New Character Blog - Carnage (Prophet of Knull) (10/24/19)

Options
LakeStone
LakeStone Posts: 1,377 Community Moderator
edited October 2019 in MPQ General Discussion
Hi Everyone - 

The new character blog continues today with Carnage (Prophet of Knull). We hope you enjoy some fun information from the team that helps you get familiar with the character and the design from the team.

Enjoy the brief read!

New Character Blog - Carnage (Prophet of Knull)

Comments

• Thanos
    Thanos Posts: 722 Critical Contributor
    Options
    They must be talking about another game.....
  • Dancing_Lass
    Dancing_Lass Posts: 14 Just Dropped In
    Options
    This is so funny..... Trying to hard sell a 5* flop...

Interesting effort though... Makes our day by making us ROFL....
  • ThaRoadWarrior
    ThaRoadWarrior Posts: 9,187 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I was really hoping for one of these blogs that would actually drill down into why his numbers look like they do, but this one not only doesn't do that, it seems to be describing a character with very different numbers than are present. I'm really hopeful that he's going to turn out to be somehow doing something not obvious in practice that we are all missing.
  • HoundofShadow
    HoundofShadow Posts: 8,004 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited October 2019
    Options
    His good teammates seems to be Eddie Brock and Prowler.

There are at least 3 enemy special tiles (EST) at the start of your turn a.k.a your second turn and onwards. The following turn you'll have at least 4 enemy A&P tiles.
    On your third turn, he will get an auto-match with free ap gain. Meanwhile, Prowler will be fortifying those tiles.

Seeing the recent change in how matching and destroying tiles work, it's probable that when he matches 2 fortified enemy SPA tiles, he should generate two attack tiles, based on similar wordings with 3* Hawkeye.

It could be an irritating team due to the constant fortifying and churning of protect tiles. 
  • Yepyep
    Yepyep Posts: 952 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Honestly, I haven't even read the announcement page about the new Carnage. Another new 5* that I'll never champ. I have 10 others I'll never champ queued before him...

But keep them coming!
  • Sm0keyJ0e
    Sm0keyJ0e Posts: 730 Critical Contributor
    edited October 2019
    Options
    His good teammates seems to be Eddie Brock and Prowler.

There are at least 3 enemy special tiles (EST) at the start of your turn a.k.a your second turn and onwards. The following turn you'll have at least 4 enemy A&P tiles.
    On your third turn, he will get an auto-match with free ap gain. Meanwhile, Prowler will be fortifying those tiles.

Seeing the recent change in how matching and destroying tiles work, it's probable that when he matches 2 fortified enemy SPA tiles, he should generate two attack tiles, based on similar wordings with 3* Hawkeye.

It could be an irritating team due to the constant fortifying and churning of protect tiles. 

Leave it to you to even try and defend this dumpster fire of a 5*.

But yes, that is what the player base has been clamoring for, more horrible 5*'s that are marginally better when paired with toons a tier below them...
  • jp1
    jp1 Posts: 1,070 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
     Bringing the god-charged version of an already powerful character in the game was a challenge, and this version of Cletus Kasady brings that power in a big way.”

Where is that gif?
  • Tony_Foot
    Tony_Foot Posts: 1,723 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    To get prof I need to pull this garbage in the same way I have KP on my roster. They can sit together on the bench.
  • crackninja
    crackninja Posts: 444 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    I've come to the conclusion that they write these articles to the casual player that will never champ a 5* and only has s handful of 4* champs at best (but still spends more money than one might think).  From that perspective, maybe he is good.  For anybody that will actually use him... like others have said, hopefully we're missing something here.
  • Yepyep
    Yepyep Posts: 952 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Tony_Foot said:
    To get prof I need to pull this garbage in the same way I have KP on my roster. They can sit together on the bench.
    In my comment above I had actually typed “Carbage” but fixed it so as not to be even more nihilistic than I was already... it’s not new, but it’s still good. 
  • wymtime
    wymtime Posts: 3,757 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I don't know what's scarier. The character animations or the fact that the dev team believes he's an acceptable addition to the 5* tier.
    Definatly the scarier thought is the dev team believes he’s an acceptable 5*.  His green animation looks like he is destroying tiles with his guts which is more disgusting and gross than scary.    The animations are still satisfying but lean more to gross than scary just like his power strength grossly underwhelming 
  • St_Bernadus
    St_Bernadus Posts: 604 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Wow that read like a press release not a blog discussing how they developed the character. 
    And I am probably going to pull a whole lot of him when I pull for the Prof and Bobby.
  • tiomono
    tiomono Posts: 1,654 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited October 2019
    Options
    I just finished my Bobby. So I'm going back to dillution land of classics with all my cp. I dont see carnage changing up my playstyle much so I'm happy to not cover him. I'm even ok skipping professor x who is currently at  4-0-3 for me.
  • St_Bernadus
    St_Bernadus Posts: 604 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Wow that read like a press release not a blog discussing how they developed the character. 
    And I am probably going to pull a whole lot of him when I pull for the Prof and Bobby.
    Would you not rather blow a hoard now on storm, ice and PX?
    That has been my debate for the last several weeks. Waiting for the new feature (along with not having a good Bolt) has me thinking of not chasing Storm. I will also have more pulls then. But still I go back and forth.