DEVS: Give Us All Event Charges Up Front & Match/Glitch Recovery

Options
Merrick_FrontierYeti
Merrick_FrontierYeti Posts: 7 Just Dropped In
edited October 2019 in MtGPQ General Discussion
I've played the game for 2+ years and normally don't post much as I want to keep the game positive.  I'm co-captain of a top 25 team on TP9 (part of @bken1234 Bianca's Army at Hogwarts).  I'm a VIP and before that spent my fair share on the game as I wanted to see improvements to a game I continue to enjoy.

@Brigby congrats on the new role. Please pass on to the devs consider these two fundamental changes that would drastically improve player enjoyment of MTGPQ:

All Event Charges Up Front
1) When a timed event starts, give us all the charges. Let players take whatever part of a weekend or evening they have to complete what they can on an event (especially team coalition events).  That way if you want to run something like Elderspark halfway into Monday when many of my players are working OR end an event that just received fresh charges at 2am (and we have players all over the world so that happens plenty) my players can play all event charges when they are able to sit down for the grind fest.

Match/Glitch Recovery
2) The glitches and bugs through the years have made it difficult to keep players and with every new event comes a new round of game-breaking issues (I just expect it now). PLEASE innovate a "restore" feature when the game crashes with "resume game" so that players can pick up where they left off (you have a battle log to restore the current state of game).  If that's not possible, 4 out of 5 times I can access the menu on a game that has glitched so a button there "reset match" to reset current game would solve most issues with glitches in progress.  

I appreciate having @Brigby helping with QA gives me more confidence in future rollouts.  The above two dev suggestions would significantly improve my enjoyment of the game, lower my player's frustrations, and would certainly lead to higher player retention (which is good for the game and for the bottom line that helps sustain future development).

Thank you,
Merrick 
Team: DimMak
(Andy in Alaska)

PS... I posted this to SUGGESTIONS/IMPROVEMENTS after seeing that channel and cannot find a way to remove this from GENERAL DISCUSSION.  

Comments

• Mburn7
    Mburn7 Posts: 3,427 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Different variations of these ideas have been pitched several times over the years, and I have yet to see an official response to any of them (outside of a generic "we'll look into it" on a couple).

I don't love the "match reset" button because I feel like it would be way too easy to abuse, unless there's a way to only let it work in the event of a freeze, but I do agree something needs to be done.

Here's hoping that 30th time is the charm.
  • Gabrosin
    Gabrosin Posts: 259 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Even if we can't get all our event charges up front, at the very least, please pad the end of an event with a charge-free block of time (typically an extra eight hours).  Surely this one simple change couldn't cost the company anything on any of their metrics, while it would be a huge boon to the playerbase.

And maybe take a long hard look at forcing your coalition players to put in 20 matches a day on a weekend.  Even with the improvements, the six hour timer on the Elderspark's four nodes made me heavily consider quitting the game.  (Losing multiple games to bugs didn't help either.)

• Horadrim
    Horadrim Posts: 124 Tile Toppler
    Options
    I don't get it when D3/Oktagon/Interactive can adjust join in time to more than 12 hrs (I observed this change recently) and yet cannot adjust last charge time to more than 12 hrs. I have also wondered why Trial of the Planes have all charges upfront, while other events do not.
  • FindingHeart8
    FindingHeart8 Posts: 2,730 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    ^^^
    +1 to what these snazzy blokes said above me. :)
  • jtwood
    jtwood Posts: 1,285 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    ^^^
    +1 to what these snazzy blokes said above me. :)
    Even lazier agreement ;)
  • Zzyzzx
    Zzyzzx Posts: 248 Tile Toppler
    Options
    second
  • Bil
    Bil Posts: 831 Critical Contributor
    edited November 2019
    Options
    I wonder if they fear people being demotivated by the full charges upfront in biggest events.
    A customer probably won't have the same feeling when he'll see 45 charges instead of 5 when he logs on fridays. 

The 6 hours last charge, however, is a completely absurd design that already has a very bad impact on players quality of life and commitment. It is even worse when the problem has been pointed out during years. Not acting on this is a pure loose/loose policy and i'd bet the game has already lost numerous players due to it.

• Machine
    Machine Posts: 789 Critical Contributor
    Options
    I'm still waiting for the match / glitch recovery option. During this coalition event (A World Reborn), I wanted to play 2.3. I had 2 charges left on node 2.x. The encounter started, but gave me an error while starting. I tapped "Retry" and the match loaded, seemingly without any issues. When I took the first 3 points of damage from Reclusive Artificer, I noticed that my PW had only 9 life left. So somehow the game thought I lost my match and put my PW down to 12. Nevertheless, I managed to win 2.3. due to a lot of life gain in my deck. But the worst part is, that both charges were gone. So probably it removed one of my charges due to the game thinking the restart of the battle was a loss, which explains putting my PW down to 12 health. I've seen this bug a few times before, but it only pops up during coalition events, where scores and points matter. It demotivates me to lose points like this. The game should be able to check during any error what happened and don't substract a charge if there was not actual battle played.

I won't be sending a ticket to CS for this, because this issue is something they can't help me with. It would just be a waste of my time and add to my frustration. Get your priorities straight and work on a recovery check, sufficient hours to play the final recharge, legacy vs standard toggle and other stuff that really matter. I don't mind if newer content gets delayed. It makes no sense to play a perfect game and be screwed by the game over a silly error the player has no influence on.
  • JamesGam
    JamesGam Posts: 111 Tile Toppler
    Options
    If we start spamming enough new threads on the topic.. maybe it will be changed?
  • jtwood
    jtwood Posts: 1,285 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    JamesGam said:
    If we start spamming enough new threads on the topic.. maybe it will be changed?

Can't make it worse