Pocket Gamer has an MPQ article

Options
bluewolf
bluewolf Posts: 5,293 Chairperson of the Boards
edited October 2019 in MPQ General Discussion
Interview with D3Go VP of Publishing Brian Etheridge.

https://www.pocketgamer.biz/feature/71793/how-players-pushed-marvel-puzzle-quest-beyond-midcore/

I will pull out this quote:

-------

More generally, how has your approach to community changed?

We’ve really tried to just be consistent and deliver the things that players want to know as early as possible.

Specifically, our community really wants to know what events are on the calendar and what an upcoming character’s abilities and strengths look like at every level.

They want to take that information, digest it, and see if the character is worth putting in their team based on their play style.

I would also say that we could always do better, engage with the fans more and get out there with more content, but starting this game as a group with no forums and very little social media presence to speak of, we’ve come a long way!

------

And ask as politely as possible:  Could we please get some forum updates soon?

Comments

• Thanos
    Thanos Posts: 722 Critical Contributor
    Options
    I think that D3 guy is really disconnected from MPQ.

• ursopro
    ursopro Posts: 332 Mover and Shaker
    Options

7characters
  • wymtime
    wymtime Posts: 3,757 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    They also said a big feature this year and a Holliday event.  Fingers crossed the new feature will be something good.
  • pheregas
    pheregas Posts: 1,721 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Something to do when we unwrap that new phone?

The cynic in me instantly read that as new game “enhancements” will render older phones unable to play, so hope you have $700 laying around for a replacement phone!
  • wymtime
    wymtime Posts: 3,757 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    pheregas said:

The cynic in me instantly read that as new game “enhancements” will render older phones unable to play, so hope you have $700 laying around for a replacement phone!
    Only $700???  You are finding a deal on new phones
  • KGB
    KGB Posts: 2,937 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    wymtime said:
    pheregas said:

Only $700???  You are finding a deal on new phones
    Depends I guess on whether you live in the US or not.

You can get a Galaxy S10 for 550-600 US on Amazon (unlocked) or Best Buy (25 a month for 24 months). Black Friday usually offers some sweet deals that will be better than the above (either less money or gift cards worth 100 plus).

Once you get a phone over a year old (Galaxy S9) you can get them in the 350 range.

More than enough Ram/CPU specs to play any new MPQ version.

KGB
  • WEBGAS
    WEBGAS Posts: 474 Mover and Shaker
    edited October 2019
    Options

None of those stataments in the interview were true.
    They lied, well knowing to be lying 
  • fight4thedream
    fight4thedream GLOBAL_MODERATORS Posts: 1,919 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited October 2019
    Options
    ***Mod note: A few posts were removed and a warning issued for thread derailment. Please keep the conversation on topic. If there is a user whose opinions you find intolerable, we ask that you utilize the forum ignore feature. You can access the ignore feature from the Edit Profile page found in your account options (which is located at the top right corner below the forum search bar).

Please remember that the forum is a place to discuss the game. We ask that you do so respectfully. Thank you.
  • bluewolf
    bluewolf Posts: 5,293 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I read the article as the type of things you'd expect a VP to say to a major gaming publication.  Lots of rah rah we are a great team stuff.  That's part of  his job.....praising the people who make this thing work.  Do you want your boss to trash you in interviews with your industry rags?

(Please don't read that as an attempt to excuse their failure to address the many issues in the game that have been stagnating for months....just that my expectations from the interview were not very high in terms of candor and information.....)

I am glad to see them actually hyping something coming, even if it is in an outside publication......  I know they are nervous about telling us things up front (because maybe it won't happen or something) but I truly don't understand why they don't tell the community when they are all hands on deck on a new thing coming.

Based on the article they aren't running off on abandoned projects very much; I assume they must be very selective in their efforts and committed to results once they decide on a course of action, and telling us about things like that would be a big step up in community engagement.  When those things exist, of course.
  • n25philly
    n25philly Posts: 426 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Who wants to bet the the new feature is just an even more expensive bundle?