Brigby ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 7,757 Site Admin
edited October 2019 in MtGPQ General Discussion

3.8.1 Release Notes

General Changes

• Updated Facebook SDK
  • Updated Story Mode banner

Card Changes

Lotus Field
  • Before: "When this support enters the board, destroy another Land support you control. If you can’t, destroy this support. At the beginning of your turn, convert 4 gems to your Planeswalker’s colors."
  • After: "When you cast this support, if you don’t control a card named Lotus Field, destroy another Land support you control. If you can’t, exile this support. At the beginning of your turn, convert 4 gems to your Planeswalker's colors.
Marauding Raptor
  • Before: "While this creature is on the battlefield, your creatures cost 3 less to cast. Whenever another creature enters the battlefield under your control, this creature deals 2 damage to it. If a Dinosaur is dealt damage this way, this creature gets +2/+0 until end of turn." 
  • After: "While this creature is on the battlefield, your Creature cards cost 3 less to cast. Whenever you cast another creature, this creature deals 2 damage to it. If a Dinosaur takes damage this way, this creature gets +2/+0 until end of turn.

Bug Fixes

• [Data Push] Fixed an issue with the Ranking Points in Coalition Events not displaying correctly when first entering the Ranking Screen. *New Update*
  • [Data Push] Fixed an issue where Dreadhorde Arcanist had its mana cost incorrectly reverted from 12 back to 17. *New Update*
  • Fixed an issue with Trostani Discordant's card information remaining on the screen. It is now removed as expected.
  • Mowu, Loyal Companion is no longer repeatedly buffed when casting Finale of Devastation to fetch it while Mowu, Loyal Companion is the player's first creature with Ajani, Greathearted on the board.
  • Awakened Inferno's Booster Reward has been corrected from M20 Rare Exclusive Booster to Regular M20 Booster.
  • Sphinx of the Guildpact is now properly counted as All Colors, instead of Colorless.
  • The Coalition Creation Date is now displayed correctly. 
  • Several RNA Cards are no longer missing from both RNA Boosters and Booster Crafting.
  • The Healer Objective in Duets of Mana now properly tracks life gained throughout the course of the entire fight, not just during a single turn.
  • The Return Creature to Hand prompt is no longer missing when Dream Eater enters the battlefield while the opponent controls a non-land Creature
  • The buffs an Angel card receives from Lyra Dawnbringer are now properly removed when Lyra Dawnbringer is destroyed.

Comments

• Mburn7
    Mburn7 Posts: 3,427 Chairperson of the Boards
    Thanks for the notes!

And great fix on Lotus Fields, this definitely fixes its biggest problem (repeated copies) and any loops it might accidentally fall into.
  • coldity
    coldity Posts: 44 Just Dropped In
    I liked sphinx of the guildpact more when it was colorless.. I mean hey, it's a grey artifact sphinx, even the picture shows it that way ;)

Good to know that the first two bugs mentioned above (trostani stuck on screen and infinite puppy buff) are fixed, finally. 
    Unfortunately it seems, that avaricious dragon destroys still way to much gems more or less at random.
  • ElfNeedsFood
    ElfNeedsFood Posts: 944 Critical Contributor
    The puppy buff had to go, it was breaking people... 

The Discordant bug was pretty impactful too. 

I'm glad to see these patch up quickly.
  • NickBKK
    NickBKK Posts: 89 Match Maker
    @Brigby Dreadhorde Arcanist ‘s mana cost jumped from 12 to 17. Was this intentional?
  • Magic:PQ Support Team
    Magic:PQ Support Team ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 3,259 Chairperson of the Boards
    Hello @NickkBKK

Thank you for the feedback, it's very important to us.
    The card mana cost regression will be applied on the next update version.
  • OmegaLolrus
    OmegaLolrus Posts: 253 Mover and Shaker
    So I've been meaning to ask this since 3.8, but it keeps slipping my mind...

Are the WAR Vanguards just... gone now? Are we going to be able to craft them some day? Are we going to be able to buy the packs again?
  • Mburn7
    So I've been meaning to ask this since 3.8, but it keeps slipping my mind...

Are the WAR Vanguards just... gone now? Are we going to be able to craft them some day? Are we going to be able to buy the packs again?
    I assume that the WAR Vanguard packs will rotate with the M20 Vanguard packs (and whatever other Vanguard Packs end up coming out in the future) similar to how the Elite packs do.

@Brigby an official confirmation would be nice though, since I don't like saying things based on speculation (however logical that speculation may be)
  • Magic:PQ Support Team
    Magic:PQ Support Team ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 3,259 Chairperson of the Boards
    Hello guys,

The WAR Vanguard packs will be rotating with the M20 Vanguard packs.
  • Mburn7
    Hello guys,

Thank you!!
  • OmegaLolrus
    OmegaLolrus Posts: 253 Mover and Shaker
    Given the Oktagon_Support said:
    Hello guys,

Given the kind of disproportionately high number of rare vanguards in WAR, are we going to see them broken down into smaller packs (like most rare/epics are)? For example a rare vanguard pack that only has the black and white Vanguards?

The idea, naturally, being to make getting the rares less horrific. I only got three duplicates in my quest to get all the M20 rare Vanguards, and I'm sure I'm in the minority.
  • FindingHeart8
    FindingHeart8 Posts: 2,730 Chairperson of the Boards
    Nice!! :)
  • Brigby
    Brigby ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 7,757 Site Admin
    *Updated with recent data push changes.
    • [Data Push] Fixed an issue with the Ranking Points in Coalition Events not displaying correctly when first entering the Ranking Screen.
    • [Data Push] Fixed an issue where Dreadhorde Arcanist had its mana cost incorrectly reverted from 12 back to 17.
  • Quantius
    Quantius Posts: 228 Tile Toppler
    Given the Oktagon_Support said:
    Hello guys,

Given the kind of disproportionately high number of rare vanguards in WAR, are we going to see them broken down into smaller packs (like most rare/epics are)? For example a rare vanguard pack that only has the black and white Vanguards?

The idea, naturally, being to make getting the rares less horrific. I only got three duplicates in my quest to get all the M20 rare Vanguards, and I'm sure I'm in the minority.
    Geez, can't believe you went for it. I only have 2 rare vanguards left and I'm scared to even try. And unless it starts raining pinks, I probably won't try.
  • Machine
    Machine Posts: 787 Critical Contributor
    Quantius said:

Geez, can't believe you went for it. I only have 2 rare vanguards left and I'm scared to even try. And unless it starts raining pinks, I probably won't try.
    I don't think that's an unreasonable request. I want to go even further than that. Why are the rare Vanguard packs also not nondupable? The rare elite packs with "normal" rare cards can be crafted. If you want to gamble there, that's up to you. Vanguard cards, however, are not craftable nor are they available in packs.
  • ElfNeedsFood
    ElfNeedsFood Posts: 944 Critical Contributor
    Machine said:
    Quantius said:

I don't think that's an unreasonable request. I want to go even further than that. Why are the rare Vanguard packs also not nondupable? The rare elite packs with "normal" rare cards can be crafted. If you want to gamble there, that's up to you. Vanguard cards, however, are not craftable nor are they available in packs.
    l'll go one further: Why are the Vanguards for pinks at all?  Especially when the "limited edition" ones are for the card of your choice for gold...