How good is Iceman 5*? To pull or not to pull?

Options
BigND
BigND Posts: 20 Just Dropped In
edited October 2019 in Roster and Level Help
Hi, everyone!
Here is the story. I am mostly pve focused player on SCL9. I have JJ, Kitty and Stange in 450-ish levels. Still struggle a lot with 5E node with 3 movers, especially 5* and 4* mix. I am waiting for a store with Okoye and meanwiile trying to fight 5E node with JJ + Kitty team. If i can get 8 yellow early i am ok, long fight, but winnable, if i can not then alas :-)
So as i also have an Iceman 5* at 3/1/1 and about 160 LTs, i have good chances to champ him before he leaves latest legends. 
My questions are for those of you, who actually play low level champed Iceman 5*, no theorycrafting, please! :-)
Are his stuns consistent enough to shut down one or two of the most dangerous opponent heroes? How good is his yellow skill on defense if i team him with JJ? Does his green skill do enough damage to 515lvl enemies if i team him with Kitty?
In other words, will he make a better team than JJ + Kitty with one of those heroes for easier 5E node clears on 9SCL?
So should i break my hoard for Iceman or wait for better option? To pull or not to pull? That is the question! :-)

Thanks in advance!

Comments

• froggerjohn
    froggerjohn Posts: 373 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Everyone I know in my alliance family absolutely raves about the Iceman/PX combo, and calls the current set of LTs, the best in a long time.

They have competitions for how high they can get the perma-stun countdowns.

I pulled most of my hoard, even knowing I didn't have enough to fully cover them.

My Iceman is 3/4/3, and I found the stun to be very effective, but I can't speak to the damage aspects because I don't play SCL9. (I think only once so far).

• BigND
    Options
    Thanks for the reply! But the thing is that i play SCL9 and Gritty + Juggs do all the job except for 5E node. JJ + Kitty are able to win against 515lvl movers, but not all of them and depend on early yellow skill a lot.
    I will champ Okoye evenually as i have saved cp, but who knows when devs give me another chance with a store. :-) I know that PX and Iceman are the best 5* since perhaps Kitty, but i already have champed one meta team and very good 5* JJ.
    So the questions stay opened. 

Thanks!

• ThaRoadWarrior
    ThaRoadWarrior Posts: 9,166 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I have a 2/3/4 Iceman at lvl 255 and a Jessica Jones at 5/3/4 lvl 435.

I figured I'd give this a shot for you and see what it looked like in Unstable Iso-8 on the 2nd clear of the Sub 1 5e node (arctic circle) at SCL9. 

This node is called Archangel: bulls3y3/Dak3n/Thug

The required character is Archangel, who I have at 1/2/1 lvl 285, so I consider this to be the type of experiment you're probably hoping to see.

I first went in with Iceman and Jessica, and was pretty soundly defeated. The trick on these nodes I find is to take out the goon first, and attempt to starve out the passive AP gain. I didn't win, they killed Jessica, then Iceman, and I retreated.

I then went in with 5torm (5/3/5 lvl 451) as the 3rd on the premise you might be able to get her to a useable state chasing Iceman, and it took me 2 more tries to win, but eventually it worked like I was hoping. The theory here is that you get the board control from 5torm to make sure there is always blue, and to crush the blue for the stun with her green whether or not you have matches available to you. If you can get it rolling, that works okay but it's not a slam dunk.

I have a 5/4/1 Okoye leveled as high as that goes, and with this un-leveled Iceman, it went pretty poorly also. 

So I think it would change things to throw iso into him, but in this state he isn’t going to do what you are looking for I don’t think.
  • BigND
    Options
    Thanks a lot, Warrior! I guess as i suspected Iceman is not worthy :-) The node you described was pretty easy for my JJ 451 (red for strikes) and Kitty 450 (yellow for defense). And ofc goon goes last just to give Kitty enough uses of purple :-)
    I probabely save my hard earned LTs for now. After all current meta is more than a year old. Time to give us new meta char :-) Definitely not the Carnage 5*, maybe next one? :-)
  • ThaRoadWarrior
    ThaRoadWarrior Posts: 9,166 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    It’s hard to really say what he’ll be like if he’s leveled up to match his cover stack. The health pool difference alone would be a game changer if past experience is anything to go by. But at 255 he can’t hang.
  • JackDeath666
    JackDeath666 Posts: 47 Just Dropped In
    Options
    On the harder SCL9 nodes just use Kitty and 4* RnG rather than Kitty and JJ? 
  • BigND
    Options
    On the harder SCL9 nodes just use Kitty and 4* RnG rather than Kitty and JJ? 
    It does not work with three movers of 515lvl, especially with the mix of 5*s and 4*s. Strikes are always matched away with one or two enemies still alive. JJ needs just 9 red ap to generate 5 new strikes and has 58k hp. RnG needs 12 blue ap to make one attack tile per turn and has just 17k hp. The choice is obvious.
  • JackDeath666
    JackDeath666 Posts: 47 Just Dropped In
    Options
    It works for me every day. Sorry you are not having the same experience.