Steam server down 10/22 AM (and now PM) [Investigating]

Options
SnowcaTT
SnowcaTT Posts: 3,486 Chairperson of the Boards
Mobile users seem fine, the PC/Steam server is down and has been for an hour - please reset.

(Had a good few hours around 7:00-11:30 West coast, down again now)

Comments

• SnowcaTT
    edited October 2019
    Options
    It popped up long enough for one DDQ match but was gone again by the time I finished it.

(Testing on laptop with Windows 7 and desktop with windows 10, both obviously have internet connection...)

Edit again - it's continuing to pop up for maybe 5 minutes in every 10, long enough to get one or two matches in then wait another five minutes.
  • SnowcaTT
    Options
    Two matches in that time! Two hours later and I'm -almost- done with DDQ.
  • spidyjedi84
    spidyjedi84 Posts: 514 Critical Contributor
    edited October 2019
    Options
    I guess I'll hope this gets fixed by this afternoon.
  • Chipster22
    Chipster22 Posts: 297 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    I'm on Android and have had off and on connection problems for the last couple hours.
  • SnowcaTT
    Options
    Oooh, that was 5+ minutes of uptime...the longest I've seen in three hours now. I was hopeful for those several PVE matches I got in!

Helpful hint: backups on a game that is very time sensitive are not a bad thing!

Otherwise, things like PVE may need to go to all progression only. THE HORROR.
  • spidyjedi84
    edited October 2019
    Options
    Any mods or developers have an ETA when this issue is getting fixed? This is about to impact my placement in an event where I'll miss out on ISO and Red ISO rewards.

@Brigby @Tombstone @IceIX - This has been an all day off and on outage. We're now at 6 p.m. CDT, and I can't get in to complete dailies or my PVE clears with a 10 p.m. reset. Granted, I am not going to get top 50 placement in this event, it's still ISO I was looking to use to champ a 4-star on my roster.
  • Waddles_Pines
    Waddles_Pines Posts: 1,192 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited October 2019
    Options
    Yep down for me too.  Posting here cause I can't send a ticket  :D

So, basically I'm out a 3*, 4*, iso, tokens, etc. from the BP pvp... Ugh, and there goes my season rank too... 

Worst part is the game loaded, let me into a slice, let me win a then seed, then kaput.  Had to check here that things were down...

I'm expecting pitchforks when the comp winds up being something like 100hp, 1000iso...
  • StevO-J
    StevO-J Posts: 746 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Playing Lightning Rounds, on mobile.. connection was very patchy all of a sudden. Thought it was my connection at first,  so switched to WiFi, did not improve. Servers were unreachable it seems for the last few minutes of this LR. 
  • formula11
    formula11 Posts: 68 Match Maker
    Options
    Just a loading screen for me no % just loading 
  • sinnerjfl
    sinnerjfl Posts: 1,260 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    It was loading before, getting stuck on 100%...  now its not loading at all.
  • KenshinUK
    KenshinUK Posts: 91 Match Maker
    Options
    Yep down for me too.  Posting here cause I can't send a ticket  :D

So, basically I'm out a 3*, 4*, iso, tokens, etc. from the BP pvp... Ugh, and there goes my season rank too... 

Worst part is the game loaded, let me into a slice, let me win a then seed, then kaput.  Had to check here that things were down...

I'm expecting pitchforks when the comp winds up being something like 100hp, 1000iso...
    Same. I was looking at a top50 for pvp season at current rate. No chance now. :(

Also messed up pve for good measure.
  • ursopro
    ursopro Posts: 332 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    per Discord, the devs know, working on it
  • LakeStone
    LakeStone Posts: 1,377 Community Moderator
    Options
    Hi Everyone - We are aware that players are currently experiencing issues logging into the game. We are looking into it now and hope to have a fix soon. We apologize for the inconvenience.
  • Baphometix
    Baphometix Posts: 8 Just Dropped In
    Options
    I've been playing all day, since approximately 10:00 EST, with no issues. Then around 21:00, after winning a match in Lighting Round, the game just froze while loading the awards screen (BSOD). Android OS.
  • shardwick
    shardwick Posts: 2,121 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Yeah, I'm on Amazon and it won't load for me.
  • ZeiramMR
    ZeiramMR Posts: 1,357 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Also having issues on Android. Just wanted to pop on to do today's DDQ.
  • abmoraz
    abmoraz Posts: 712 Critical Contributor
    Options
    LakeStone said:
    Hi Everyone - We are aware that players are currently experiencing issues logging into the game. We are looking into it now and hope to have a fix soon. We apologize for the inconvenience.
    Is it the same DNS issue that's taken down Amazon Web Services?
  • Greenroom
    Greenroom Posts: 71 Match Maker
    Options
    Twitter was down today too but that is a good thing. 
  • turbomoose
    turbomoose Posts: 765 Critical Contributor
    Options
    I use Safari on my iPhone and that’s not working either 

was working earlier, now just a loading screen 
  • spidyjedi84
    edited October 2019
    Options
    Still not fixed on Steam, even though you were celebratory in announcing it was fixed for others.

Edit - Fixed for me this morning finally.