc?
    Glad to hear it worked btw.

I have both a Nexus 4 and a Nexus 7. You CAN play on both devices and have your progress synced. However, if you do not finish a match before you switch, it will be set as a retreat. You WILL lose health and points.

I constantly wipe my phone, so I have to reload my saves from all my games quite often. I can assure you it is safe to ignore the warning. This is not the only game I play where the warning seems to imply that your old cloud save will be overwritten with the newer one.
  • Unknown
    Options
    I play mainly on my iPad and when I play on my phone I get a message that I need to log in again because I last played on a different device - takes like 5 seconds. So if I can play across platforms you should have no issues between Nexus.
  • todd425 wrote:
    I bit the bullet and did it and thankfully it worked as desired. I think the confusing part was them saying "You can only save 1 game to facebook do you want to overwrite your CURRENT game data". To me "current game data" meant the game I was currently playing for months but I think they meant to say NEW GAME data. With New Game data being the game you "started" 30 seconds ago when the app first loaded. To be clear they should have said "Do you want to overwrite your brand new game data with the existing data you have saved on facebook?" Would have saved me a lot of stress!

THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU for posting this. I was soooo upset that I couldn't log in with g+ & was so worried with the statement about signing in with FB. I was able to get back in & keep playing. Thanks again!!