DDQ CotT: Sabretooth vs. You shoulda run, Birthday Runt

qandols
qandols Posts: 1,160 Chairperson of the Boards
Level 273 Sabretooth. Not as simple as one may have thought. Had a slow board but managed a black attack followed by matching a couple of the strikes. Save my read attack for the coup de grace. Forgot about the runt's healing. Yikes! Suddenly the runt was full health while I was far from it. Swallowed some x-force attacks and had under 1000 health when the board suddenly turned and I got of two volleys of Tooth-and-nail. Won with just 287 health left. Fun match though! LT was a IW champ level.

Comments

• TPF Alexis
    TPF Alexis Posts: 3,826 Chairperson of the Boards
    I found it pretty easy at 5/3/5 lvl278. One Tooth & Nail nearly did the trick, and a Happy Birthday followed by matching away one of the Strikes did the rest. Shorty never managed to fire a power.
    Token was a Spider-Gwen champ level.
  • IIAlonditeII
    IIAlonditeII Posts: 150 Tile Toppler
    My 2/2/4 Sabretooth managed to chew through this one on the first try. Level 127.
  • PuceMoose
    PuceMoose Posts: 1,445 Chairperson of the Boards
    My 2/5/4 Sabretooth had a surprisingly easy go of this fight, despite being only level 130. Logan must have been hopping mad, because he stayed at 7 green, 10 black, and 7 yellow for as least half of the fight after an impressive early cascade.

Even at only four covers that red hits HARD - is this the first character that ignores friendly strike tiles? It seems surprisingly strong. 
  • DAZ0273
    DAZ0273 Posts: 9,613 Chairperson of the Boards
    Slash, slash, murder, shred, hack, birthday cake, done!
  • TPF Alexis
    TPF Alexis Posts: 3,826 Chairperson of the Boards
    PuceMoose said:
    Even at only four covers that red hits HARD - is this the first character that ignores friendly strike tiles? It seems surprisingly strong. 
    Yeah, he's the first like that. It would be flat out broken if it also got the buff from Strikes. Still a very strong power even as is.