Phantom Win ?

0zfest
0zfest Posts: 69 Match Maker
 I"ve reached 33500 points in the current tournament "Lost in Time" so I "should" have received a new Human Torch Jim Hammond (Burning Persistence) cover. technically I did but when I opened it, and paid the 1000 hero coins to recruit him. I then proceeded to the character specific node and it says I do not possess that character and will not let me earn those points with my new character. It is greyed out in my roster list but it(the game) let me put a heart on it. I have never seen this before, any ideas on whats happening ? As a bonus prize I won't be able to place in the top 100 to earn a new spiderman2099 cover ... thanks guys ! It"s things like this that won"t allow me to spend any money on this game. Who would pays for broken things ?

Comments

• DAZ0273
    DAZ0273 Posts: 10,101 Chairperson of the Boards
    You can bonus hero characters that you don't have rostered so that wouldn't make a diiference.

Try force restarting the game, possibly there was a server miscommunication. If not sounds like one for Customer Services.
  • 0zfest
    my opinion of customer services is a little on the low side. Ive said before, any company that doesn't have an online chat or a simple phone number to actually talk to someone isn't really all that interested in helping you, or at least not in a timely fashion. you may as well be sending snail mail to Siberia. I switched devices once and it took them over a week. Try it for yourself before commenting.Maybe you have had better luck or a better experience with them than I have, that does not mean I am wrong. My friends have had similar issues and ore of the same opinion so I can't be that out to lunch.I hope they have improved since then.
  • 0zfest
    I think he misunderstood me is all as my comments are me voicing my opinions and not directed at anyone, unless I get told I'm dumb or there is something wrong with me etc, which you didn't do. Apologizing wasn't necessary, but shows good character. Thanks.
  • jp1
    jp1 Posts: 1,081 Chairperson of the Boards
    Nothing else to do, contact in game CS and wait a week for them to fix your issue. You aren’t wrong, they are pretty sub-par. Otherwise, wait for someone from the team to fix your issue on the boards.....

The last sentence above was a setup for that one gif.
  • 0zfest
    Has anyone else ever experienced this type of thing before ? It's never happened to me, before yesterday.
  • jp1
    jp1 Posts: 1,081 Chairperson of the Boards
    I thought I had it happen once, CS alerted me to the fact I was mistaken and I did in fact receive the cover. 

I wasn’t sure enough to make a case, so I just moved on. You do have to press your issue if you’re sure you are right though, because they love to say no.
  • 0zfest
    I have screen shots of him greyed out but heart added in my roster and one of my score event rewards showing i earned this cover. but for some reason when I try to play his character specific node it acts like i don't possess the character. I have a pic of tat as well.
  • shardwick
    shardwick Posts: 2,121 Chairperson of the Boards
    Something like that happened to me during my 3* days. I won like top 25 or top 50 in a pvp but the server screwed up and even though I got the pop-up telling me my placement rewards I didn't actually receive the 3* covers. So I contacted CS, they checked and then rewarded me the covers. Just do the same and there shouldn't be an issue.