Extra DeadPoolDaily node: 🌶 Spicy Fajitas 🥵

111MCH111
111MCH111 Posts: 116 Tile Toppler
This is a suggestion for all MPQ developers.
A lot of players like DPD missions best! I will always try to play DPD, even on business trips.
Great fun and great rewards.
Can you please create an extra node : 🌶 Spicy Fajitas 🥵 
Team up - like Behemoth Burrito - a 3*, a 4* and a 5* character, with a “frozen margarita” as reward.
Such a mission would be fun and also encourage players to build a 5* cover collection.
Personally for me it can be challenging since half my 4* roster is weaker than my 3* farm....But it would be great to see those single covered  5* in DeadPoolDaily in action!

please respond, positive and/or constructive feedback is highly appreciated!

Comments

• HoundofShadow
    HoundofShadow Posts: 8,004 Chairperson of the Boards
    Your topic is eye-catching and I'm feeling hungry after reading your post.  :#

I would prefer something like a BFF node because DDQ doesn't have 2v2 node. I would change it to 4* and 5* team instead.

I doubt they would give 5* cover for beating the node, unless the requirements are tight.

• Warbringa
    Warbringa Posts: 1,289 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited October 2019
    I personally like the idea of 3*, 4* & 5* team combo against another opposing 3*, 4* & 5* but a few things to keep in mind that the devs would focus on:

1.) Availability - this wouldn't be available to many players since a large portion of the player base don't have a cover for every 5*.  Pros: Devs may look at this as a way to fight hoarding and encourage players drawing more classic tokens or buying for HfH offers.  Cons: A node only available to a smaller portion of the player base may have to also be accompanied by something additional that all players can benefit from. 

2.) Rewards (for players)-  assuming a once per week node to be realistic, the reward needs to be greater than 2 CP and less than a legendary token.  Are the devs willing to add that much to DPD? I don't have the answer to that question.  Since the requirements can vary, the difficulty of the node should be one of the determining factors of the reward.  If we are talking about a high-leveled AI teams, then a larger CP reward should be in order, 10, 15 or 20 CP?  If lower leveled AI opponents, then maybe 5 to 7 CP?  I do think it would be nice for them to offer a classic 5* token as it appears to me to be a reward that is missing in the current rewards progression.  Pros: CP or classic token would help fight dilution  Cons: Game history shows that implementing such a significant reward to every 5 days would not be in the devs/publisher view of the game economy

3.) Rewards (for game) - so part of this is does it make the game better and provide some monetary benefit for the game as well?  New content is generally appreciated overall (even though you wouldn't know by reading the forums sometimes) and new DPD content has been on many peoples' asking lists for a while.  So it would certainly seem to benefit the game in that respect however, how does it actually benefit the game financially as well, which let's face it is as important a factor in the devs/publishers eyes too.  I struggle to find too many ways that it would benefit the $ for the game organically, therefore perhaps it would be tied to an initiative such as VIP or VIP X.  Pros:  New content and rewards generate player goodwill & provides ability to tie the new node to VIP or another second tier of VIP   Cons: Part of the player base will complain about pay to play with being tied to VIP 

If I were the devs, I would consider offering something like the following: 

Deadpool's Taco Wagon VIP

- functions like a second VIP for $5/mo. with the following benefits: 

unlocks two easier daily nodes that provide small amount of HP (50 HP total) and more DP Taco tokens (1-2 more taco tokens earned per day)

unlocks one weekly node that provides a new 5* classic token from the Spicy Jalapeno node

a monthly benefit that allows a Taco Wagon VIP to use their whole roster to complete the easier DP nodes (such as Under the Sea, etc) to speed up DP daily play

1 CP alliance renewal bonus 
  • HoundofShadow
    HoundofShadow Posts: 8,004 Chairperson of the Boards
    I'm not sure if you play Marvel Contest of Champion but when their devs implemented something similar to your suggestion a few months ago, many players unleashed more than 10 pages of furies. I think similar things will happen here. 

I like the idea of Classic token as a reward, but some might prefer 20cp. 

Having 5* essential node also allow Classic HfH stores to run more frequently, which could help some to get a specific cover more cheaply.
  • Warbringa
    Warbringa Posts: 1,289 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited October 2019
    I'm not sure if you play Marvel Contest of Champion but when their devs implemented something similar to your suggestion a few months ago, many players unleashed more than 10 pages of furies. I think similar things will happen here. 

I like the idea of Classic token as a reward, but some might prefer 20cp. 

Having 5* essential node also allow Classic HfH stores to run more frequently, which could help some to get a specific cover more cheaply.
    Understood but honestly I wouldn't be worried about it as a player or dev.  F2P players are not monetarily supporting the game and that is their choice to do so. If it is complaints about a money grab, people need to realize it is a for profit business.  The game only continues if it makes money. Those willing to pay will and should always be prioritized over F2P (not talking about whales, that is a whole different category). Those that do already spend, would probably buy a monthly deal like this. Even if it cannibalizes some of the spending on other one-time deals, getting the more secure income from a wider base is probably a better decision than what they currently get from the one-time offers.   As a dev/publisher, any way to get stable and repeat income is your goal.  You will still get some players that will do both. You would also pick up some players who might not drop $10/mo. on VIP but would be willing to drop $5/mo. on this.

I don't think adding a deal like this is a game breaker as it would on average, only provide someone with about 7 more classic 5* covers in a year, along with some HP and other resources from taco tokens and around 45 more 4* covers over the course of a year. I think the price point is reasonable, given the poor pricing of most deals they offer, but not game balancing altering in the rewards that it would leave a F2P player in the dust.

Idea behind the Classic Legendary token is that is directly worth less than 20 CP since it lacks the flexibility of CP, hence its place in the current rewards structure. It also is less valuable for hoarding purposes if that is one of the goals of the devs since the longer you hoard Classic token, the less valuable they become due to dilution.
  • 111MCH111
    edited October 2019
    Thanks for your thoughts. I really love the idea of a classic token as reward on a 3*, 4*, 5* combo. Also the players that have 180 characters or more would like to use those in a challenging mission. Perhaps MPQ Dev can build it as Xmas update? 🌲 🎅  you can always ask Santa? 😎
  • 111MCH111
    Your topic is eye-catching and I'm feeling hungry after reading your post.  :#

I would prefer something like a BFF node because DDQ doesn't have 2v2 node. I would change it to 4* and 5* team instead.

I doubt they would give 5* cover for beating the node, unless the requirements are tight.

Best Friends Forever versus Best Foes Forever. 
    Great plan. I can imagine the fun!

Guess that there are several popular combos screaming for BFF DPD:
    Spidey + Gwen, Spidey + Black Cat, Natasja + Hawkeye, IM + War Machine
    Kitty + R&G, OML + X23, Phoenix + Cyclops, Thanos + daughter, Bolt + Medusa, panther + Shuri, etc

please elaborate your thoughts on more combos?!?
  • 111MCH111
    Cap + Bucky, Doom + Reed, Doc Ock + Sinister Six remaining 😀, Storm + Prof Xavier,.......
  • 111MCH111
    Thank you MPQ for the 🥵 Hot and 🌶 Spicy 🌮 Taco vault.
  • 111MCH111
    Play with 5* DeadPool every 24 hours to obtain another Hot and Spicy 🌶 Token